It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian School Used Electric Chair on Children and Made Them Eat Vomit

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Today I present another stain on Canada's notorious reputation for its treatment of aboriginal children. We have committed genocide on our Natives for centuries and evil doings continue to be uncovered. I love my country but am ashamed of the things our country has allowed to happen. I blame the Vatican, the British Monarchy, and general lack of morality on behalf of the people involved which are mostly Canadians.

For the past year and a half, lawyer Fay Brunning has been fighting to get the federal government to hand over documents about the St. Anne’s residential school.

It’s a school that the Truth and Reconciliation Commission and a judge described as having the worst cases of abuse out of any residential school in Canada. Brunning, who represents survivors, says the they were taken away from their parents at age five or six for 10 months a year. They were forced to eat vomit, subjected to sexual and physical abuse and put in an electric chair.

“The little ones first,” recalls Edmund Metatawabin to the Wawatay News in July. “And I was, I think, about number seven or eight, meaning I was one of the smaller ones.”

The children sat on a wooden seat with their arms strapped to a metal chair. A Brother held a wooden box with a crank ready to send the electric charge.

“Your feet is flying around in front of you, and that was funny for the missionaries,” Metatawabin says. “So all you hear is that jolt of electricity and your reaction, and laughter (of the Catholic school administrators) at the same time. We all took turns sitting on it.”

An Ontario judge recently ruled the federal government must turn over the documents, meaning adjudicators in the future will have the documents when making decisions in compensation claims under the Indian Residential Schools Settlement Act. Survivors will no longer have to prove the level of abuse in each case.

knlive.ctvnews.ca...

It infuriates me that our government would even consider holding back these documents and that a judge had to order them to be turned over. Our current administration is not responsible for these crimes, and has made attempts to "make things right" by issuing public apologies which I can appreciate even though I do not believe Prime Minister Harper and his stooges to be sincere.

I believe that all these public "apologies" were given due to international pressure for Canada to acknowledge our past which includes horrific treatment of our aboriginals. This article is about one school but it happened from coast to coast. I have lived all over this large country and everywhere I go I hear first hand accounts of these abuses.

This stuff is as bad as it gets...

Interview A With Residential School Survivor

People may ask why I blame the Vatican and the British Monarchy for these crimes so I will elaborate...

The Vatican and the British Monarchy had to be aware of this epidemic....but nothing was done and it continued to happen. People may say "they can't be held accountable for everything that happens" but at the end of the day they are the ringleaders who sent these people here to commit these crimes...guilt by association definitely applies here in my opinion.

Sadly, crimes against humanity continue to happen against people worldwide in the name of religion, and liberation...

Beam me up Scotty...take me somewhere that this crap never happened (if such a place exists).
edit on 1/17/2014 by Corruption Exposed because: Added Video

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I was just made aware of this situation through a very well made documentary on netflix. The documentary is called We Were Children.

Just goes I show how much this issue was covered up.

My fiancé has her aboriginal papers. Fortunately none of her immediate family had to endure the schools.

It is most definitely the cause of the "poor behaviour" reputation that the aboriginals get here in canada.
edit on 17/1/14 by Ghost147 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghost147

I am glad to hear that your fiancé and her family did not have to endure any of this as it was very prominent and difficult to escape for many communities.

It is most definitely the cause of the "poor behaviour" reputation that the aboriginals get here in canada.

I agree that this is a major part of the poor behavior and reputation that our aboriginals have been accused of. That being said, another reason for this reputation is the crooked tribal chiefs who steal the money that is awarded to their tribe.

Regrettably many people use the corrupt chiefs as an excuse to blast all aboriginals but centuries of mistreatment will take its toll on people. It is an endless cycle of drug use, alcoholism and physical/sexual abuse. I wish people had more sympathy for what these people and their families have endured over the years.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Thanks, I am glad to see there are still people out there(and here) trying to shine light on these things. Personally, I had to cease digging into it, it just bothered me far too much to see what people did to us. It sounds like stuff that would take place in the dark ages.....

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Religious nuts doing nutty things surely not!!!!

I couldn't believe what i was reading was real, i mean, how messed up do you have to be to torture kids?

Stunned, thanks for posting, there are simply no words to describe the horrible things those poor kids went through while their *presumably religious and trusting* parents thought they were getting a good education.

Just, wow.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Reading/hearing about these things bothers me as well but in my opinion the people who suffered these abuses deserve the respect to have these things exposed in the hopes that it may stop it from happening in the future.

Sadly humanity has a nasty habit of not learning from our previous mistakes.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Why is it as soon as I read the title I KNEW catholics were involved?

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

I know, very shocking isn't it?

