It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin: Gays at Olympics Must "Leave Children At Peace"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   

FlyersFan

Bone75
its about protecting children's minds from the gay acceptance agenda.

'Gay acceptance agenda' .... what is that?
Do you mean - 'educate people that homosexuality is naturally found in animal species'??
So Russia ... and you? ... are against biology education?

Well since you brought it up, pedophelia is just as "natural". So if there's nothing wrong with a homosexual acting on his unconventional sexual desires, then there shouldn't be anything wrong with a pedophile acting on his. Why should we condemn one but glorify the other? Poor pedophiles. (for the record, I'm not defending pedophiles... just making a point)

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Yeah but what can anyone do about it other than getting pissed on the internet. Countries are all different. Best way to deal with that is to make fun of them.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Bone75
So if there's nothing wrong with a homosexual acting on his unconventional sexual desires, then there shouldn't be anything wrong with a pedophile acting on his.

Homosexuality is sex between consenting adults.
Pedophilia is a predatory adult victimizing a child.
BIG DIFFERENCE.

As for homosexuality being 'unconventional'. If it is, it's because of bigotry and erroneous myths that homosexuality is depraved or a 'sin' or whatever. Education changes what is considered 'unconventional'. Heck, 60 years ago it was 'unconventional' for people to get divorced. A divorced woman was considered 'fast and slutty'. Thankfully people have evolved from that kind of thought process.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

That was FUNNY! ha ha ha ....

Sure, all we can do is make fun of Putin on the internet.
Take that away and you might as well shut down ATS.

(that reminds me ... it's probably time for another Bieber thread.
We are about to kick him out of the USA .... that $20,000 'egging' thing. ha ha )

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by dashen

I agree.
Regarding putin's statement, im pretty sure hes just trolling. He knows better. He just likes to point out he doesnt like gays, he does so at every oportunity he gets.
Hes a great leader if you ask me, truth is he actually killed a few guys, but what world leader didnt?

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   

I have no problems with homosexuality. My best neighbors back home are a homosexual couple. My wife and I get along great with them.

To say there isn't an agenda to push the acceptance of homosexuality is incorrect. There indeed is. It doesn't affect me since I don't have to be indoctrinated to not mind homosexuality, but it does affect many people. news.yahoo.com...

Yes, most mammals have a similar rate of homosexuality in their populations, including humans. This, however, doesn't mean that one ought to be indoctrinated, covertly or overtly, into accepting it. That's the realm of morality, and the realm of the subjective. Legislating the subjective is pretty much the definition of control for the sake of control. Understanding that it does happen through education is one thing, accepting it as being moral (and that's another discussion entirely and involves the success of a society as a whole over time among other things) is something else entirely.

One has to understand Russia's recent history (past 100 years) to understand why homosexuality is a hot topic there. They have one of the lowest population growths on the planet. There is a myriad of incentives for Russian couples to have children. Russia is also very cautious about mass immigration as they no doubt see what it has done to the politics and culture of Europe. I'll try to find the stats to post the source, but I remember reading a while ago that only 19% of pedophiles are heterosexual. Since the fall of the soviet republic, and especially in the 90s, Russia was a fairly lawless place ruled mostly by corporate mafia types with official government being in charge in name only. Think how poorly the justice system must have worked then. I think a lot of the current sentiments towards homosexuals in Russia are due to a combination of their seeking a return to positive population growth with a strong memory of the last 20 years. has led to this outlook, and I think it's entirely incidental to the scenario rather than a direct desire to hate people.

edit on 17-1-2014 by Galvatron because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

The OP is right. Pedophilia is not consensual and has nothing to do with love. Plus there is a whole power/control dynamic at work. If pedophiles really "loved", they wouldn't turn around and tell their victims if they tell they will either be punished, ridiculed by their parents or killed by their tormentor.

Homosexuality/Same-Sex attraction is about love between two consenting teenagers/adults.

