It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debunking Sitchin Debunkers

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
is it also a myth that galileo was imprisoned during the inquisition for believing in heliocentrism? just checking the rest of the data i've been taught.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Hanslune

"and that no one knew at the time" is a misnomer, since I DIDN'T KNOW AT THE TIME!
holy mackerole.
edit on 25-7-2014 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   
this is like the freakin inquistion.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   
AN means "Heaven" , not lord.

ANshar is another word for heaven.

ANu is Ruler of Heaven (according to sumerian stories)

ANnunaki means "those who from Heaven came"

Yahweh is not enlil since enlil was not called The Alpha and The Omega, The First and The Last, The Creator of The Heavens and The Earth as Yahweh was.

Jesus Christ is not any of these gods either since Jesus Christ is The Light of Life itself who taught that to be a Child of The Most High God you must Love and Forgive others including your enemies and none of these other gods did that or claimed to be the Light of Life itself.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Sitchen is a fraud, no less so than say, Scientologists. Create a fantastical story based on flimsy evidence and call it proof.

Sorry, I don't buy the whole "he was inaccurate on purpose to throw people off the scent!" theory. How about instead.. he was just wrong. And making up fantastical stories to sell books and make $$$.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 01:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: undo

"and that no one knew at the time" is a misnomer, since I DIDN'T KNOW AT THE TIME!
holy mackerole.

lol, I'll take that as meaning you cannot think of single thing he came up with, which was his "ORIGINAL IDEA".

Try again perhaps? He must have done something right.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   

a reply to: Harte

not really. the biblical account and ancient egyptian accounts, not to mention ugaritic accounts, help to flesh it out, as do the accounts of what are called hebrew pseudopigraphical books (book of enoch, book of giants, etc). so we CAN know what they were referring to 3000 years later, because there is plenty of evidence for those accounts (if you don't count 300 ft. tall giants)

You mean we can pretend to know. The accounts you mention are all derivative, where they coincide with Babylonian myth at all (obviously, some parts are not Babylonian inspired, though you want them to be with your Enlil=Yahweh idea.)
On top of that, they are derivative of the later mythos of Babylon, not with Sumer.

Harte
edit on 7/26/2014 by Harte because: of the wonderful things he does!

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   

the article says:

The myth that the Church held back science dates from the “enlightenment” when Voltaire and other French philosophes invented it to attack the Catholics of their own day as impediments to political progress.

odd he said THAT^ right before he said it was bacon. so the philosophers convinced bacon that the church was impeding science, and this assumption was made because it was assumed the vatican translated the four corners of the earth passage to mean a flat earth, correct? i mean, i hear that all the time from bible skeptics.

No idea. I've never read what Bacon wrote about the flat Earth.
Given that the Church never believed in a flat Earth, if Bacon claims they did, then Bacon is practicing anti-Catholicism, just like Mr. Mask indicated.

Harte

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   

is it also a myth that galileo was imprisoned during the inquisition for believing in heliocentrism? just checking the rest of the data i've been taught.

Sort of a myth, but completely off topic.

Harte

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme

No, it doesn't.
Sumerian has words for "those," and "came."
Annunaki means offspring of An, loosely translated.

Yahweh is not enlil since enlil was not called The Alpha and The Omega, The First and The Last, The Creator of The Heavens and The Earth as Yahweh was.

Correct, but wrong reason.
Yahweh was the answer to the question "What is your name" and it translates as "I Am."
That's what it means, it doesn't correlate with any Sumerian god's name. No Sumerian god was called "I AM."

Harte

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   

You are correct, not only the Catholic Church, but many astronomers at the time disagreed with his theories. The word 'imprisoned' however sets a tone that belies the truth. He was actually placed under house arrest, and continued to live what by the standards of the day was a high level of comfort, receiving regular guests and continuing his work without challenge.

