It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could a dramatic boost to the immune system caused by underlying problems?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 04:31 AM
link   
I was wondering if another ailment could cause the immune system to go on "red alert" status 24/7 and dramatically boost its potency??

This by far the longest time I went without getting sick. It came all of a sudden despite the extreme weather changes I have faced and unsanitary conditions. I don't take any medicines. I simply stopped getting sick since August of 2012. I couldn't catch flu, cough, and colds no matter if I expose myself to sick people, eat with the spoons they used without washing...

It's been quite unprecedented my entire life.

Could cancer do this? Perhaps, a problem with the blood? There has been no perceivable side effects so I'm worried it could be cancer because some cancer types don't show symptoms until it's too late.
edit on 17-1-2014 by ahnggk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I dont think so, if you get a flu it can mess you and perhaps get an auto immune, but i dont think cancer or other thing prevents flu...

edit on 17-1-2014 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Happiness can boost the immune system and depression can leave it vulnerable. Perhaps you are more positive now, there is science behind mind over matter.
edit on 17-1-2014 by Parksie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Consider your whole body. The fitter you are the less damage you are likely to have with things like sprains and other muscle damage.

Your immune system can also get fit! We live in a society that wants every surface germ free. Our immune system has nothing much to do and becomes unfit. Your current life style makes your immune system work. The harder it works, the better it works. The more germs it is exposed to, the better off it is at fighting those and related germs.

Inoculations against killers is arguably a good thing although some would disagree. Inoculations against every damn thing leaves us extremely vulnerable. Your constant exposure is keeping you well.

P

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   
i just went through this actually, My regular doctor sent me to a cancer doctor cause my red blood cell count was really high. ie ur immune system. They thought I had early onset leukemia but when they took the original blood sample for my annual check up I was feeling fine but 2 days later i came down with the flu turns out my immune system kicked it into over drive prior to me having any symtoms cost me alot of money in test to find out i was fine. It also scared the crap outta me and my family and it was right before christmas nice gift for the family daddy may have cancer merry christmas

edit on 17-1-2014 by pez1975 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigent

I was thinking more in the line that you can't get sick immediately after you get healed of another disease.

I mean you can't get sick because your immune system is kept "alert" by the previous disease.

So I was thinking maybe I'm not getting sick because my immune system is made "alert" by another disease that apparently leaves no symptoms.

But I really appreciate it if you're trying to assure me that there's nothing to worry about.

edit on 17-1-2014 by ahnggk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Parksie
Happiness can boost the immune system and depression can leave it vulnerable. Perhaps you are more positive now, there is science behind mind over matter.
edit on 17-1-2014 by Parksie because: (no reason given)

Actually, I'm depressed. My self esteem is at an all time low in all my life. I don't have a partner in life.

What's happening to me right now is an enigma. It breaks the rules! I'm even looking more youthful! It doesn't make sense!

new topics

top topics

join