It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin: Gays at Olympics Must "Leave Children At Peace"

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I just hope a gay athelete wins a gold and shows up Putin just like Jessie Owens did to Hitler.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   

totallackey
Homosexuality is aberrant, that is to mean...not part of the norm...

Having green eyes is not part of the norm. But people are born that way. Should we arrest everyone who has green eyes? Tell them they are evil for daring to be born with green eyes because it isn't 'normal'? 2% of the population is homosexual. 2% of the world population has green eyes. Both are born that way. Same/same.

Eye Colors Statistics
What percent of the world population has green eyes

edit on 1/18/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by totallackey

Personal attack? Good god you lot can call a whole group of people names and get away with it....pfft.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

And here we go...with the equivocation...

Making a statement denoting a specific behavior is aberrant is not calling a group of people names...

Please stop whining. Thank you.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   

boymonkey74
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I just hope a gay athelete wins a gold and shows up Putin just like Jessie Owens did to Hitler.

Well, on that? I will say, without question, I agree. Perhaps just because Putin does have such a thing with being a part of the 'crack down' on all this dangerous sharing of information and free thinking. What could be better education against the growing waves of violence and hate in Russia than seeing a gay man or lesbian win a gold ..or two...or three?

I don't normally support thinking in those terms for defining by any 'sub-group' like that. However, few situations single them out or put them in an awkward position quite like this, either.

Yup... It's very rare, IMO, to see a Hitler comparison actually make sense. In this very specific way though, that one does. I'll have a big smile to see it happen.

Go for the Gold!

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   

FlyersFan

totallackey
Homosexuality is aberrant, that is to mean...not part of the norm...

Having green eyes is not part of the norm. But people are born that way. Should we arrest everyone who has green eyes? Tell them they are evil for daring to be born with green eyes because it isn't 'normal'? 2% of the population is homosexual. 2% of the world population has green eyes. Both are born that way. Same/same.

Eye Colors Statistics
What percent of the world population has green eyes

edit on 1/18/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

Yes, we should arrest all people with green eyes who demonstrably pose a threat to children...do you agree?

Honestly, get a grip with these meaningless comparisons...

As illegitimate as all the rest of the crapola designed to "normalize," that which is abnormal...

Allow me to spare the time of everyone...

The mantras I have read equal =

1. "I desire to perform fellatio on persons of the same gender. It makes me feel good."
2. "I desire to perform cunnilingus on persons of the same gender. It makes me feel good."
3. "I desire to sodomize or be sodomized by persons of the same gender. It makes me feel good."
4. "Since we have no way of reproducing amongst ourselves, we rely on making inane comparisons, labeling people who make qualified and factual statements as homophobes, and hope this will result in their destruction and, coincidentally, ours..."

Sorry, I ain't buyin...

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Gay people are no more a threat to kids then heterosexuals...Again you show your bigotry.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Hey, Copernicus...

Did you read this statement or are you being purposefully obtuse...

I wrote, and I quote..."Yes, we should arrest all people with green eyes who demonstrably pose a threat to children...do you agree?"

Quit playing ignorant...you started it with the name calling...

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Gryphon66

alienreality

Gryphon66

alienreality
reply to post by Gryphon66

I'm really interested though. How do you feel about what Mr. Putin and the Russians are doing? Do you think they're justified? Do you also agree with the TV star that wants to put all the gays in ovens? Skip over your faulty understanding of biological terms and get back to that. Do you think that the athletes or visitors in attendance will actually be arrested by the Russians? If so, what do you think the international ramifications of that will be?
edit on 1Sat, 18 Jan 2014 01:39:21 -060014p012014166 by Gryphon66 because: Back on topic.

I tried to inform you that sex is synonymous with gender. Just look it up.. "Don't let facts stop you" works both ways, in fact, so far everything you accuse me of, you are also doing. You definitely have some sociopathic tendencies. Always contrary, twisting what others say to try and make them wrong. After my first post, you asked me the very questions I had just given answers for, and this has continued to every subsequent post. Interesting style of social interaction, to be sure. Each to his own I suppose.

