It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Who Do You Want To Be?"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Hello! First topic.

I'd like to relate a dream I had a few nights ago that ended with that question.

The dream started as nothing special. I was talking to some dream friends at a location I can't recall. I left there and crossed a field where an ongoing baseball game was going on. Dream baseball might be more accurate since it only loosely resembled the sport. I walked across the back of the field while it was ongoing. After doing so I was informed the dean/principal/boss wanted to see me. So I began to head that direction.

En route I passed through an attractive girl's dorm. We were friends, but I don't know her in real life. I asked her how to get there. She told me to do go out her door, take a right, and by then I got to the gist of it. I know where that is. I got a mental picture of it in my dream and knew where it was, so left.

I made my way inside the building when the real impact of this dream finally happened. I ran into a group of people of which one of them was myself! One was a dream friend I don't know in real life and another was a female co-worker, and the other was me. "You're supposed to be there! And you!" I said pointing to them. I got an incredulous look from them. The obvious finally hit me as I watch myself and his group of friends about to leave.

"Who am I?"
"Who do you want to be?"

And the dream ended.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've never ran into myself in a dream before. The message really stuck with me. Thoughts? Have you guys ever dreamed and saw yourself as yourself?

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I kind of want to be me. I don't want to be someone else. Who am I? I am who I am.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

I want to be like rickymouse, as he wants to be himself...

A 2fir..!

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
It is an age old question and one only you can answer and only one you can ask yourself so who do you want to be?

Personally I am the special and the HERO of my story
edit on 17-1-2014 by abeverage because: of being a hero

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Took me to long to get used to me being me. I'll stick with myself. Now if we could be an object or a thing...that's a whole different story. I would without hesitation become Robin Meade's bra.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by almostrambo

This is a metaphysical concept that occurs often in eastern religion philosophy, particularly Taoism and Buddhism.

The point of the message is that the "you" you take as yourself--that bundle of habits and predilections and preferences--don't exist.

There is no one fixed "you." There's only the you that you choose to be. Each decision is a choice to move towards a higher or lower state of existence, to embrace a state of mind that transcends emotions and animal instincts or rises above them to manifest the broader perspective of your higher self.

Think about it: when a thought comes into your head that you're hungry, must you act upon it? Do you have to go eat, or do you have the choice to simply ignore it and go about your business?

Of course you have that choice. And you have the same option to disregard any thought that comes into your head. Instead of blindly following old habits and instincts, you can reprogram yourself with new and better traits.

People always look up to religious icons like Jesus and Buddha and Lao Tzu, never bothering to realize that by acting as did these great individuals, they themselves can strive ceaselessly to reprogram their minds in the image of that greatness.

Religious leaders like this aren't icons to be venerated. They're blueprints to be followed.

"Who do you want to be?" is the choice we must all make, each and every day.

The tragedy is that so few of us elect to rise above our old selves, climb towards our true potential, and remake ourselves in the image of what we actually are.
edit on 17-1-2014 by therealguyfawkes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by almostrambo

Dreams are not dreams. Each and every one of us goes out of body / astral projects every night and we visit other dimensions according to our vibration. Our vibration is determined by our thoughts and mood.. eg. Negative angry thoughts or fear will lower our vibration and push us into lower dimensions..alternatively thoughts of pure joy will raise our vibration and elevate us to higher dimensions.

We live in a multiverse where infinite dimensions exist and consciousness is fractal, splintered over and over with many versions of self. In higher dimensions we can meet our higher selves, passed loved ones, E.T.s and benevolent entities that wish to help with spiritual development. (In these other world's and dimensions you can fly like superman etc. And it feels as normal as walking).

Drop into lower dimensions and that's where the nasties hang out..the ones that instill fear and get a kick out of scaring you.

The secret however is that, in these other dimensions, we are the most powerful things to ever exist. ..creating with pure thought. So the trick is to learn how to be awake in your dreams.

The message you received is a poignant one. We all have the power to be the person of our wildest dreams..if only we'd wake up in this reality, that we are not alone, and it is our destiny to join our family in the stars.

Visit Rich2150x on YouTube.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I want 2 B God.

I am.

I died a few years ago and this is my death.

I just can't figure out why I continue to torture myself.

Don't get me wrong, I'm generally happy but death sux.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Thanks to all the serious replies in this thread

As it's been some time since I had this dream I've been taking the message that I can literally be anything i want to be as long as I believe it is possible. I mean, if "me" told me that who I am isn't connected exactly to what I think I look like or what encompasses what I think of as myself, then maybe my reality can be as easily to bend and change as I believe it is. So that's where I've been using this dream since the first post.

If you ever talk to yourself, listen

top topics

join