It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$1.6 million settlement for man forced by cops to have enemas, colonoscopy.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   
$1.6 million settlement for man forced by cops to have enemas, colonoscopy.

A New Mexico man has settled with local authorities for $1.6 million after claiming police forced him to undergo "multiple digital penetrations and three enemas" on an invalid warrant and without finding any of the illicit drugs they were looking for.

All we can do is hope that this will serve as a deterrent to the other sociopathic police departments nationwide.

The "funny" thing is, I did not hear about this specific case.

I was aware of the psycopaths who violated this woman and PARALYZED this man.

Just how common is this?

America, how far we've fallen...

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Great he got paid for his terrible treatment.............now when will justice be served on the perpetrators?

I mean at least 7 years seems reasonable to me.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by oblvion

Yah really. How much of a punishment is it when the actual perpetrators wont have to part with a dime.

People have to start suing the police in civil court and it can work.

Just recently, this sociopathic cop was ordered to personally pay $250,000 of a $500,000 award.

A jury awarded a man a half-million dollars this week after finding that Atlantic City police Officer Sterling Wheaten used excessive force in a 2008 arrest and that the city did not properly train him.

Wheaten faces additional civil lawsuits, including one stemming from a K-9 apprehension caught on video this summer.

Wheaten must pay half of the award, or $250,000 in compensatory damages. The jury found he did not owe punitive damages, which are assessed to punish a defendant.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Is this the same guy who was suspected of carrying drugs up his ass because he was "walking funny"? I read about that a couple of weeks ago and could not believe what I was reading. It's good to see that all his suffering paid off in the end. I'm surprised to see he got so much actually, I was expecting them to screw him over right up until the end.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Yes, the sad thing here, as you pointed out in a subsequent post, is that it appears as though they personally don't have to shell out anything, the taxpayers do. :/

Until they get hit personally—and and personally held responsible—i doubt much will change. Unless of course there is a tidal wave of suits across multiple departments that end with the department being held responsible. That might influence change.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   

first story

Now, will this guy be smart enough to move out of the country or will he play the game with the LEO to the deadly end?

And let me tell you, you don't want to go searching the posse forum one by one for anything, tour of hell !
edit on 17-1-2014 by donlashway because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Its good this man got something out of his bad experience, why would be the reason for this criminal behavior or malpractices in cops these days? too few cops, bad paid job, bad education?

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Sounds like a civil suit isn't what he deserved...he deserved that plus rape charges and a long rough prison stint. Wonder how the boys on the inside would treat him lol...yep that's what he deserves. If I was that man I'd be down at the DA's office pressing those very charges demanding he be brought in!

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   

oblvion

...now when will justice be served on the perpetrators? I mean at least 7 years seems reasonable to me.

That's their power over us. We have to wait and see. Pathetic that the story completely omits any evidence of such pursuit of Justice.

FTR, I think $1.6M was a 'freebie' where the system is concerned ... and it sets poor precedence. The guy's dignity, as a human being, was stripped from him without justification. The 'State' should have recognized this in punishing itself.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Our Client, David Eckert, has released a statement in light of KOB 4 On Your Side Investigation's report on the settlement with Hidalgo County and the City of Deming. Mr. Eckert's statement is as follows: “I feel grateful to live in the United States. Bad things may happen, but in America there is a way to get justice. I feel that I got some justice as I think the settlement shows they were wrong to do what they did to me. I truly hope that no one will be treated like this ever again. I felt very helpless and alone on that night. The comments I have read on news stories from people have made me feel much better and not so alone. My family and I hope that people understand that I don’t want my face to be linked with jokes related to anal probing. For this reason I asked my attorneys to issue this statement in the hopes that the media will respect my privacy and the privacy of my family.” -David Eckert

Statement victim posted on his lawyers FB page
FB

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Indigent

Its good this man got something out of his bad experience, why would be the reason for this criminal behavior or malpractices in cops these days? too few cops, bad paid job, bad education?

I would say some people who crave power and control of others are attracted to these occupations.

These ones must be weeded out, they serve no good purpose other than their own egos.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Who paid the 1.6 mil?
Was it the cops? No!
It will be paid by innocent tax payers.

Each cop involved in this case should be sent to prison, then they'd find out what its like to be probed!

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Topic and update already here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   

$1.6 million?
He should of gotten $50 mil.

That amount is not punitive enough.

new topics

top topics