It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tiger Blamed for 7 Deaths in India

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   
m.aljazeera.com...

The hunt is on for a tigress thought to have killed seven people in India. Stories like these always make me feel bad for the animal. Mind you I am truly sorry for the victims but these attacks are to be expected as their environments are getting smaller and smaller.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by catfishjoe

most cases they will be tranquilized and sent to a reserve ...Tiger populations have increased in last 3 years due to "shoot at sight" orders given at forest reserves when it comes to poachers...
edit on 16-1-2014 by maddy21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Something is wrong with the world if tigers don't kill anything.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   

maddy21

most cases they will be tranquilized and sent to a reserve ...Tiger populations have increased in last 3 years due to "shoot at sight" orders given at forest reserves when it comes to poachers...

The article states that a member of parliament doesn't want it killed. Its just a hungry kitty.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   

The big cat has got to be one of the most fierce land predators on the planet. The pure power and speed these animals have is frightening.

Who's the real hunter here?

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   

last year a leopard attacked and killed a few people...same story... it was tranquilized and sent to a reserve .. Tiger populations has increased by around 20-30% from 2001 senses

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

i hope the lion is safe

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I'd read the story but it ame from the "Let's saw an other human beings head off with a rusty butter knife channel". DId the tiger kill all 7 organ warmers at the same time? that would be awesome, but even if the tiger did the organ warmers one at a time, still awesome. now shoot the tiger and move along. tigers are already extinct. FACT !

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   
It's kind of messed up, if you think about it...a tigress does what tigers do and seven people die. The response is drama and upset and an all out hunt.

Yet women are routinely raped in India, just recently a Danish teen and a German aid worker...and it's business as usual.

I guess the U.S. is not alone in being subjected to sensationalism and hype of faux news while real problems continue.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Tigers have been eating Indian villagers since before the first village. Nothing I can think of is more deadly or more beautiful

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

How bad ass are you when you not only attack two men but jump at two men riding an elephant?
Dude thought swinging that stick was a good idea. He's lucky he only ended up with a nub.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   

He should of Knocked Off his Crazy Blonde Wife too..........

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   
This thread is similar to another thread I read a couple days ago about an elephant being put down for no good reason. A couple people were apparently annoying the animal by driving their car right behind it, taking pics, as it was walking along. Finally, the elephant turns around and charges them, turning their car upside down and rolling it around. The fools in the car weren't killed, just shaken up. But still, the elephant paid the ultimate price for the the idiocy of the gawkers. It just wasn't right.

The other thread about the elephant is here.

The following may not be directly related to the subject of this thread; it's part of my reply to the one mentioned above, but I'll repeat it here anyway:

This story reminded me of something I saw on TV a few years back. It was a documentary about an exotic wildlife hunting preserve, where the animals roamed freely as open targets for hunters who wanted to bag exotic/endangered trophys. It was sickening. One of the “events” in the video involved a guy packing a high powered rifle, with a couple other guys along to videotape the heroic event. In the distance appears a beautiful white bengal tiger walking along with no awareness of the “Big Game Hunter”, who was carefully, silently getting a bead on him/her. Then POP, and you can see the tiger has been shot, but not killed. It tries to hobble away from the danger, but is obviously hurt badly. Then a second later, another POP, and the tiger goes down. Next you see this psychotic SOB standing with one foot on the dead tiger, holding his rifle proudly for a well deserved photo op. What a man!!

To make a sick, stomach-turning situation even sicker, it turns out the brave hunter was a veterinarian! Go figure!!

IMO this guy is a cold blooded, calculating killer. I would love to hear the news someday that he was later mauled, and ripped to shreds, by a grizzly on one of his “Big Game” expeditions...

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Indians are Rapists
Muslims are terrorists
Chinese are copycats and have low quality products

Any other Western stereotypes of third world and developing countries am not aware of ? concentrate on your own social issues

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by maddy21

Those are absurd generalizations, yours, not mine.

Rape is a real social issue in India, not Tigers. I was merely commenting on the sensational, over-blown aspect of the story.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   

kosmicjack
reply to post by maddy21

Those are absurd generalizations, yours, not mine.

Rape is a real social issue in India, not Tigers. I was merely commenting on the sensational, over-blown aspect of the story.

Yes these are , am just watching your MSM and see people sprout the same BS in the forums...

Rape is a social issue everywhere , not only India ...just because the media one day decides to sensationalize and stereotype an entire community does not mean its true... Rapes in India is far less compared to American and European countries when you calculate it in Rapes per 1,00,000 people , India has more report rates of rapes than U.S and European countries, India has more conviction rates than America and European countries .There are 1.2 billion people obviously numbers are going to be high..

Have you seen BBC news ? Rapes in India are reported in front page while rapes in Britain itself is buried deep in the website , its all about sensationalism, views and clicks

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   

TheLieWeLive
reply to post by 727Sky

How bad ass are you when you not only attack two men but jump at two men riding an elephant?
Dude thought swinging that stick was a good idea. He's lucky he only ended up with a nub.

Yep the Bengal Tiger will take you in the water or out of a tree and when pissed has a way of zeroing in on a target and not stopping... Able to leap tall elephants in a single bound; a real super kitty.

The man eaters used to lay along the tracks/trails the humans walked to gather water and Boom they became tiger poo .. The tigers are not dumb and have perfected their predator skills with mommas instructive care and instinct... Awesome critters

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

Wow! What a beautiful creature. He surely is a badass to attack 2 men on an elephant!

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

They created a creature out of a lion and a tiger called Liger...nearly twice the size of the Bengal Tiger

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by maddy21

That Liger doesnt look healthy. His body is way too big for his scrawny legs. I am unsure of the purpose of this experimentation.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join