It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin: Gays at Olympics Must "Leave Children At Peace"

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by alienreality

The persecution of homosexuality started with the beginning of Christianity.

Not to mention not everyone in the world today is Christian. Christianity only makes up of 33% of the total world population. Seeing as everyone doesn't share a religion, it would be discriminatory to use any religious teachings for deciding moral issues that affect others outside that faction of faith.

(Sorry, could not resist)
edit on 1/18/2014 by MonkeyFishFrog because: formatting

(post by alienreality removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 12:50 AM
link   

MonkeyFishFrog

Not to mention not everyone in the world today is Christian. Christianity only makes up of 33% of the total world population. Seeing as everyone doesn't share a religion, it would be discriminatory to use any religious teachings for deciding moral issues that affect others outside that faction of faith.

Earlier I stated that most of the worlds religions all condemn that, and they still do..

The persecution of adultery and stealing things and murdering people also started with Christianity.. Probably long before that.. Everyone condemns something in their life, this is what gives humanity a token of humanity..

Just because Christians were condemning it, or condemning other things, doesn't invalidate the condemnation. I hope I didn't allude earlier to Christians making up the whole population..

Since all religions condemn gay living (except for the synagogue of Satan).. There might be a few others, but they are going to be fringe ones.

Moral Issues have been integrated into all western governments including most European governments, and this is still the case. Albiet, they are now dwindling very rapidly.. because of government still using moral issues as a governor to make decisions and many things, (when it suits them), I feel that because of this, and that the other religions all feel the same way, it really isn't discriminatory, but I do agree that this discriminates against the subject here. Everyone discriminates though, I discriminated a few things this morning until I found a good breakfast item that I wanted, so I didn't discriminate against that one..

Right and left , and MSM use that word "discrimination" a lot to condemn anyone discriminating, but this action is not always wrong, or bad to do.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Gryphon66
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

Are you sure I'm the ignorant one, friend? I'm pretty you just stated that you misunderstand gender and sexuality.

Male and female are GENDERS. Babies, Freud notwithstanding, are very rarely considered to be SEXUAL at birth.

*looks at the ATS Pulitzer [sic]* ... I think you should keep this ...

... and good day to you as well, friend.

Yes I'm sure.. Male is a sex and female is a sex.. Put it together and what's it spell? People were born either one , and each one is a sex..

Doctor 1: Hey there Jane, what sex was your new baby? " Oh, Hi doctor 1, Yes it was a Girl!

I was going to add a doctor2, but I'm thinking you still won't get it.

You are really making yourself appear even worse than you did before, you might as well be trying to convince everyone that the world is a happy touchy feely place full of birds and chirping nothingness, were you really trying to win an argument?..

You already got totally owned, so lets not push it. Try and keep a little dignity for yourself intact.

What is another word for gender?

What's another word for gender? Here's a list of words you may be looking for.

Noun

sex, sexual category, sexual characteristics, masculinity, femininity, sexual role

edit on 18-1-2014 by alienreality because: roflmao

edit on Sat Jan 18 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   

FlyersFan
reply to post by dashen

I didn't say that homosexuality was a species all it's own.
I said it's naturally found in the animal kingdom.
People shouldn't feel guilty about being born with same sex attraction.

That's where you're absolutely and completely WRONG!

FACT: There is not one animal in the entire natural kingdom that uses its penis to penetrate the anus of another male.

Do not confuse degenerate human sex perversions for loving expressions displayed in the animal kingdom, where a male may embrace another male or 2 males may 'fool around' with eachother.

They DO NOT PENETRATE!

That is a fact, so don't try to blame this human anomaly on the 'Natural World'.

The human has become perverted and corrupted, and that's that! We've lost touch with the Natural Law.

Oh and, people are not 'born with same sex attraction': That's a fallacy. Once a simple childhood attraction is developed into homosexual penetration, it is a learned human psychological pathology...and as Putin states, can easily evolve into paedophilia, with the intimidation and corruption of undeveloped youngsters by older perverts of the same sex.

So don't try to convince anybody that homosexuality is in any way 'natural'. It's not.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 01:04 AM
link   

alienreality

MonkeyFishFrog

Earlier I stated that most of the worlds religions all condemn that, and they still do..

The persecution of adultery and stealing things and murdering people also started with Christianity.. Probably long before that.. Everyone condemns something in their life, this is what gives humanity a token of humanity..

