It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religious threads in non-religious forums

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   
There seems to be multiple instances of people creating religious threads and submitting them to non-religious forums as a way to circumvent the 'hiatus on the religion forums'.

Please stop doing this
And not just because we are not supposed to. Moderators move them to the appropriate forums and then members are no longer able to reply. So…. please just wait for the forums to be enabled. I think it will work out best for everyone that way.

Of course it's tomorrow they are supposedly being enabled so this post might not be very effectual.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Only found out about this today...I wondered why I was enjoying ATS a little more

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Dear Lucid Lunacy.

I agree. It seems like common sense or "manning up." We've been "punished" by losing Religion for a week, reasonable people would say "OK, I'll serve my time, then let me out of here."

There isn't anything so earth-shattering that it won't last for a week. It seems more like children who are playing a quick hand of "beat the system." But making a mess on ATS is like messing up your own home. The "children" should realize that they're making a mess in their own home and mine. If they do realize it, and are screwing things up intentionally, a lifetime ban seems appropriate,

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Haha stop minimodding

But seriously, putting a forum on hiatus isn't gonna stop people talking about their religions or beliefs(or lack therof), anymore than closing the 911 forum shut people up about that. Same with sandyhook, or any other topic people wish to censor really. It's really dumb to claim to be a forum dedicated to denying all ignorance, and then try to make any subjects taboo. But hey, that is just my opinion, and I am only a member

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Amen!

. . . . woops!

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

I agree. It seems like common sense or "manning up." We've been "punished" by losing Religion for a week, reasonable people would say "OK, I'll serve my time, then let me out of here."

Lol, and they'll be a few not so reasonable people screaming about religious freedoms.
This could get crazy

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Yeah, I've been enjoying a bit of a Sabbath holiday in the absence of my two favourite forums.

It's a little amusing to see threads sent to "No Man's Land" though. If I was a moderator, I'd probably move every problematic post to the "Conspiracies in Religion" forum, just to be rid of it for a while.

That's probably why I'm not a moderator, lol.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Poor ATS.

Damned if it does.
Damned if it doesn't.

“You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time.” ~ Abe Lincoln

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   
You do realise you don't have to view any threads you don't want.

You are like spoiled kids. Grow up boys. It's a little embarrassing hearing grown men complain about such trivial stuff.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   
If they are closing forums down then there must be a big failure in the wY mods handle this. I was told I should be culled due to my Christian belief on ats yet was ignored by the mods. Ats is just bickering kids these days it's like being back at school.

This thread is a perfect example. Nothing of value, and just childish "ohh look what they did"

you pathetic people.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I'm a spoiled embarrassing pathetic person. Okay

To be clear I am not advocating or being antagonistic to ATS's decision for this.

I was speaking from a user experience on behalf of fellow members. It is frustrating to me, and must be for others, to be participating in these threads only to be unable to because they are moved. If members were not trying to circumvent this temp ban they wouldn't need to move them. This was nothing more than a friendly request from a fellow member.

I suppose that makes me pathetic and whining about trivial matters to some. I don't see that.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Regardless of reasoning i am sick of the incorrectly placed threads preaching about religion in otherwise great categories.
IF NOONE IS LISTENING TO YOU PREACHING ON YOUR SOAP BOXES CHANCES ARE NOONE WILL LISTEN TO YOUR NONSENSE IN AN INCORRECTLY CATEGORIZED THREAD. .... wait my lights just flickered .... I REPENT!

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by thedudedoesnotabide

For fun....no one is two separate words...noone is, by my view, has become a religious view of grammatically incorrect posters and that include the use of all caps to make a point; which makes no point whatsoever...
Happy ATS hunting.

Also, I didn't realize that people were relegated to tidy little boxes.

Post Script
Why should it matter if you are going to claim that "regardless of reason"...isn't that the claim levied at the religious? That they are disregarding reason, yet you have shown you are equally willing to disregard reason on your own behest?
edit on 17-1-2014 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

Thank you for the correction, and my point is not to put down religion in any way shape or form. What is the point of having guidelines and categories if they are to be disregarded? As for the caps... Why have a button for such and never use it?

For fun correct what you like. I have no problem with scrutiny, in fact I welcome it. What I do have a problem with is a misleading thread title that leads to a bias preachy waste of my time.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by thedudedoesnotabide

It's absurd how some people place threads with subject matters that clearly belong in different forums. More to the point I also think religion doesn't belong in science class so to speak. That said, despite some of the grumblings of members here, ATS mods are pretty on top of things and move threads to appropriate forums more often than not.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 02:57 AM
link   

You say "multiple instances".
Yes, two instances is "multiple", technically, but hardly an epidemic.
Both attempts were frustrated by the movement of the threads, and the phenomenon is obviously temporary.
No big deal, I would have thought.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

I never said is was an epidemic..

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Agreed,
to the mods and their patience.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
But its so obvious....my zombie is better than your bearded warrior, and way better than that lazy guy sitting under the tree!!!

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   

boymonkey74

Only found out about this today...I wondered why I was enjoying ATS a little more

Moderators couldnt effectually move the newly generated RFT or CiR threads sneakily squatting temporarily in other forums, (nowhere to move them to as they were closed).
edit on 17-1-2014 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join