It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do so many assume that gays are sexual offenders?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 05:12 AM
link   
There have been so many threads on these boards where people assume that just because someone is gay, they are automatically going to molest little boys. Why is that, when there is overwhelmingly more evidence of 'heterosexuals' committing sex crimes against children, proportionally?

Do the people that assume that gays are child molesters also assume that child molesters are gay? Take for example Catholic priests; because they molested young boys, does that automatically qualify them for being gay, or can we just go ahead and assume that because they molested boys they are gay, even though they would deny it?

So with the overwhelming amount of sex crimes committed against juvenile boys being committed by heterosexual males, rather than homosexual males, can we assume that someone is lying? Can we also assume that since one is gay, that they are automatically criminals, and will seek young boys as objects of their criminality by default?

Uh, no. What a bunch of ignorant fools we have on these boards.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Maybe i missed the threads that you mention.
I have never seen anyone make that assumption on here. I could be wrong though.

I don't assume gays are sex offenders. Those type of people come from all walks of life.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 07:32 AM
link   
So many threads? Can you provide a link to a couple, as I have no idea what you are talking about.

But one could argue that one type of deviant behavior could lead to another.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Yeah, where are the threads?

That doesn't make any sense at all. That's like saying that if you're a heterosexual male, that you will probably end up molesting little girls.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace
Yeah, where are the threads?

That doesn't make any sense at all. That's like saying that if you're a heterosexual male, that you will probably end up molesting little girls.

What is it about heterosexuality that is deviant?

[edit on 21-11-2004 by Carseller4]

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 11:49 AM
link   
The definition of homosexuality as being deviant is also subjective.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I know where you are coming from Deltachaos. Although not here in ATS, I have noticed in the newpapers that many people assume that gays are sex offenders.
Why ? I can't understand it, unless its because of a lack of education.
Pedophiles come from all walks of life, gay and straight. I know gays who would cheerfully strangle any pedophile they came across. They despise anyone who would harm a child. I also know straights who feel the exact same way.
It's just stupid to assume that just because someone is of a different sexual orientation, they are naturally a sex offender. Utter garbage !

[Edited on 21-11-2004 by Ravenna]

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Bikereddie said just about verbatim what I would have said.

Also, child molestation isn't just about boys. Are heterosexual men to be painted with the same brush for some reason?

new topics

top topics

join