It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon & NSA officials say they want Snowden extrajudicially assassinated

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   

President Obama claims the right to extrajudicially execute American citizens, keeps a so-called “kill list,” and has bragged he’s “really good at killing people.” This isn’t bluster. Obama has backed this up with action, having killed U.S. citizens — including a 16-year-old boy – without charging, much less convicting, any of them with a single crime.

All of this may sound theoretical, academic, or even fantastical, straight out of a dystopian sci-fi flick. But it isn’t. It is very real. After all, only a few months ago, the chairman of the U.S. House Intelligence Committee publicly offered to help extrajudicially assassinate NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden.

Pentagon & NSA officials say they want Snowden extrajudicially assassinated

In an article headlined “America’s Spies Want Edward Snowden Dead,” Buzzfeed’s Benny Johnson reports:

‘In a world where I would not be restricted from killing an American, I personally would go and kill him myself,’ a current NSA analyst told BuzzFeed. ‘A lot of people share this sentiment.’

‘I would love to put a bullet in his head,’ one Pentagon official, a former special forces officer, said bluntly…

‘His name is cursed every day over here,’ a defense contractor told BuzzFeed, speaking from an overseas Intelligence collections base. ‘Most everyone I talk to says he needs to be tried and hung, forget the trial and just hang him.’

One Army intelligence officer even offered BuzzFeed a chillingly detailed fantasy.

‘I think if we had the chance, we would end it very quickly,’ he said. ‘Just casually walking on the streets of Moscow, coming back from buying his groceries. Going back to his flat and he is casually poked by a passerby. He thinks nothing of it at the time starts to feel a little woozy and thinks it’s a parasite from the local water. He goes home very innocently and next thing you know he dies in the shower.’

Snowden’s Russian refugee document. Maxim Shemetov / Reuters

It all leads back to that same harrowing question: how can Americans who witness executive-branch crimes feel comfortable or even physically safe blowing the whistle on said crimes?

The answer in the Obama era is: they can’t.

What will happen if/when Snowden is assassinated? Nothing is what I presume. There will still be a lot of clamoring and denouncement alike on the internet and some media. But nothing more will come.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by freakjive

The Russians want to turn Snowden into a martyr.

What better way to destroy the national security than by creating a anti-american fifth column?

I'm not surprised that NSA want to kill Snowden, but I'm also not surprised to see Snowden being portrayed as a Messiah by all the left wing, pro-marxist newspapers on the planet.

EDIT: By the way I say that as a Canadian with no preference about the US's political spectrum - the spectrum is, to my eyes, part of the same kaleidoscope of colours.

edit on 17-1-2014 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Whistleblowers in ANY era have not been safe to come forward.
The NSA was operating with no regard to any law or political figure who might have been in power for decades. Anyone who thinks this is all on Obama hasn't looked into the origins or operations of our "spook agencies".

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
It's really too bad that so many of the ignorant masses think the guy is a criminal along with the MSM propaganda.

The guy may just possess the knowledge to actually implement positive change around the world, exposing many people in positions of influence as the low-life scum they actually are.

We can't allow that to happen now, can we?.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   

the owlbear
The NSA was operating with no regard to any law or political figure who might have been in power for decades. Anyone who thinks this is all on Obama hasn't looked into the origins or operations of our "spook agencies".

I agree/disagree - it's not just the NSA who acts like this, it's the whole of the World's agencies who acts like this. The question is, why is all our attention being focused on the US alone? What is it that we must not give our attention to?

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   

MyHappyDogShiner
The guy may just possess the knowledge to actually implement positive change around the world

He doesn't. The "leaks" he leaked were randomly picked, and the newspaper he leaked these documents to were no where near to being qualified at determining the veracity of such documents.

Forged documents are valuable weapons in the Information War - and such documents can sometime be so convincing that even governments themselves can't tell the difference.

The KGB was concerned that the FLQ's terrorist attacks could be linked to the Soviet Union. It designed a disinformation campaign and forged documents to portray the FLQ as a CIA false flag operation. A photocopy of the forged "CIA document" was "leaked" to the Montreal Star in September 1971. The operation was so successful that Canada's prime minister believed that the CIA had conducted operations in Canada.

source: en.wikipedia.org...

Welcome to the War of Information.

edit on 17-1-2014 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
If they wanted Snowden dead, he'd be dead. Period. Historically, international borders have meant very little to any nation who wants someone eliminated. This is just overhyped bluster intended to dissuade any potential future whistleblowers.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   

“In a world where I would not be restricted from killing an American, I personally would go and kill him myself,” a current NSA analyst told BuzzFeed. “A lot of people share this sentiment.”

