It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mikaeel Kular - Why the huge media focus?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I'd like to preface this post by saying that many years ago my sister went missing for an afternoon. It was a harrowing experience for our family which I remember vividly. I hope that the boy is found safe and well and reunited with his family.

The question I'm posing is, why all the media attention and focus on this one missing person? BBC news article on sighting for Mikaeel Kular

If you check out the link below, you'll see there are a number of children that go missing in the UK with almost no media coverage.
Missing childern in the UK

So, why the focus on this one particular case? With some digging around and looking at a few other MSM news articles on the family I can't see anything reported that should make this case stand out over any others.

What aren't we being told?

Again I feel this is another attempt by the MSM to divert attention away from something else. A missing child is a hard thing to ignore and the genuine feelings that the family are going through would be enough to divert the attention of anyone looking at the media reports.

So, what do you guys think?

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by balrathamir

The child is 3 years old.
It gets pretty cold in Scotland at night, in January. The Scottish news are reporting on this in the hope somebody, somewhere has seen him and get him home safely.

It would be stranger if they didn't report on it, I would say.
Hopefully he's ok, and found as soon as possible.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   

A child going missing from his own bed is always big news, he's only three and not some teenage runaway.

Given the cold temperature time really is an issue too.

I like to say for the record, I think something is hinky about this and did from the second the story broke. Too many memories of things like Shannon Matthews and Tia Sharp to just think 'oh, he toddled off'.

How's a kid that age meant to open a locked door on his own? Hinky.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Please note, the average age of those missing kids was 15/ 16 on your link. I was living alone and supporting myself at 16. They aren't little kids, which is why no-one is panicking; except their parents obviously.

A little research showed the missing very young children on that site were parental abductions. Not news worthy.
edit on 17-1-2014 by Antigod because: expanding coment

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
They found a body in Fife. Police must think it's him as they said they no longer require help from the public. Also detained one person relating to the find.

There's a thread on it in NEW.

It's a sh*t sandwich without the bread.

Here is the thread to save you the search. It links to the bbc story.

And, looks like the mom is the one detained. Yup. One STEAMING sh*t sandwich sans bread.

edit on 17/1/14 by 35Foxtrot because: (no reason given)

edit on 17/1/14 by 35Foxtrot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by 35Foxtrot

As soon as I heard the story I thought it sounded like BS, and told my spouse that the mum had done something to him. Looks like I'm right.

I kid wandering around solo at that time, that young, would have been noticed in minutes by locals. And how'd he get outside? Family member, obviously.

new topics

top topics

join