It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon & NSA officials say they want Snowden extrajudicially assassinated

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   

AliceBleachWhite

freakjive

The answer in the Obama era is: they can’t.

Just a correction here, but, all this hit squad nonsense started with the conspicuously convenient Patriot Act that just so happened to have been quite thoroughly already ready to go for some signing into law by over-eager lawmakers responding to the emotional pressure of, hmmmm, some certain big horrible event.

I wonder which President was in office then? hmmm?

Thing is, though, it's not about him, or the guy after him, or any other POTUS.
It's the whole machine that allowed it to happen to begin with.

I mean, it's not like USA is a motorcycle that's only driven/piloted by a single person.
There's an entire governing body.
The current POTUS inherited the powers signed off on and created by the previous.
The next POTUS, whoever he or she is, will use and abuse the same powers until such time as We The People lawfully take those powers so easily abused away.

This "hit squad" did not start with the Patriot act or Bush. It started many admins previous to this and has nothing to do with the Patriot act, Bush, or Obama. The "hit squad nonsense" is not in the hands of the President. Stop trying to bring Bush into EVERYTHING.. its getting old. Its not one man or one administration...and you should know this by now.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
If Snowdon truly is a whistle blower with the best interests of the American people at heart, why is the information being 'leaked' a tiny bit at a time? If I had a crap-load of information like he supposedly has, I'd dump the whole thing in as many places as possible, knowing my days were probably numbered.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Advantage

This "hit squad" did not start with the Patriot act or Bush. It started many admins previous to this and has nothing to do with the Patriot act, Bush, or Obama. The "hit squad nonsense" is not in the hands of the President. Stop trying to bring Bush into EVERYTHING.. its getting old. Its not one man or one administration...and you should know this by now.

and so, what you're saying and alluding to is pretty much what I was alluding to.

OP brought up the current POTUS in finger pointing.
I brought up another.

Take some deep breaths.
It'll be okay.

My point was to point out that the USA is not a one-man show.

Is that okay?

*sigh*

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I have begun to think so many things today Reek of Russian Vodka

Turn America inside out and let her own people destroy her from within I know this strategy is old one....

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by freakjive

I'm a right-winger, but to me, Snowden is an American hero.

Paramountly, he exposed just how far up our asses our own government spy agencies are, and how far they're willing to go to undermine our inalienable rights, given to us by the creator(or nature, if you prefer), not by them or by any man or government. The NSA/etal, have proven already that they have no respect for our individual rights as American citizens. We've suspected this for awhile, at least I have and I know others have, but Snowden exposed them once and for all as the traitorous bastards they are. THEY are the traitors. Snowden didn't violate our rights, the government alphabet agencies are the ones doing that. And Snowden isn't the one giving himself the power to kill American citizens without trial, another violation of our inalienable rights. Do you realize this post is probably being monitored by the NSA now because I've used the term "inalienable rights" numerous times? They don't like that term at all, as it means I'm an anti American gubmint zealot, in their perverted view of what it is that my rights are.

In the view of the government, our "rights" go only as far as the acceptance of the illusion of them by the masses. If we accept that our government is listening in on every private conversation, then we, as a nation, have collectively given up a big chunk of our right to privacy. If we accept that minions within our government may execute Americans at will without trial, then we all collectively give up any/all due process rights until such time as we deem the execution of Americans without trial to be something worth fighting against.

If we lose all these rights and accept the abbrogation of them by the government, then it's nobody's fault but ours. And if we as a population turn against those who expose the infringement of our rights by our own government, then we don't deserve any of those rights to begin with anymore.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by swanne

People are held in check mate by their governments all over the world.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I thought it was against the TOS to post a posting, or a thread that calls for the assassination of anyone.

So, if the Admins/Mods here on ATS allow this thread to stand, regardless of the fact that its been relegated to the so-called "'skunk-works," it definitely leaves the very distasteful impression that ATS implicitly, or otherwise, condones, or endorses conversations that encourage the assassination of 'whomever.'

This Snowden assassination thread just so happens to address the possibility of the extra-judicial murder of an American hero who many call a traitor, namely Edward Snowden, but when threads are posted that speak of the assassination of say - an American politician, or anyone of high stature in the US government, that post, or the entire thread, disappears immediately without explanation.

I'd like to know if, by ATS's allowing this thread to stay, is the membership experiencing a double standard here? Meaning that its OK to discuss murdering people (whistle-blowers) like Edward Snowden, but God forbid if anyone here were ever to mention assassinating someone who holds high office within the US government.

edit on 17-1-2014 by MellowMarvin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 03:25 AM
link   
I believe there are two sides to this.

On one side, Snowden did the right thing. Snowden should be commended for bringing to light the constitutional violations that the US government has committed. Snowden is 100% in the right for doing so. It's nothing short of true patriotism.

On the other side, Snowden screwed up. There's no excuse for him to have released the US government's spy actions towards other nations, friend or foe. I whole heartedly believe those actions are necessary. Further, if you believe that other governments aren't spying on the US, I'm willing to bet you're wrong.

Like others have said, when most of the intelligence community wants Snowden dead, it pretty much says it all.

However, you have to wonder if they want him dead for bringing to light the constitutional violations or letting loose with the foreign spying.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Of course! That's how they'd end this story without leaving any evidence. If the official story is that they've disposed of him, how would we ever know if he never actually existed to begin with? That's to say the person we know as Snowden could be an actor and every bit of this could be made up, for all we will ever know.

Just like Bin Laden. The Bin Laden story is now completely unfalsifiable.
edit on 20-1-2014 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   

MellowMarvin
I thought it was against the TOS to post a posting, or a thread that calls for the assassination of anyone.

The thread doesn't call for assassination. It's about government employees calling for it. If the thread was a discussion amongst members on the way to kill someone, that would be legally questionable. If it's about TLA employees calling for someone's head, that's news. IMHO.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join