Judging by the comments on the buzzfeed article I would beg to differ with this claim. It would be more aptly stated that a lot of douches at the NSA share this sentiment.

reply to post by ArchAngel_X

Of course they wont kill him because the damage has already been done and they know that if they kill him it will only make them look all that much more like psychopathic control freaks. But that wont stop them fantasizing about it.
edit on 17/1/2014 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   

I'm not sure how I feel about this. If all Snowden did was download and disseminate information about how the US snoops on its own population I'd be inclined to say ata boy. But the amount of material he took is far broader than that and details how we gather intel outside the US and if rumors are to be believed includes the names of all intelligence agents and assets throughout the globe.

That last part is what bothers me the most and is what is going to be responsible for his fate. Once that material is made public or it is believed a non friendly nation has its hands on it (like Russia and China already do) Snowdens days are numbered and I dont think that's necessarily a bad thing.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   

ChaoticOrder
Of course they wont kill him because the damage has already been done and they know that if they kill him it will only make them look all that much more like psychopathic control freaks.

But they already have that reputation amongst the people. Killing Snowden won't hurt much, really.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   

I'll bet anyone a shiny Amero that Snowden will not die by assassination.

Here's why.

"Dead Man Switch".

As long as Snowden is alive, the real juicy stuff the government wants kept quiet remains quiet.

If Snowden dies?

It all goes public.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by swanne

If you don't think it would hurt their image much then it would be my opinion that you really don't understand much about human nature and emotions.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Most likely its already in the hands of Russia and China. Once thats confirmed, Snowden is a dead man walking.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   

freakjive

The answer in the Obama era is: they can’t.

Just a correction here, but, all this hit squad nonsense started with the conspicuously convenient Patriot Act that just so happened to have been quite thoroughly already ready to go for some signing into law by over-eager lawmakers responding to the emotional pressure of, hmmmm, some certain big horrible event.

I wonder which President was in office then? hmmm?

Thing is, though, it's not about him, or the guy after him, or any other POTUS.
It's the whole machine that allowed it to happen to begin with.

I mean, it's not like USA is a motorcycle that's only driven/piloted by a single person.
There's an entire governing body.
The current POTUS inherited the powers signed off on and created by the previous.
The next POTUS, whoever he or she is, will use and abuse the same powers until such time as We The People lawfully take those powers so easily abused away.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   
All Snowden did was what any American should do.

Try to prevent violation of our constitutional rights,

And at a great personal cost.

The entirety of American history is filled with patriots like Snowden standing against what they view as wrong no matter the cost.

You could not find a more perfect example of the embodyment of American ideals, and our government wants him dead.

That should tell you all you need to know about the situation we find ourself in.

Eta:

"If a law is unjust a man is not only right to disobey it he is obligated to do so
"

Thomas Jefferson

It being legal doesn't make it just or moral.

edit on 17-1-2014 by benrl because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-1-2014 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   

benrl

Try to prevent violation of our constitutional rights

It seems pretty clear he went way beyond that.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   

SirMike

benrl

Try to prevent violation of our constitutional rights

It seems pretty clear he went way beyond that.

Nope he did just the right amount to shove it in the faces of those doing it and shame the nation for its actions.

In my opinion he didn't do enough, he should of released everything he had.

Gross violations of our rights should be met with equal levels of resistance.

Meaning it should hurt the party violating our rights, that what snowden did,

I only hope the rest of us aren't cowards and shrink from his sacrifice.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
He informed the entire American citizenry of massive criminal actions the government is taking against them every hour of every day in gross violation of guaranteed Constitutional protections. Shot in the head? How about somebody gives him a medal. The saddest thing is how many "Americans" in the NSA and other agencies who know what is going on and do and say nothing. Traitors, all of them.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
It sure seems to me as if our country is slowing being led, even pushed, into rioting against all of the injustices. As closely as everyone and everything is being monitored, I can't help but wonder if Snowden is all part of the game.
Information is leaked a tiny bit at a time; just enough to keep the population fired up. TPTB seem to be going out of their way to push the masses into revolting. All it would take would be a well- thought out false flag of some sort to put the military on their side, and enact Marshall Law.
One way or another, they WILL disarm the American people, and I believe Snowdon is playing a small part in that plan - knowingly, or unknowingly.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   

ChaoticOrder

“In a world where I would not be restricted from killing an American, I personally would go and kill him myself,” a current NSA analyst told BuzzFeed. “A lot of people share this sentiment.”

Judging by the comments on the buzzfeed article I would beg to differ with this claim. It would be more aptly stated that a lot of douches at the NSA share this sentiment.

Yeah but conservative estimates of douchery at NSA are nearly 75%.

Seriously though, it sounds like they've really thought about killing him and probably already looked at the tactical options. If Snowden is sitting on any vital information and he really is a crusader for truth, now would be the time to start talking. If he wants to be taken seriously that is.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join