Just because Christians were condemning it, or condemning other things, doesn't invalidate the condemnation. I hope I didn't allude earlier to Christians making up the whole population..

Since all religions condemn gay living (except for the synagogue of Satan).. There might be a few others, but they are going to be fringe ones.

Moral Issues have been integrated into all western governments including most European governments, and this is still the case. Albiet, they are now dwindling very rapidly.. because of government still using moral issues as a governor to make decisions and many things, (when it suits them), I feel that because of this, and that the other religions all feel the same way, it really isn't discriminatory, but I do agree that this discriminates against the subject here. Everyone discriminates though, I discriminated a few things this morning until I found a good breakfast item that I wanted, so I didn't discriminate against that one..

Right and left , and MSM use that word "discrimination" a lot to condemn anyone discriminating, but this action is not always wrong, or bad to do.

Hmmm ... a few things:

1. Judaism predates Christianity by about 2000 years or so. (That's what that whole "Old Testament" thingy is about.)

2. Are you really saying that condemnation is the essence of humanity?

3. All Christians do not condemn homosexuality. Among the ones that don't are the Presbyterian Church, the Episcopal Church, the Quakers, United Church of Christ, Christian Church in America, the Anglican Church, Church of Scotland, Church of Canada, Church of Norway, Sweden and Denmark and about 50 more denominations worldwide. (LGBT - Affirming Christian Churches).

4. "Synagogue of Satan" ... now that's an interesting turn of phrase. Are you suggesting that all Jews serve the Devil?

5. Minimizing and joking about discrimination is quite the character reference.

Not sure how any of that applies to Mr. Putin and the situation in Russia, though.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 01:06 AM
link   

alienreality

Gryphon66

alienreality
reply to post by Gryphon66

You say people aren't born sexual? That statement just won the ATS Pulitzer prize for ignorance..

When people are born, they are born male, or female, and those are certainly sexual, just ask a doctor..

Seeing this flagrant display of trolling people red flags me to ditch this thread and future discussions with you, since actual discussion jibes with your (something, I don't even think there is a name for it.)

Have a good day..

Are you sure I'm the ignorant one, friend? I'm pretty you just stated that you misunderstand gender and sexuality.

Male and female are GENDERS. Babies, Freud notwithstanding, are very rarely considered to be SEXUAL at birth.

*looks at the ATS Pulitzer [sic]* ... I think you should keep this ...

... and good day to you as well, friend.

Yes I'm sure.. Male is a sex and female is a sex.. Put it together and what's it spell? People were born either one , and each one is a sex..

Doctor 1: Hey there Jane, what sex was your new baby? " Oh, Hi doctor 1, Yes it was a Girl!

I was going to add a doctor2, but I'm thinking you still won't get it.

You are really making yourself appear even worse than you did before, you might as well be trying to convince everyone that the world is a happy touchy feely place full of birds and chirping nothingness, were you really trying to win an argument?..

You already got totally owned, so lets not push it. Try and keep a little dignity for yourself intact.

What is another word for gender?

What's another word for gender? Here's a list of words you may be looking for.

Noun

sex, sexual category, sexual characteristics, masculinity, femininity, sexual role

edit on 18-1-2014 by alienreality because: roflmao

Look at what you said up there. Take a breath and read.

I said babies are not sexual, i.e. they don't have sexuality.

You then claimed that meant that I was saying they didn't have gender which you are now equating with sex which is closer but still pretty ignorant, to use your word.

But, yeah, you're "winning" here, so don't let facts stop you.

I'm really interested though. How do you feel about what Mr. Putin and the Russians are doing? Do you think they're justified? Do you also agree with the TV star that wants to put all the gays in ovens? Skip over your faulty understanding of biological terms and get back to that. Do you think that the athletes or visitors in attendance will actually be arrested by the Russians? If so, what do you think the international ramifications of that will be?
edit on 1Sat, 18 Jan 2014 01:39:21 -060014p012014166 by Gryphon66 because: Back on topic.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   

boymonkey74
reply to post by dashen

Being gay doesn't stop you having children...so you are wrong.

