It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man gives change to homeless person, is handcuffed and held by police for an hour

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Good morning.

Here is another example of our Boys In Blue going the extra mile for the publics safety.

Greg Snider was in a Houston, Texas parking lot, on the phone making a business call. While in the lot, a homeless man approached his car and asked forchange. Snider gave him 75 cents and then drove off.

Seems like a nice thing to do. Let's go on and continue with our day. Oh wait.

When Snider pulled onto a nearby freeway, a police car pulled him to the side. He was dragged out of his car and handcuffed. So what was it that police insisted Mr. Snider had done? Give that homeless man drugs. Again, he didn’t. Snider only gave the man some money.

Snider agreed to let police search his cars for drugs, and they did so for an hour while Greg remained handcuffed. Aside from the damage police did to his car, Snider isn’t happy that the police were actually laughing about the mistake.

This guys day is ruined and the cops just laugh it off. I guess he got lucky, they could have beat him to a pulp.

The comments at this story are priceless. (One of the only reasons I read Yahoo! news). You guys read here often so you know these instances are not rare. The populus are wise to these thugs.

Sorry but for some reason I cant start a new thread in the Posse Comitatus Forum where I think this belongs.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   
you miss a link for the story

and you can add yourself to this thread www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by UFO1414

Sounds like those cops are getting paranoid and think everyone is dealing drugs in that area. I can see the cops pulling the guy over and asking questions but that action was a little excessive. Some cops get so carried away with things. There should be some disciplinary action taken against the officer in this case.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

I agree with that. Disciplinary action should be taken.

There is rarely any follow up to these stories to find out if any action is taken by the administration. I sincerely doubt it.
edit on 17-1-2014 by UFO1414 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by UFO1414

Texas, eh?
Maybe he should have given the homeless man a loaded gun with the change. I'm sure the police wouldn't have had their suspicions raised by that. Unless someone was black.

edit on 17-1-2014 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
"Dont feed the animals"

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

Which animals?. I'm surrounded by entities who claim some form of divinity by supposedly being created by an imaginary guy who lives in the sky.

I see no difference between any of these life forms that surround me, aside from some that don't obviously fight for their life when it is threatened.

I won't feed you, don't worry, go away.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Sounds like we might be missing part of this story, but assuming it happened even remotely like it is described, those guys were hugely out of line. Hopefully the story going viral will force the department to have some sort of disciplinary action there.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   

UFO1414

This guys day is ruined and the cops just laugh it off. I guess he got lucky, they could have beat him to a pulp.

Now i think about it, you are right, i mean one could have easily thought it was a prank because its so stupid.

Cops only protect the tax players, by punishing tax paying people who are generous to people who cant work and have nothing? Yeah that sounds down right insane.

new topics

top topics

join