It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They come here and take our jobs...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by taoistguy

Unfortunately they often dont have very good means of support or family to help out. so will take the lower paid jobs.

If you are a real patriot you take a job for minimum, pay your tax and love being British.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
oh god how horrible
I hope they aren't... (gasp) poor!

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   

boymonkey74
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

The city of York did it years ago

Still legal to shoot welshmen from the ramparts with a bow and arrow.
haha Same here in Chester!

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
LOLOL

I read the OP and the ops next 3-4 posts and LOL'd hard.

Great satire OP

Well done

edit on 17/1/14 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
others like us who fought in the war??? listen, we have a cenotaph for people who fought in the war - all local people! (except that one from Carnforth whose name i scratched out.) i'm proud to be from my city and will defe\nd it to my death. it's the only solution. we call people from preston presties lol. no, people should stick where they belong or we will send them back. it's the final solution. proud of my city like it says on me t shirt and tats.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

taoistguy
others like us who fought in the war??? listen, we have a cenotaph for people who fought in the war - all local people! (except that one from Carnforth whose name i scratched out.)

This has to be a joke right?

You might want to clear that up as defaceing a war memorial is a very serious crime.

edit on 17-1-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

that's just what the judge said, but he was from chepstow. my mate said it was the right thing to do tho.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   

*Jerbs

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   

taoistguy

that's just what the judge said, but he was from chepstow. my mate said it was the right thing to do tho.

LOL.

I keep popping in here looking for some chuckles.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   

taoistguy
others like us who fought in the war??? listen, we have a cenotaph for people who fought in the war - all local people! (except that one from Carnforth whose name i scratched out.) i'm proud to be from my city and will defe\nd it to my death. it's the only solution. we call people from preston presties lol. no, people should stick where they belong or we will send them back. it's the final solution. proud of my city like it says on me t shirt and tats.

Didnt hitler say something about a final solution? Hatein' cuz their brown huh?

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
OP...I can't tell if you're serious, or joking? (It's not because I don't understand British humour...my parents were both from Yorkshire).

If you're being serious....?
I'm reminded of conversations with people in the past, who see others living in poverty...with no job options...and they say, "Well why don't they just leave? Move somewhere else, where there are better opportunities?"
But when they DO relocate to better their circumstances...the 'locals' will whine about 'us' vs 'them'?

I hope you're just kidding.
jacygirl

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jacygirl

Please tell me how your parents escaped Yorkshire...I have been trying for years but the locals are watching me and entice me with their pies....Did they escape by owl? or did they escape by tunnelling?.

(Oh and it is satire).

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Good, lol...I'm cool with satire!

How did they escape? They flipped a coin, either Canada or Australia.
Canada won...so I'm a Canadian, eh?
I could entice you with a nice bacon pie perhaps?

jacygirl

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jacygirl

All joking apart my 5 year plan ends with me living in Canada...I want to move there so much

But knowing you have Bacon pie for me I will pack me bags now

edit on 17-1-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Yes, come to Canada....I will meet you at the airport, pie in hand!

Seriously, (lol)....any idea which part of Canada you would like to come to?
jacygirl

Sorry OP, back to the theme of your thread....Nooooo....don't you dare come here and take our bacon pies....!!!! (is that better?)

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   

jacygirl

jacygirl

Sorry OP, back to the theme of your thread....Nooooo....don't you dare come here and take our bacon pies....!!!! (is that better?)

I swear, I have met gobs of canadians in my life. My former company had 4 locations up there, and we worked very closely with them.

You guys have the market cornered on blond hotness. Of the 5 women that worked in my department up there, all 5 were gorgeous blonds. What REALLY pisses me off is that your guys tend to be so darned smart, too. Hard to compete with that.

You just better keep your bacon pie eating Canadians north of the border. Or ill have to round up the crew. Except your blond ladyfolk. We'll let them in.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan

jacygirl

jacygirl

I swear, I have met gobs of canadians in my life. My former company had 4 locations up there, and we worked very closely with them.

You guys have the market cornered on blond hotness. Of the 5 women that worked in my department up there, all 5 were gorgeous blonds. What REALLY pisses me off is that your guys tend to be so darned smart, too. Hard to compete with that.

You just better keep your bacon pie eating Canadians north of the border. Or ill have to round up the crew. Except your blond ladyfolk. We'll let them in.

hahaha....YES! Us hot Canadian blondes always travel in gobs!!
By the way, I went to Texas a few years ago to visit a friend...and everyone there told me I talked funny! But it's ok...as a smart blonde I knew it was Y'ALL that talked funny!!
jacygirl

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
God... I was on a bus the other day and someone from Cornwall came and sat in front of me, we call them Cornies round here, or Nishers, and they were eating a Pasty in front of me... It ****ing stunk... and what the hell is that anyway? It's not even real food!!

God they talk funny too, can't they learn the language? Integration man!!

Local food for local people, there's nothing for you here!!

That's my philosophy.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Don't even get me started on the Mexicans. Why do they have to refry their beans? Can't they cook them right the first time?

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by taoistguy

The status quo changes no matter if youre in the UK, America or wherever. IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN like that. Its what happens to society.

People have always gone where the work is, bringing their dialects, foods, customs or whatever...with them.

Hey? Why arent YOU going where the work is yourself? Or are you already employed where you live? If you were...you wouldnt be making this thread.

No offense, its your thread, and Im just sayin'...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join