This is very hard to say, but I must admit that I have been desensitized to these stories as they no longer surprise me since I have heard so many different stories just like this one...from mass graves to mass child torture in all it's forms...physically, sexually, and emotionally.

Lack of surprise put aside, these stories still disgust me.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

Normally I try not to put down anyone's religion, but in my opinion Catholicism is very evil at its core. I believe that they have hijacked the teachings of Christ and used them as a political tool to put fear in the people in order to help control them.

I was baptised as a Catholic at a very young age and denounce it with all my might. I am not even Christian, or follow any religion for that matter.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Corruption Exposed
reply to post by crazyewok

Normally I try not to put down anyone's religion, but in my opinion Catholicism is very evil at its core. I believe that they have hijacked the teachings of Christ and used them as a political tool to put fear in the people in order to help control them.

I was baptised as a Catholic at a very young age and denounce it with all my might. I am not even Christian, or follow any religion for that matter.

I agree with you there. The Vatican from its very start has been a source of pure evil and explotation and control.

Im a Chritisan and I view Catholicism as apostasium. If the pope says something then I do the opposite lol
edit on 17-1-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
The truth behind the growing scandal involving the residential school system in Canada will soon come to the awareness of the entire world. The little dribs and drabs which have come out over the past couple of decades are about to become a flood of information that will shock this nation to its core. No longer will this world see Canada as nice or polite.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
This is so hard to read, it's so depressing.
I despair for the human race.

However, Canada, and in fact the whole world needs to hear and see this.
edit on 17-1-2014 by b14warrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

As a man whom is religious I can only say that it is as though many of the religious orders of the catholic church, the anglican and several other church organisations as well, had been taken over by peodophiles and other devients with the sole intention of using the orders for there own pleasur and deparvity, Brave torturing defenceless little children where they not, I can only say that I believe whole heartedly that these men and woman and those in there church heirarchy and authority whom sheltered them will if there is a true hell be consigned there for all eternity as they are the one none of us want around.

Missionarys, Well these men where not missionarys of God, go to some god awful place full of suffering, disease and poverty and the ones trying to help the people regardless of there religious persuasion are the missionary's of God, go to some country where showing your faith will get you killed and do so, these are missionarys and martyr's but these child abusing sodomising perverted sado masachists and there female equivelents amongst the Magdellain laundrys are most certainly not missionary's and I dare say they are not even christian's.

edit on 17-1-2014 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   

crazyewok
Why is it as soon as I read the title I KNEW catholics were involved?

Ditto

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Every nation has a few skeletons in their closet, and Canada's treatment of it's aboriginal populations in the first half of the 20th century is one that won't go away quietly. What I find just as shocking as the widespread and systematic abuse itself is the way it seemed to be known and tolerated by the associated levels of government involved at the time; they just sort of turned a blind eye to what was going on.

Sickening. And disappointing coming from a nation - my nation - that is extolled as a global bastion of peacekeeping and multiculturalism. I sincerely hope we can atone for our past transgressions and learn from our mistakes.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ArchAngel_X

The residential school system was promoted by the various Canadian Governments as a way to break up family and tribal unity. The religious orders were used because they were most willing to convert the natives to European culture.

It was forced assimilation. Children all across this land were rounded up by the RCMP as soon as they were old enough to go to the schools, often never to return again. Some parents took to the woods with their children in order to escape that fate, but they were few and the old ways of surviving cold winters had been lost to them. To escape meant almost certain starvation and death for any who tried.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
My grandma just passed away last week. She went to a residential school and lived on a reservation her whole life. I was going to meet her for the first time this spring. I was really looking forward to spending a few days just listening to her stories.

This sort of stuff is more relevant than ever. The last generation of Elders are dying off. Within my lifetime there will be very few, or even none left. Don't leave 'til tomorrow what you can do today. These aren't stories from some bygone era. The people that lived through this stuff are still alive, awaiting justice and closure.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
It wasn't just Canada; America is also guilty of unspeakable crimes against its' indigenous people.

Kind of puts the Holocaust in a whole new perspective, doesn't it?

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by nugget1

Generally speaking, Canada's genocide is a lot more recent though. I believe it was the early 90's when the last of these craphole "schools" were shutdown. Not that the US natives don't still have their own ongoing troubles as well though. I can't think of a single "conquest country" that has a good track record. From Australia to Canada, all have done some pretty crappy things.....
edit on Fri, 17 Jan 2014 16:34:23 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by LeviWardrobe

I am sorry to hear about your grandma's passing, I really wish you would have had the chance to see her. Hopefully those who suffered these crimes will get the justice and closure they deserve.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join