That isn't even apples and oranges... that is rocks and apples.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Actually, I tend to agree with him on this one.

While I believe gay sexuality should be taught at schools as part of sex ed, I don't think ANY group, straight or gay, that promotes sex in any way should be able to market to anybody underage.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Without taking a stance either way on homosexuality, I think the point is that the argument, "it happens in nature" doesn't advance, logically at least, the idea that homosexuality is "ok" in moral terms. There are species in nature that practice homosexual behaviors, but there are also species that eat their young.

Again, not taking a stance on homosexuality, just the particular argument that it occurs in nature and so its ok. If I was trying to advance the idea that homosexuality is "ok" or whatever, I wouldn't use that argument.

edit on 17-1-2014 by TheConspiracyPages because: because "if was a trying" might lead one to think I'm from someplace I'm not

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   

FlyersFan
Homosexuality is sex between consenting adults.

No its not. Homosexuality is the exclusive attraction to members of the same sex and it isn't age sensitive. You just made up that definition to separate yourself from the pedophiles when in essence, they're pretty close to the same thing. The difference is, you were born attracted to men and they were born attracted to kids.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TheConspiracyPages

Yep, couldn't agree more. Star for that.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Look, I don't care what peoples sexual preferences are. I think it's something that folks should just keep to themselves. I understand that it's complicated, and it probably always will be.

This being said, -if I went to some remote village somewhere in the world and they didn't like for people to blink their eyes, even though it would inconvenience me, I would try my best to not blink in front of them because I would want to respect them and their culture, and trust me, I am a chronic blinker

All the people of the world will never accept homosexuality. Some of the people will, but not all.

Just my opinion and nothing more.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

Well if Homosexuality means attraction of the same sex regardless of age, then that can be said for Heterosexuality being the attraction of the opposite sexes regardless of age. Guess that means all straight people are pedophiles too then.

reply to post by Fylgje

This isn't just a case of "we don't accept gay people, keep it in the closet or else" this is "we don't accept gay people so we're going to imprison, rape and murder them if we suspect you are."

edit on 1/17/2014 by MonkeyFishFrog because: replied

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Flyers, you come from a country that sexualizes children, whether gay straight or androgynous. This is partly because sexuality naturally seeps into the lives and minds of children and partly because of adult decisions and motivations. The vast majority of young children are not that sexual.

You are judging a country where this is not necessarily the case and where the government is concerned enough to enact laws to maintain innocence until the children are ready to explore things of themselves.

Russia are being open and non-judgmental and are alerting homosexuals so that there is no confusion that could lead to the breaking of laws.

In a brief visit, such as during the games, it is not much to ask for people to honor a different culture, which the Russians are trying to protect through law.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Fylgje

Yes I agree. I think you've touched on a greater overall point here that many of the professionally offended can't grasp. Just because I personally think homosexuals ought to have the same rights as everyone else, I'm not going to infringe on an entire culture's perspective and more importantly right to self determination by imposing my beliefs on a society that I don't even live in.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Kudos to Mr. Putin!!!!
He is letting those who Choose to be gay be, but is not letting them push their agenda towards minors at the Olympics. That's awesome.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by MonkeyFishFrog

Please pay attention to the language we've all agreed on using in this forum. Heterosexual attraction does not necessarily equate to pedophilia in the same way that homosexual attraction does not necessarily equate to pedophilia. Heterosexual means merely that heterosexual attraction. Homosexual means merely that, homosexual attraction. It has nothing to do with the age unless specifically stated with a qualifier.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Christian Voice

So when did you choose to be straight?...you didn't so stop the nonsense that is people choose to be gay.
Nothing at all wrong with being gay at all btw why does it effect you or Putin? it doesn't.
edit on 17-1-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Galvatron

Please pay attention to the fact that I was replying to someone who first posted that homosexuality means also sexual attraction to children. I was pointing out that person's improper use.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by MonkeyFishFrog

My mistake. I see that now. Apologies.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join