It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trigger is dead :(

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Roger Lloyd Pack died today aged 69 after losing his battle against Cancer
He will be best know for playing dim witted trigger in Only fools and horses.
I met him once in Bradford where he was doing the play Art, I was in a hotel lobby and he walked up to the main reception desk with just a towel around his waist asking where the sauna was, I shouted "Trigger!!" and he turned around and smiled and said "Thats me" I offered my hand but he said "Better not my towel may fall" and off he trotted.

Here is some funny bits.

Ignore the rubbish over the next one, just listen to it.

RIP dude.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Yeah, grew up with "Only Fools...", R.I.P. Roger Lloyd Pack.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Very sad and that is no age it seems it was pancreatic cancer. Edible seeds can (so I'm told) can help prevent the development of that condition. One of the most depressing things about ageing is that those who were part of your life experience shuffle of this mortal coil with a scary regularity. Best wishes to Roger LLoyd Pack and his friends and relatives, and grateful thanks for bringing laughs into my life.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   
The latest in an ever-growing number of classic comedy characters of British telly to quietly check out of the hotel, though immortalised on film. RIP.

I think we forget how old they are (I reckon it'll be one of the Monty Python team next...).

Sad, sad, sad.

Never mind - we've got another 30 or 40 years to enjoy the likes of Matthew Horne, Jack Whitehall, and James bloody Corden.

Kill me now...

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Tis a shame that he was outlived by his much storied broom.

Bloody tragic if you ask me. He was probably one of the most under used, under appreciated actors that has ever graced the stage or screen. Mind you, all things considered, when you factor in the amount of joy he spread around with his talent, it is perhaps a good thing that his suffering has ended.

Rest in Peace.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   
RIP Trigger
He always made me smile as did the whole cast of OFAHs. That clip of delboy falling at the bar will never die. Total class comedy act and he played the part brilliantly.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Loved his character and sad he died quite young.

I heard he felt he had been typecast by the success of Trigger and he regretted not being offered other roles. He immediately reminded me of another great actor - Harry H Corbet. He was also so typecast he found exactly the same as Trigger did.

So often actors of their calibre are virtually strangled by success in their professions. Apparently when Harry C was first playing Steptoe he was also a Shakespearian actor playing to great acclaim, but he could never get his career back after Steptoe. Perhaps its due to the brilliance of these characters that the public love them so much that once typecast in such successful roles some can never move on afterwards. I must admit when either bname is mentioned I only think of them in their roles of Trigger and Steptoe

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
He was an integral part of Only Fools and Horses and I don't think the show would have been as popular it was without his character.
That scene where Del falls through the open bar hatch is a classic and Triggers' reaction is just perfect!

And lets not forget 'Dave'

RIP Trigger

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   

This guy was funny as hell in Only Fools & Horses.. I love the fact that in the entire series he still called Rodney - Dave..

Makes me chuckle just thinking about it.

top topics

join