Don't take the word 'imprisoned' to mean he was left in a cell in chains to rot.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   

no, what it means is: i'm not going to sit here for the next 2 weeks and list off things for you to attack, while you try to find more ways to insult me, my intelligence, my reasoning ability, my understanding, my theories, and just about every other aspect you can criticize.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit
Sitchen is a fraud, no less so than say, Scientologists. Create a fantastical story based on flimsy evidence and call it proof.

Sorry, I don't buy the whole "he was inaccurate on purpose to throw people off the scent!" theory. How about instead.. he was just wrong. And making up fantastical stories to sell books and make $$$.

he was basing some of his theories on actual sumerian texts.
this is what gets me: people say there's no indication any of these ancient texts are referencing anything to do with extra-terrestrials, but i could write a 500 page book, just on references of entities coming down from the sky and going up into the sky. even ezekiel 1 in the old testament references a HOLE opening in the sky, and stuff exiting out of it and then flying back and forth across the sky so quickly, it's likened to the speed of a lightning flash.
edit on 26-7-2014 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   

well then how do you explain that the flood account is quite similar, including the instructions on how to build an ark, how to release a bird to see if dry land is present, how to sacrifice to enlil when they exit the boat, and the reference to where it lands (not ararat but a nearby mt, which makes me think the whole area came to be called by the name of ararat, later.)

enlil's excuse for condemning mankind with the flood was because they were too noisy in their lovemaking, which i theorized was slightly misinterpreted, and rather meant their inheritable dna (shared during lovemaking) was polluted (noisy, in the sense of noisome (noxious, harmful)), and this would coincide with other flood accounts such as the book of enoch, which says that some of the sons of god came down to the earth, impregnated human women, creating hybrids (giants) after which people began to get sick and die or were eaten as a food source by the hybrids - and their cries went up to heaven (this is a secondary reference to noise being associated with humans in the flood accounts). the biblical account just says the sons of god had children with human women who then gave birth to giants.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Jesus Christ is not any of these gods either since Jesus Christ is The Light of Life itself who taught that to be a Child of The Most High God you must Love and Forgive others including your enemies and none of these other gods did that or claimed to be the Light of Life itself.

because i am also a christian, i won't begrudge you your position. i will however say that the title alpha and omega, is also applicable to pharaoh. notice one of those is a shepherd's staff. my theory is, these are depicting the rod and staff of jehovah

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   

well then how do you explain that the flood account is quite similar, including the instructions on how to build an ark, how to release a bird to see if dry land is present, how to sacrifice to enlil when they exit the boat, and the reference to where it lands (not ararat but a nearby mt, which makes me think the whole area came to be called by the name of ararat, later.)

Like I said, it's derivative.

But, compare that with the creation of the first humans. Not similar at all.

Harte

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: undo

my theory is, these are depicting the rod and staff of jehovah

You are putting the cart before the horse. "Jehovah" came much much later in history than the ancient Egyptian was-scepter, or crook, and flail you show above. The scepter is 1st Dynasty, perhaps even pre-dynastic, as a symbol of power and dominion.

The two aren't connected, although often shown together, as above with Tutankhamun.

They are symbols of power in a culture obsessed with it. It started out as a symbol for a minor deity Andjety, then Osiris.

The Crook and Flail in Ancient Egypt

The symbolism of the two hardly seems befitting of the Hebrew concept of Yahweh, a much later invention.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

yes they ARE connected, in fact, i also have a theory that some of the biblical patriarchs were pharaohs and this fact was either removed from the text or never mentioned for political reasons.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: undo

The lands of the Biblical patriarchs according to Abraham were in ancient Syria and much more in tune with Canaan than Egypt. However, Abraham dwelled in both, after leaving Ur.

Scholars have a view of the Patriarchal texts that they are not historical, some of the references appear to have been added in, long after the time of Abraham.
edit on 26-7-2014 by Blackmarketeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

and here's the scene. look at all the chariots in the water

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23 >>

join