It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sun has gone to sleep...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

FFS! The world is truly effed when stupid people are confident and bold whereas thinkers are cautious and scared witless. I think that will be the case on the last day of homo sapiens. Which in fact, may be coming, so get in your gas hog and floor it.

News flash --science is a process and it's wrong a lot until it's right. That's the way it is. If you are looking for something that's never wrong, try your local church.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by GoldenBrain71

I have noticed that same phenomenon.

This place is way less stimulating than it was in the past.

Maybe I have, over time, become harder to stimulate.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Maybe putting all the CO2 into the atmosphere and global warming was all part of the plan to begin with?

So we add enough then start powering back during the next 50-100 during this solar minimum thus keeping us from freezing, but not enough to return back to normal as the sun heats back up.

Anyone but me wonder this?

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   

GoldenBrain71

dragonridr
reply to post by doorhandle

Well if there calling for a mini ice age guess we need to start making more CO2 right away. I hate cold weather with a passion guess im moving to the equator.

How is it possible you have so many stars with writing like this? Are you 12 years old? I hope you're just having an off moment!

I Just read the other posts, and it seems your kind of stupid is contagious. Bwaaaaahahahaha! Go back to school kids!

Can anybody say run-on sentence? Let's say it together…run-on sentence!

This website has plummeted into the abyss of stupidity...

If your golden brain took off it's ass hat, maybe it would recognize sarcasm better...

On topic - the sun is still warming our snow, it's awake enough....

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by InverseLookingGlass

News flash --science is a process and it's wrong a lot until it's right.

Can I ask what's this "News flash" all about? You're defending science
when I used the word nowhere in my post. Amigo
edit on 17-1-2014 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
We need more blood sacrifices. Women and children first, and when we run out...Then the animals...I mean all of them. The suns hungry.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Ive already stated what I believe it is.
The Earth is in a state of Atrial Fibrillation.
Heart=eartH
I wrote a blog here on ATS ( another one of my ignored threads)
When the illness is to do with the heart it involves the sinus node that regulates the beats per minute
whereas
when its to do with the earth the sinus node or SN = Sun.

when we are talking about influencing people SN=Sky News.
Search ATS
Atrial Fibrillation (AF)

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   

randyvs
reply to post by doorhandle

Colder ? Getting warmer, warmer, hot, hotter.
Nope freezing. getting warmer tho, warmer,
warmer. Nope colder and all the back to global
warming again. WTF do they even know anything ?

You do realize that the earth is billions of years old and that the way that it functions as a whole has developed over those billions of years as an integrated system? The earth is intensely complex in that regard and the expectation that scientists are going to know the answers to everything is really an injustice to them. Look at it this way, with the advent of computers, we've been able to basically do far more research and prediction models than we've ever been able to and in that, there can some level of estimation of the effects of a variety of variables. However, we've only had computing for less than a hundred years and those computers still rely on what we put into them as a variable. You know the old saying "garbage in, garbage out"? It could very well apply here in that scientists are not omniscient. There are always the distinct possibility of an unknown variable having an unknown effect. All of us human beings are limited in our knowledge and personally, I'd much rather have scientists saying that they don't know or even going out on a limb to suggest a possibility instead of ones that claim to know what is going to happen with absolute certainty.

We've neither had the technology or knowledge about our planet for a long enough period to be certain of what we know about it. I'd say that, as a species, we're all still learning as a collective.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

Alright, I wasn't bagg'n on science or scientists at all. I made the comment
in regards to the obvious pendulum swinging back and forth we hear all the
time. Nevermind, this is definitely Al Gore's fault.

edit on 17-1-2014 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Maybe leolady's child has predicted this event?
The Sun is Tired

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Just when you start to think that it could possibly get warmer in this god forsaken snow belt where I live, the sun decides to take a nap. What happened to the global warming they said we were going to get. I bought a lot of regular light bulbs just to speed up global warming so we could get some good weather here. The skiers and snowmobilers win again. It is the story of my life. Guess I have to tune up the old 72 Viking snowmobile and get a more aggressive track.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

lol, okay.
I think Gore made a definite mistake in sticking his neck out with far too many definitive statements but at the time, his statements were kind of the current thinking at the time from what I could tell as a former science major. I even have a textbook from the 90's that talks about runaway greenhouse effects, lol.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
The sun goes through cycles, many many, this minimum is nothing really to be worried about. If something was truly wrong, the last few solar cycles would probably not really have been cycles, the sun would do a bumpy gradual rise in activity. While sunspot records do show a gradual rise in surface activity. Historical records do suggest that there have been many minima in the past, and the world evidently didnt end.

Thanks for all the stereotypical "scientists... what do they know!" it really helps... generally none scientists don't get further than... oooooh the sun is a bright thing in the sky... so please keep your ignorance to yourself

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   

gardener
My most 2nd most recent horrific nightmare was of a blast of light where everthing glowed for a moment then was vaporized, myself include.

I thought it was a fear of a nuclear blast, but who know...

is there any chance of the sun dying? It's not over til the fat lady sings

Our sun should be incapable of supernova. It isn't big enough with enough mass to create iron in its core which is what causes a supernova explosion. Instead, it will expand into a red giant before collapsing down.

That doesn't rule out some kind of giant flare or something.

It also doesn't rule out a supernova blast from one of our nearer supermassive neighbors that catches us in a still lethal blast.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

It's the same thing that happened to the runaway impending ice age that all the rage in the '70s. Seriously, and the funniest thing is that some of the same scientists who were sure we were at the tipping point for a new Ice Age then jumped on the band wagon for runaway Global Warming not so many years later.

Follow the money trails and you'll find out why.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Global temperature has been dropping. Except for areas heavily chemtrailed to disperse clouds like California in order to keep the global warming tax alive. Now they call it the vortex areas, these global warming alarmists never ceased to amaze me.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Solar Maximum is the phase we were in as we are every 11 years-ish, after that is the solar minimum where activity is down.
could this be the case?

Although not more than a week ago I did have a strange dream that the sun went more orangey and I was waiting as everyone else was for the effect to kill us all...... but its just a dream and don't think that our dreams would be able to ever predict this or anything.

we are still young in this solar system and have a lot to learn.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

I believe that we should have been paying more attention to what we were doing to the environment all along. It is wise not to bite the hand that feeds you or to put the hand in shackles. It is the unnatural and concentrated chemistry we are dumping into the environment that poses the most threat. This can include CO2 but CO2 is just a small part of it. Killing off the food chain is the worst part. If the oceans were not compromised they could easily feed humans. We can't keep fishing an area till everything is gone either. This is because we tend to waste things so much, throwing out what we have been conditioned not to desire. Society is what is destroying the world, not the businesses. They just provide us with what we want....and people want to pay little for what they need so they can buy the toys they desire.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

That I can't disagree on.

Concentrating on CO2 is like concentrating on the least of the bad actors, and it isn't even really a bad actor. Plants can't survive without it, and historically, we are at the low end for CO2 concentrations in our atmosphere.

There are worse greenhouse gases to worry about, but they don't have the convenient factor of being so intimately tied to every single human being on the planet thus providing such a neat potential mechanism for control.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join