Questions you asked me: You finally asked me some relevant questions, OH, Thank you!
I think Putin has a real big mouth and he always says things that he is hoping will trigger a big response, just to get in the spotlight.

I think what they are doing is not being done to help anyone, but to weasel into the international spotlight. I doubt Putin shares any traits with Mother Teresa, but I could be wrong.

I already answered the question of "do I think they should be baked in some oven" an earlier post I said I have friends in the family that are gay, and I said that every person has the right to do what they wish to do. : But to answer your question, I don't like to see anyone hurt, which includes gays. I am not anyone's judge. They are still people and I respect anyone's right to make their own life decisions. I care about all people, even my enemies.

I am not sure about what will happen if they start arresting gays in Russia, if they do, they might have to arrest some of their own ruling party.. There will probably be a few riots.

PS: My understanding of biological terms is the same that the major thesaurus books all say, but I am sure they are wrong too. They should call you before printing anything for quality control, and fact checking..

off topic note: You are a real hoot, exactly like a nephew of mine. When he was younger no one could ever tell him anything.. Not even his teachers at school. He said they were wrong about everything so he quit school in the 8th grade. My point is, he never looked at a person's answers for knowledge as much as he looked for an argument in them. He was always Contrary, with a capital "C", and you appear to enjoy the same role of contrarian king.(and unwitting entertainer), I'm sure you will help me prove my point in the near future..

edit on 18-1-2014 by alienreality because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Interesting. So, totallackey you read logical statements about the incidence of generic behaviors in animal and human populations ... and in your mind that translates as particular sexual activities? That's quite the imagination, isn't it?

You can bluster on about aberrant, abnormal, the "statistical norm curve [a]," and use your favorite dismissive pet-names for counter-claims (seriously, do you have a list written down on an index card by your keyboard or something?) like equivocation, meaningless, crapola, illegitimate, etc., but you aren't making any real arguments, you aren't meeting facts with facts, you're just flinging logical fallacies at the screen and then running for "victim status" when your behavior is called for what it is at the same time you're condemning others for "whining."

Why don't you backup your claims? Why don't you cite scientific studies from the last, oh, 20 years or so to give you some leeway, that prove that homosexual behavior is aberrant, abnormal etc., since those are your favorite terms. Cite some reasonable credentials that make you an expert on human behavior and suggest why readers here should consider any of your comments as anything but garden-variety anti-gay blather.

Stop the sophomoric arguments from emotion. Stop packing strawmen. Stop tossing red herring. (If you need a primer on basic argumentation, do some reading here Logical Fallacies.)

If you've got facts and data on your side, present them; make a reasoned argument.

Anything else and your posts are merely the equivalent of linguistic flatulence.

Example in point your [a] "statistical norm curve" above ... are you referring perhaps to a normal curve i.e. a bell curve in statistics? Or is this merely a faux-scientific-sounding fabrication to try to pad your otherwise belief-based argument? Because, here in the real world, no data fall "outside" the normal curve, that's ... so simplistic an error in basic statistics as to be laughable.

Above all, please demonstrate how your beliefs impact this discussion. How does the concept of "normal," which you seem to be so stuck on, affect the way that gay and lesbian visitors to the Olympics in Sochi might be treated by the Russian government? Are you claiming, for example, to represent the attitude of the Russian government in this? If so, provide backup to prove your claim.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
My last post didn't print so here is repost..

I tried to inform you that sex is synonymous with gender. Just look it up.. "Don't let facts stop you" works both ways, in fact, so far everything you accuse me of, you are also doing. . Always contrary, twisting what others say to try and make them wrong. After my first post, you asked me the very questions I had just given answers for, and this has continued to every subsequent post. Interesting style of social interaction, to be sure. Each to his own I suppose.

Questions you asked me: You finally asked me some relevant questions, OH, Thank you!
I think Putin has a real big mouth and he always says things that he is hoping will trigger a big response, just to get in the spotlight.

I think what they are doing is not being done to help anyone, but to weasel into the international spotlight. I doubt Putin shares any traits with Mother Teresa, but I could be wrong.

