It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MARC FABER: We're In A Gigantic Financial Asset Bubble That Could Burst Any Day

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   

While many have made comprehensive arguments showing why stocks are not in a bubble, Marc Faber, author of "The Gloom Boom And Doom Report," continues to argue that we're in a bubble that'll pop as we head for a financial crisis Read more: www.businessinsider.com...

www.youtube.com...

This is what happens when we don't prosecute fraud and regulate Wall Street after the 2008 crisis, all we did is kick the can down the road and now its catching up to us.
edit on 1/16/2014 by Unilluminist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
How do 'we' prosecute fraud when many of these things are legal.

The Federal Reserve is legal right?

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Unilluminist

Play the system.

I took all my stock and bought into the bond market.

Call me beezzer-Soros.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Well the constitution says America isn't supposed to have a central banking system. So no it's not legal.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   

A lot of crimes were settled out of court for pennies on the dollar due to corruption and the revolving door.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   

buster2010
Well the constitution says America isn't supposed to have a central banking system. So no it's not legal.

Maybe not legal?

Congress chartered the Federal Reserve.

Can you quote where the Constitution says America isn't supposed to have a central banking system?

I hope you're right.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Unilluminist

A lot of crimes were settled out of court for pennies on the dollar due to corruption and the revolving door.

I'm sure you are correct.

Can you post a few examples?

This will help your argument.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   

U.S. Constitution › Article I
Article I
Section 8.

The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes, duties, imposts and excises, to pay the debts and provide for the common defense and general welfare of the United States; but all duties, imposts and excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

To borrow money on the credit of the United States;

To regulate commerce with foreign nations, and among the several states, and with the Indian tribes;

To establish a uniform rule of naturalization, and uniform laws on the subject of bankruptcies throughout the United States;

To coin money, regulate the value thereof, and of foreign coin, and fix the standard of weights and measures;

To provide for the punishment of counterfeiting the securities and current coin of the United States;

To establish post offices and post roads;

To promote the progress of science and useful arts, by securing for limited times to authors and inventors the exclusive right to their respective writings and discoveries;

To constitute tribunals inferior to the Supreme Court;

To define and punish piracies and felonies committed on the high seas, and offenses against the law of nations;

To declare war, grant letters of marque and reprisal, and make rules concerning captures on land and water;

To raise and support armies, but no appropriation of money to that use shall be for a longer term than two years;

To provide and maintain a navy;

To make rules for the government and regulation of the land and naval forces;

To provide for calling forth the militia to execute the laws of the union, suppress insurrections and repel invasions;

To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the militia, and for governing such part of them as may be employed in the service of the United States, reserving to the states respectively, the appointment of the officers, and the authority of training the militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;

To exercise exclusive legislation in all cases whatsoever, over such District (not exceeding ten miles square) as may, by cession of particular states, and the acceptance of Congress, become the seat of the government of the United States, and to exercise like authority over all places purchased by the consent of the legislature of the state in which the same shall be, for the erection of forts, magazines, arsenals, dockyards, and other needful buildings;--And

To make all laws which shall be necessary and proper for carrying into execution the foregoing powers, and all other powers vested by this Constitution in the government of the United States, or in any department or officer thereof.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   

I shouldn't have to, its common knowledge, are you pro bankster or something?

But just for you here are a few articles.

www.globalresearch.ca...

www.huffingtonpost.com...

www.latimes.com...
edit on 1/16/2014 by Unilluminist because: links

edit on 1/16/2014 by Unilluminist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by itsallgonenow

To coin money, regulate the value thereof

Well I suppose they could use the nitpicking argument that the US Mint still produces all the coins. I'm sure the Treasury and the Fed could muster a thousand lawyers to argue on that technicality.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   

See if you can find one or two "unconstitutional" things in the law....

Federal Reserve Act

1. Issuance of Federal Reserve notes; nature of obligation; where redeemable

Finders Keepers.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Prosecutions for the Olympian wealth grab that reached its peak 2008 have been the usual theatrics produced by the same people who twist the telling of all such important matters. I hate to try and characterize them because it usually compels me to use lengthy made up hyphenated words (like: the Cabbalistic-Wallstreet-Quasi-Governmental-Bernaysian-Technocratic-class.)

Settling a legal action with the government was never meant to be a principle tool of governance. But money begets money, and the will of the opportunist is weaker than an apologetically offered "admission of no guilt, with immunity from further prosecution."

The derivatives market is a loaded weapon pointed at any nation who still believes these people have a "right" to demand money for nothing... but not like the welfare cases you hear appropriately comfortable people complaining about... these transnational (actually supranational) financial institutions actually affirm they have a right to a slice of every single dollar, every pound, every mark... is anyone even paying attention to that anymore??

Bassago

To coin money, regulate the value thereof

Well I suppose they could use the nitpicking argument that the US Mint still produces all the coins. I'm sure the Treasury and the Fed could muster a thousand lawyers to argue on that technicality.

Actually, no. The interpretation of the US Constitutions is every citizen's domain... you do not need extraordinary experience nor credentials to merit making the case that the intention was for the economy of the nation to lay with the people, not some private (or "quasi"-governmental) agency without any meaningful oversight or responsibility to the people; and certainly not for commercial profit to a monopoly on currency (let alone interest rates.)

edit on 16-1-2014 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Interest rates will be going up if this happens, and I mean way up, and your bonds will be worth squat.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by yamammasamonkey

When interest rates go up it will cause all the interest rate derivatives to blow up all at once. Just the interest rate derivatives are somewhere over 44 trillion, and when those blow up it will likely trigger a chain reaction affecting other derivatves like CDO and CDS and the entire 1.2 quadrillion global derivatives market. This is many times the size of the global economy and will make last financial crisis pale in comparison. It is so huge there is no telling how they will try to fix this, but it is safe to say most investments and bonds for average people that aren't connected will be toast.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   

So now your Pro Federal Reserve too?

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   

xuenchen

See if you can find one or two "unconstitutional" things in the law....

Federal Reserve Act

1. Issuance of Federal Reserve notes; nature of obligation; where redeemable

Finders Keepers.

This may come as a shock to you but just because they have the word Federal in the title it doesn't mean they are part of the government. The Federal reserve is a much a government agency as Fedex. And as far as it being legal have you ever heard of a politician named Ron Paul?

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Unilluminist

So now your Pro Federal Reserve too?

No.

Not by any means.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Can you find the unconstitutional parts in the law?

Look real hard !!

No hints either.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   
i'm so glad i don't have to worry about any of this. i lead a pretty simply life. if i need to i can always find something to eat. kill it. clean it. and bring it home and see what the road kill cook book has to offer! maybe a giant planetary finanacial melt down would be good. it would help us realise that all these financial "problems" are caused by people who work in the finance industry anyway. as a matter of fact seeing the stock market crash right now would be totally awesome. the mid terms being this year. it would be almost as awesome as seeing an asteroid impact in brussels, belgium. almost !

top topics

join