Im going to mark this up as one of the funniest statements i think i ever read. If the species were gay they wouldnt have kids. I dont know if you failed biology but it takes a male and female to have babies unless the species doesnt have genders. And please dont say they could adopt or go to a sperm bank thats just to funny in itself. Luckily most people arent born gay so that the human race can continue. It is simply a defect in genetic code we found it in fruit flies now its just a matter of time until we find it in the human genome.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 01:25 AM
link   

FlyersFan
homosexuality is naturally found in animal species
So Russia ... and you? ... are against biology education?
Apparently Russia will throw someone in jail for saying to a teenager .... don't fret about having
same sex attraction feelings, it happens.

There are Laws against aggressive proselytizing, pan-handling,
aggressive squeegee kids etc . . . this law in Russia is no different.
As for natural *cringe*, do not compare the wild-kingdom to human civilization,
a loss for your cause; considering rape etc is 'natural' in
the wild-kingdom doesn't make it a right in civilized societies.

edit on 18/1/14 by ToneDeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I did a little research on the research on these supposed "fruity flies."

The article in Science (Link ot article) is from 2005 ... I find nothing where the research was continued after that.

Here's a significant quote from the lead researcher:

Dickson and Demir's results add to a number of studies that have shown the influence of genes on sexual behaviour, in both animals and humans. Homosexuality has been documented in more than 400 species, including many mammals, and research has linked this behaviour to everything from social factors to maternally inherited genes.

"It's pretty clear that the survival of a species depends heavily on its ability to reproduce. So that's something that you'd want programmed into the genes," Dickson says.

But the researchers caution that controls on a fruitfly's sexual behaviour are undoubtedly different from our own. "In the case of humans, we know that our sexual behaviours are not irreversibly set by our genes," says Dickson. "But that doesn't mean the genes have no influence," he adds.

"There's still a lot of mystery surrounding the causes of homosexuality," says Hans Van Gossum of the University of Antwerp, Belgium, who has studied fly mating patterns. "It's too early to draw strong conclusions on simple mechanisms like this.

So, Dragonridr, your snide comments about "fixing gays" notwithstanding, how do you feel like this fruitfly info would affect the situation in Russia. Do you think they'll advocate for state-sponsored "gene repair" next? How do you feel about that?

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 01:58 AM
link   

First dont put words in my mouth i said nothing about fixing gays that was from you. I simply said it's tied to genes in our genetic code. Isnt this what all gay people claim they were born that way? Its a genetic defect found in homosapiens so is alot of other things . Unless you mean people choose to be gay and if thats the case well then maybe putins right protecting the children you can't have it both ways.

PSdo you know why the scientists were trying to make fruit flies gay? Simple they wouldn't reproduce and no insecticides needed.
edit on 1/18/14 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Starling

Well said mate. It is not natural at all. Here in Australia, our school system don't teach our kids that it is natural either. It could be defect in genetic code for some, or some bad wiring in the brain- but most choose to jump the fence. Ive seen it a lot - married guys with kids one day just get up and leave their familes and say "sorrry 'm gay"! I think it is pathetic and weak.

Why would someone start a family, if they know that they are already gay (which most do) and then do damage to their kids & ex-wife? I think Putin is right, gay propaganda is not for children.

[edit for punctuation]
edit on 18/1/2014 by Skyline74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 02:16 AM
link   

FACT: There is not one animal in the entire natural kingdom that uses its penis to penetrate the anus of another male.

Not really a fact.

Turns out quite a few go in for that type of thing (homosexuality in animals).

Do not confuse degenerate human sex perversions for loving expressions displayed in the animal kingdom, where a male may embrace another male or 2 males may 'fool around' with eachother.

Do you have a favourite male or two with whom you like to 'fool around' with? It's a loving expression and okay.

The human has become perverted and corrupted, and that's that! We've lost touch with the Natural Law.

If all the animals we know of express homosexual tendencies (in small samples) and so do humans, where do you conclude it's a perversion and counter to 'Natural Law' (whatever that means)??

can easily evolve into paedophilia, with the intimidation and corruption of undeveloped youngsters by older perverts of the same sex.

You're calling homosexuals perverts and then equating to them to people who molest/abuse/rape children. That's pretty nasty. Is it possible that your attitude to other humans is rather a perversion? By 'perversion' I mean, is it *normal* to accuse or suggest that same-sex couples are child molesters? So far your post was a whole bowl of wrong so just maybe your whole attitude to homosexuality is equally, chronically wrong?