I already answered the question of "do I think they should be baked in some oven" an earlier post I said I have friends in the family that are gay, and I said that every person has the right to do what they wish to do. : But to answer your question, I don't like to see anyone hurt, which includes gays. I am not anyone's judge. They are still people and I respect anyone's right to make their own life decisions. I care about all people, even my enemies.

I am not sure about what will happen if they start arresting gays in Russia, if they do, they might have to arrest some of their own ruling party.. There will probably be a few riots.

PS: My understanding of biological terms is the same that the major thesaurus books all say, but I am sure they are wrong too. They should call you before printing anything for quality control, and fact checking..

off topic note: You are a real hoot, exactly like a nephew of mine. When he was younger no one could ever tell him anything.. Not even his teachers at school. He said they were wrong about everything so he quit school in the 8th grade. My point is, he never looked at a person's answers for knowledge as much as he looked for an argument in them. He was always Contrary, with a capital "C", and you appear to enjoy the same role of contrarian king.(and unwitting entertainer), I'm sure you will help me prove my point in the near future..

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   

As soon as you demonstrate the position Putin has made is an actual attack on homosexuals, instead of a case of blathering, faux butthurt (oops, sorry for the Freudian slip)...

ETA:

Again...2% does not constitute a norm...stick that in your pipe and smoke generously...end of argument...
edit on 18-1-2014 by totallackey because: further content

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   

alienreality

(snip for space concerns)

(A) I tried to inform you that sex is synonymous with gender. Just look it up..

(snip for space concerns)

(B) Always contrary, twisting what others say to try and make them wrong.

(C) Questions you asked me: You finally asked me some relevant questions, OH, Thank you!

(snip for space)

(A) Sex and gender are NOT interchangeable. Why don't YOU look it up? Sex refers to the physical differences between male and female PHYSIOLOGY. Gender refers to all the cultural concepts that are implied in "male" and "female." That's Sociology 101. You're still ignoring the fact that I talked about the LACK of SEXUALITY in INFANTS not a LACK of SEX or GENDER which is the ludicrous strawman you're trying to raise.

(B) You just spent a WHOLE POST stating why, in your opinion at least, everything in my posts are wrong. You're not offering any counter-claims, or competing evidence, or even a coherent argument, you're merely taking up screen space with personal comments you think belittle me in some way, but in reality, as in the arrogant ignorance displayed in your post about "sex, gender and sexuality" you're really just blowing hot air. Since we're sharing personal anecdotes, the poor quality of your arguments remind me of every other empty, belief-based, blathering, self-congratulating, insipid, bush-league debater I've ever had the displeasure to interact with in real life or the internet. /shrug

(C) Here's the thing, I shouldn't have to feed you basic thematic questions to get you on the subject of the thread! You're not commenting on the situation in Russia, you just want to preen and bleat your tired opinions about gay people. Thanks for your input! Don't break your virtual arm patting yourself on the back for finally legitimately participating in the thread though.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Bone75

FlyersFan
Homosexuality is sex between consenting adults.

No its not. Homosexuality is the exclusive attraction to members of the same sex and it isn't age sensitive. You just made up that definition to separate yourself from the pedophiles when in essence, they're pretty close to the same thing. The difference is, you were born attracted to men and they were born attracted to kids.

You're trolling this thread.

Homosexuality IS the attraction between members of the same sex - But the act of engaging in homosexual behaviour (I.E sex) requires both participants to consent.

A paedophile does not ask for consent.
Its very unlikely that a child will be attracted to an adult who wants to physically hurt them and even if they were, they are not mature enough mentally to make informed decisions.

You're ignorant post's should be removed not stared.
edit on 18-1-2014 by SearchLightsInc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   

totallackey

As soon as you demonstrate the position Putin has made is an actual attack on homosexuals, instead of a case of blathering, faux butthurt (oops, sorry for the Freudian slip)...

(snipped vid)

Again...2% does not constitute a norm...stick that in your pipe and smoke generously...end of argument...

I've made no claim that Putin's position is an "actual attack on homosexuals." Pure strawman argument.

Awww, you posted a puerile analogy about sexual activity using grade-school terminology and think your post is ... what witty? sharp? insightful? I bet your buddies in high-school patted you on the back when you pulled bone-head plays like that.

