It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin: Gays at Olympics Must "Leave Children At Peace"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Oh gee ... where to start on this!

Attention Mr. Putin - Russia can run it's country as it wishes (well, that might not exactly be true ... but that's for another topic), but surely a person such as yourself, who runs the country of Russia and who pulled the world back from the brink of World War III starting in Syria ... surely you must know that homosexuality and pedophilia are two different things. And surely you, Mr. Putin, must know that homosexuals aren't going to go to the Olympics like an invading army and indoctrinate 'straight' children into being gay or something. Comeon .... it doesn't work that way.

Putin: Gays at Olympics Must 'Leave Children At Peace"

Russian President Vladimir Putin says gays should feel welcome at the upcoming Winter Olympic Games in Sochi, but they must "leave the children in peace."

Putin told volunteers Friday that gays visiting Sochi "can feel calm and at ease," and vowed that there would be no discrimination at the games. But he emphasized that, according to a law banning homosexual "propaganda" among minors, gays cannot express their views on gay rights issues to anyone underage.

I"m thinking Mr. Putin may not only be homophobic but also very afraid of FREE SPEECH.

Russia is a country that throws musicians in hell-hole prisons simply for singing a song that put Mr. Putin in a negative light. I don't know if Russia can handle freedom of speech educating people that homosexuality is not pedophilia.

edit on 1/17/2014 by FlyersFan because: fixed link

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
For what it's worth, the basic issue is totally unrelated to Pedo problems. Russia has literally passed laws making teaching favorable material about Homosexuality to children a crime.

Russia to outlaw 'homosexual propaganda' and ban public events that promote gay rights

This is something much more recent about their "Homosexual Propaganda" laws.

Sir Ian McKellen pens protest over Russian gay law

People have gotten the impression Russia is a free nation in any sense the Western world knows that term..and that Putin is a freedom minded guy. That's about as far from the truth as calling a dark night something like noon time sunshine, IMO.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000
Russia has literally passed laws making teaching favorable material about Homosexuality to children a crime.

So then it's a matter of ignorance and homophobia. They don't want homosexual children to know that they are homosexual and they are afraid that straight kids will be turned gay when they are taught that homosexuality exists. That's my guess anyways ....

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I was going to comment but then I changed my mind.

Some topic about sex and children.? I'll say the wrong thing.

S+F.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
If I was PM of my country I wouldn't support the games at all seeing what they have said and passed laws against gay people.
BTW anyone got a bad feeling about the games?. I have.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

This doesn't have anything to do with pedophiles, its about protecting children's minds from the gay acceptance agenda. Kind of like the no smoking signs in public outdoor parks.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I think its admirable to spare exposing children to abberant sexual material until after puberty

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   

There was a documentary where Stephen Fry visited Russia with regards to this new law. He visited Gay parents who feared they would lose their children, as their gay relationship would be viewed as promoting a gay lifestyle.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Oh come on...I'm pretty sure we have all seen a thread or two here or someplace else talking about childrens sex education saying homosexuality is ok and or normal.

I'm thinking that is what he is getting at.

They have made laws against homosexuality but it is their country. He said Gays shall be welcome, just don't be throwing your literature at school kids. Honestly what is wrong with that?

Not saying it is right or wrong, personally I'd rather have a homosexual interact with my kids than a muslim wearing a suicide vest.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Sometimes a gay cigar is just a cigar, although Putin and his crowd wish they all were. So his police will be on the lookout for anybody talking to a "child" (how old is the term "children" defined in his law?), kind of sneak on up there to see what's being said, and if someone says the wrong thing "Joey, have you ever seen a grown man naked?" (from the movie "Airplane", in case someone is reaching for the alert button) - a prison they will go.
edit on 17-1-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Bone75
its about protecting children's minds from the gay acceptance agenda.

'Gay acceptance agenda' .... what is that?
Do you mean - 'educate people that homosexuality is naturally found in animal species'??
So Russia ... and you? ... are against biology education?

Apparently Russia will throw someone in jail for saying to a teenager .... don't fret about having
same sex attraction feelings, it happens.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   

dashen
I think its admirable to spare exposing children to abberant sexual material until after puberty

I think it's horrible to load up a homosexual teenager with guilt and low self esteem by denying them
basic biology education about homosexuality being a normal thing in different animal species.
(and humans are animals).

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Why do we always get bent out of shape when another country runs it the way they do? Just because it isn't what we think? This is hardly a surprise.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I could be wrong here, but it seems to me that we should respect this country's wishes on this as they are hosting the event. Maybe I'm off target on this one...idk.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   

intrepid
Why do we always get bent out of shape when another country runs it the way they do?

As I said right off at the start .... Russia can run it's country any way it wishes.
But at the same time, I'm going to state my opinion that Russia is homophobic and/or anti-reality.
Homosexuality happens. It doesn't make someone 'bad' and it shouldn't get a person tossed in jail to be born gay.
Russia can do what it wants ..... I disagree with it. That's my opinion.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   

FlyersFan

Do you mean - 'educate people that homosexuality is naturally found in animal species'??
So Russia ... and you? ... are against biology education

Biologically homosexuality if genetic, is a self correcting genetic defect.
a gay species is an extinct species

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   

FlyersFan

intrepid
Why do we always get bent out of shape when another country runs it the way they do?

As I said right off at the start .... Russia can run it's country any way it wishes.
But at the same time, I'm going to state my opinion that Russia is homophobic and/or anti-reality.
Homosexuality happens. It doesn't make someone 'bad' and it shouldn't get a person tossed in jail to be born gay.
Russia can do what it wants ..... I disagree with it. That's my opinion.

Fair enough, I share most of that opinion myself. Most of it.

link   
reply to post by dashen

Being gay doesn't stop you having children...so you are wrong.

link   
reply to post by dashen

I didn't say that homosexuality was a species all it's own.
I said it's naturally found in the animal kingdom.
People shouldn't feel guilty about being born with same sex attraction.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Most likely started off in the Netherlands.
It's Always the same my country getting forked up about gay rights in Russia. You see it so often on TV.
The king and his wife, the prime minister and some other main figures here are going to the games which started a hefty discussion on dutch media, that they where kinda hypocrite, and when they go they should have this discussion with the leaders of Russia.

Before this Russia and the Netherlands got in some problems with Greenpeace (held captive) and some ambassador which was thrown in a cell... and Putin's daughter got a dutch friend and live toghether also over here...

If you look how many are gay on TV in my country, it's no wonder gays gets so much attention where other country's/people often think 50% of my country is gay or something.
Why this subject Always get so much attention?
It's a non issue, and we are a small country, not fighting for anything except for gays it looks like.

So now with the Olympics and important people getting to Russia suddenly all this gay subject is soooo important!! whatever..

edit on 17-1-2014 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join