It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is your "persistent lingering contrail" theory, now?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by WonderBoi

It's called PERSPECTIVE. Look into it. You are the one who is way smarter than us. Use your chemistry.
Bwahahahahahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   

WonderBoi
^^^^^^^This^^^^^^ High fiving myself. Givin' myself a star. lol

Don't give yourself a star for not understanding that perspective is at work here.

When a jet flies over my head and then heads away from me toward the horizon, obviously it will look higher in the sky (relative to the horizon) when it is over my head that it does minutes later when it is about to fly off towards the distant horizon. That is due to perspective, NOT because the plane descended to a lower altitude.

The same thing may be happening in your images. The contrail that "appears" higher may be at the same altitude as the ones that "appear" lower only because the one that is higher is closer to your position.

Do the clouds at the top of this image look to be at a different altitude to you than the clouds closer to the horizon?:

The bottoms of the clouds in this image could all be at the same altitude. Since they very well could be at the same height, lets' stipulate that they are (for the sake of this demonstration).

Let's imagine two planes in this image, one at the top of this image flying just beneath the clouds, while another was flying closer to the horizon, but still just beneath the clouds. The one closer to the horizon may appear "lower" in this image, but it would NOT actually be flying lower.

That's due to perspective.

edit on 1/18/2014 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   

(post by network dude removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   

masqua
Mod note: Let's not get too personal, OK?

It doesn't seem like anyone is listening.

Thread closed

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join