I bet you really miss your high-school buddies, don't you?

So tell us, Professor Totallacky, what does "constitute a norm" exactly? Any facts, references to standard scientific vocabulary, or statistical evidence you wish to insert?

Perhaps you're familiar with recent studies at Duke University by Dr. Timur Kuran that suggest that far more people have homosexual experiences than is usually reported, and that is coupled with a higher-incidence of anti-gay sentiment than usual? (Bloomberg article - How People Lie About Sexual Preference and Homophobia) No, no, I'm not saying that your interest in homosexuals suggests that you are repressing anything, I'm merely pointing out real scientific studies with real statistical data.

From the article:

Recent research uncovers strong evidence of preference falsification in the U.S. When people are assured of anonymity, it turns out, a lot more of them will acknowledge that they have had same-sex experiences and that they don’t entirely identify as heterosexual. But it also turns out that when people are assured of anonymity, they will show significantly higher rates of anti-gay sentiment.

These results suggest that recent surveys have been understating, at least to some degree, two different things: the current level of same-sex activity and the current level of opposition to gay rights.

I'm sure those aren't connected in any way though. Pure coincidence, huh?

edit on 10Sat, 18 Jan 2014 10:48:44 -060014p102014166 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10Sat, 18 Jan 2014 10:50:01 -060014p102014166 by Gryphon66 because: Fixed stuff

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Let's just stick with the facts...

A 2 percent measurement within a segment of anything does not constitute the norm...

And that has always been a fact, it is currently a fact, and it will always be a fact...

No need to call me a professor for being able to figure that out on my own...

How does that Duke study impact the positional stance of Putin?

The fact is Putin should have just stated "We will not tolerate any people coming into Russia and endangering our children."

End of sentence.

But of course, this would mean ALL people who intend on visiting Russia could play butthurt...and whine...

Everyone whines about what other people say or do...

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Mod note, do not reply:

Personal insults directed at members are not welcome on ATS.

Please stick to the topic

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   

totallackey

As illegitimate as all the rest of the crapola designed to "normalize," that which is abnormal...

Allow me to spare the time of everyone...

The mantras I have read equal =

1. "I desire to perform fellatio on persons of the same gender. It makes me feel good."
2. "I desire to perform cunnilingus on persons of the same gender. It makes me feel good."
3. "I desire to sodomize or be sodomized by persons of the same gender. It makes me feel good."
4. "Since we have no way of reproducing amongst ourselves, we rely on making inane comparisons, labeling people who make qualified and factual statements as homophobes, and hope this will result in their destruction and, coincidentally, ours..."

Sorry, I ain't buyin...

Wrong. What is being said (and you are obviously not hearing) is:

"I am an adult who is attracted to and involved with another adult of the same gender."
"I have green eyes."
"I have naturally red hair."
"I am left-handed."

... is no worse or better than saying:

"I am an adult who is attracted to and involved with another adult of the opposite gender."
"I have brown eyes."
"I have brown hair."
"I am right-handed."

There isn't anything inherently bad about either set of statements.

Here are some inherently bad statements:

"I like to force children (boys or girls) to have sex with me."
"I like to force animals to have sex with me."
"I like to rape others (males or females) against their will."

Do you see the difference? Just because someone is a homosexual male, it doesn't automatically mean they are raping little boys, just like because someone is a heterosexual male, it doesn't automatically mean they are raping little girls.

And if you are going to say that being a homosexual is aberrant, then you will have to also say that having red hair is aberrant, having green eyes is aberrant, and being left-handed is aberrant. If by saying aberrant, you simply mean being in the minority - that is fine, but simply being in the minority is no reason to harass, ridicule, shun, or offend.

Why didn't Putin say, "All Americans are welcome to our Olympics, but just leave our children in peace"? Why did he specify gays? It was obviously a prejudicial statement against gays, hence the offensiveness of it.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

I have stated this and anyone who has bothered to read
instead of getting their panties in a bunch might say the same thing...
but of course, that would eliminate the opportunity for hysterics and theatricality.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join