It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Once Again Obama Claims Ignorance - this time of NSA Surveillance

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Are you kidding me? Like, I guess now these politicians have on gone to church and been saved...it's like someones been living under a rock for years now and just woke up to find our President doing something not right...or Bush was so on the right track too and it's the people they really care about. Hey! Bring me that rock...I need to go to sleep for about another few years and wake up when others have.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Aazadan
Obama lied, that's all there is to it.

Oh yeah. The whole time he was up there running his mouth all I could think was "My god how can anyone keep a straight face when they're telling so many obvious lies?"

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Geez , this President sure don't know Jack Shiet does he ? All Hail Barrack " Haven't Got A Freakin' Clue " Obama !

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 06:42 AM
link   
virtually anything of any importance uttered from 0bama's mouth is deceitful or a flat out bold face lie. This lop has set black people back decades. I pay no attention to this fool, none. I have the ability if I need to protect myself, as do almost every one of my neighbors. 2nd amendment should keep the liars and theives at bay.

I wonder if anybody Really Believes this president......... ever? The end of his presidency can't come soon enough. Hopefully a United States will remain once the jerk is gone, and we can rebuild ant toss all his crap.
If the government can be lawless, so can I. And with the immigration problems with ILLEGAL aliens, and the perks they are given, to hell with this government, I will contribute nothing and take all I can get.... Break the bastages at their own game. times 300,000,000 US citizens. Either we will take back our government, or see to it's dismanteling.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 06:57 AM
link   

beezzer
reply to post by Indigo5

I've worked for Uncle Sugar long enough to know that even before Obama came out today, NSA already had a work-around figured out with the Justice Department.

It is more than just the NSA. Pretty much all the alphabet agencies, their contractors and other governmental agencies have been collecting personal data for decades. Quite often, the individual gives it to them freely.

I've seen plenty of people prosecuted while in the military because of e-mails they had sent through the .mil system.

But all this data mining is going a bit to far IMO. I wonder how many times I have pinged the system while talking to one of my old Army buddies and we're telling war stories to each other. Lots of key words in those conversations.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   

BrianFlanders

Aazadan
Obama lied, that's all there is to it.

Oh yeah. The whole time he was up there running his mouth all I could think was "My god how can anyone keep a straight face when they're telling so many obvious lies?"

As a politician that is his job and most of the higher ups are very good at it. Those that tell the lies the people want to hear (even if it is quite obvious things won't work the way they tell it) get voted back in and can even mobilize the masses for whatever... illegal wars, mass murder, you name it.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   

beezzer
reply to post by Indigo5

I've worked for Uncle Sugar long enough to know that even before Obama came out today, NSA already had a work-around figured out with the Justice Department.

I'd go one step further to just plain say Obama came out now, for timing, because they DO have a workaround established and wouldn't have come out a day sooner. He's probably been checking like a nervous hen, waiting for an egg to drop.

Finally, they're "covered" somehow, he can run out and try to put out a raging forest fire with a dixie cup. Kinda fun to watch at times, huh? I imagine this is what Nixon may have looked like in another era to those who didn't know the ending yet.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I'm sure that you may be right. But I don't see Obama has the nervous type unless he gets caught on the spot, like when one of his telepromters goes belly up. He likes things scripted. He not a very fast thinker, he likes to mull things over first, and a second time, then run it by others and then think about it some more.

I'm pretty sure that he is pissed at those that told him, "Don't worry, we have it covered."

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Obama comes into office and tells the world how ashamed he is of how America has been treating the rest of the world and how he is going to put a stop to it, fundamentally change America into a nicer country.

Then when he finds out that the NSA is listening in on the worlds leaders in a covert manner he says he didn't know.

So which is it, is he an out and out lire or is he really that uninformed as the POTUS ? Either way the man seems to have no shame.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Snarl

Indigo5
What I want to know is what Snowden still has.

What Snowden has is nothing the Chinese and Russians don't/didn't already have. That's why the Russians have him and not the NSA.

What Snowden really has is a crappy life in a foreign country. What Snowden has is a 'broken trust' label that's never going away.

(A) He chose his course. I applaud him for the choice, but he knew the risk and consequences.

Snarl
What Snowden lost is a very important time in anyone's life. Consider his age ... his earning potential at this time of his life. He'll likely never be a rich man.

(B) WHAT???? He already has book and movie deals on the table...Everyone from HBO, to Sony to hell...EVERYONE ..is bidding for the rights to his story.
edit on 18-1-2014 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000

Indigo5

Wrabbit2000
reply to post by Indigo5

So far, I haven't heard of wide ranging replacements and removals of people in positions within US Intelligence and the NSA in particular.

Maybe I just pay attention to these issues more than most...a recovering news junkie..

NSA Spy Director Keith Alexander & Deputy to Step Down
www.heavy.com...
edit on 17-1-2014 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

Those folks weren't running these units directly and day to day. They aren't anywhere near close to enough to account for what has happened. It's the usual scapegoating and two-stepping, IMO.

The Director and his Deputy...the TOP guys...

The smaller players at the NSA don't get a press release.

Even if they did, there will always be plenty of room for the complaint you make.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

It is more than just the NSA. Pretty much all the alphabet agencies, their contractors and other governmental agencies have been collecting personal data for decades. Quite often, the individual gives it to them freely.

Yep like his voter database

If you voted this election season, President Obama almost certainly has a file on you. His vast campaign database includes information on voters’ magazine subscriptions, car registrations, housing values and hunting licenses, along with scores estimating how likely they were to cast ballots for his reelection.

Voter Database
www.propublica.org...

To the Obama care data hub:

money.cnn.com...

www.usatoday.com...

To the massive increases in the NSA spying.

Big Brother has only gotten bigger the past 6 years.

Obama's new slogan should be changed to 'Spies like US because were only 'looking out for you'.

At least God doesn't need government, and technology to become 'all knowing' like the emperor Obama.
edit on 18-1-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join