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 02:36 AM
link   

When political funding is used to push a movement,
that in itself is not natural, it is political.
The culture of other countries is changed in this way as well,
all for political agendas.
Biden: Jewish leaders drove gay marriage

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Skyline74

Well said mate. It is not natural at all. Here in Australia, our school system don't teach our kids that it is natural either. It could be defect in genetic code for some, or some bad wiring in the brain- but most choose to jump the fence. Ive seen it a lot - married guys with kids one day just get up and leave their familes and say "sorrry 'm gay"! I think it is pathetic and weak.

Why would someone start a family, if they know that they are already gay (which most do) and then do damage to their kids & ex-wife? I think Putin is right, gay propaganda is not for children.

[edit for punctuation]

Right you are. Not only are those fence jumpers pathetic and weak cowards, they're self serving, self indulgent, narcissistic and arrogant.
I was once married to one of those, who knew of his 'aberration' when he met me, but did not declare it until later.
He deceptively married me, heterosexually, for his own self advancement in life.
The perversion and deception tend to go hand in hand.
So guess what he's doing now: trying to adopt a Tibetan 'boy' half his age and 'import' him into the country. (I'm serious).
Of course the USA will not allow it...Too weird!...It reeks of paedophilia!

I'm so sick of these people's frickn' arrogance and imposition on the rest of the world.

That's the kind of behaviour which Putin is talking about. Not so far fetched!

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Go down a few posts to find that I'm a woman!
See how you've already 'profiled' me as a man with a 'perversion'.

Find me the proof, in the natural world, of male animals that penetrate other males' anuses with their penis.
Bet you can't, because it simply doesn't exist and therefore has never been observed.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Actually, if you clicked the link provided there were 2 examples of male animals participating in anal penetration: American Bison and Polecats.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 03:14 AM
link   

dragonridr

First dont put words in my mouth i said nothing about fixing gays that was from you. I simply said it's tied to genes in our genetic code. Isnt this what all gay people claim they were born that way? Its a genetic defect found in homosapiens so is alot of other things . Unless you mean people choose to be gay and if thats the case well then maybe putins right protecting the children you can't have it both ways.

PSdo you know why the scientists were trying to make fruit flies gay? Simple they wouldn't reproduce and no insecticides needed.
edit on 1/18/14 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

Why would anyone alter your beautiful sentence structure? Here's what you said word for word:

dragonridr
It is simply a defect in genetic code we found it in fruit flies now its just a matter of time until we find it in the human genome.

So it's a "defect" that's to be found ... so in the "matter of time" it takes until it is found in the "human genome" ... what are you going to do it it then? What does one do to defects? You fix them. That's clear from your context. At least have the courage of your convictions and don't weasel when you're called out on it.

Second, the study found a gene in fruit flies that WHEN ALTERED changed specific parts of their mating rituals. They didn't find a DEFECTIVE gene. They found a gene that has a certain effect when ALTERED. I know you want that to mean that gays are defective, but it doesn't; you're merely incorrect.

It is your judgement that this relates to humans and what you obviously view as a defect; it is not science. Read the article if you're interested in the truth at all.

The rest of your gobbledegook post is incomprehensible. Being gay still has nothing to do with a need for Putin to protect children.
edit on 3Sat, 18 Jan 2014 03:17:29 -060014p032014166 by Gryphon66 because: Posting oddities.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Starling

Skyline74

[edit for punctuation]

Right you are. Not only are those fence jumpers pathetic and weak cowards, they're self serving, self indulgent, narcissistic and arrogant.
I was once married to one of those, who knew of his 'aberration' when he met me, but did not declare it until later.
He deceptively married me, heterosexually, for his own self advancement in life.
The perversion and deception tend to go hand in hand.
So guess what he's doing now: trying to adopt a Tibetan 'boy' half his age and 'import' him into the country. (I'm serious).
Of course the USA will not allow it...Too weird!...It reeks of paedophilia!

I'm so sick of these people's frickn' arrogance and imposition on the rest of the world.

That's the kind of behaviour which Putin is talking about. Not so far fetched!

Well now, there's no reason you wouldn't be totally unbiased toward the subject, now is there? (IRONY)

I'm sorry some guy misled you. That doesn't make the rest of the gay population weak or cowardly or any of your other insults. It also doesn't make them child abusers. It doesn't justify what is happening in Russia.

Your personal tragedy is what's called anecdotal evidence, doesn't prove anything beyond your circumstance.
edit on 3Sat, 18 Jan 2014 03:27:53 -060014p032014166 by Gryphon66 because: Posting oddities.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join