It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newtown shooter may have called radio show year before attack, newspaper says

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   

WhiteAlice
reply to post by Maxmars

After the last spate of school shootings, there was a whole lot of discussion there being an underlying issue of isolation and rage amongst many of them such as this one: www.sengifted.org... Just because one can be very articulate and well spoken doesn't necessarily mean that they are actually being heard. That's my best guess and I think that's what Cross was getting at in her article. A person can talk all day and still not be heard and that seems to have been a consistent issue with many other past shooters. A lot of them were intelligent and articulate kids.

I am going to presume you mean "...doesn't necessarily mean that they feel as if they are actually being heard..." I say this because it would always have to end being a matter of Lanza's perspective (whatever that may have been.) I understand that we are hardly masters in understanding how people become troubled and in what ways. I am certain there are well-spoken, well presented dastardly folks (in fact we hear from them in the media almost everyday.)

I can also understand, to some degree, the effects of personality isolation; but my understanding does not extend to the point of the arduous and explosively violent way this person made himself heard.

Don't get me wrong, as some more shallow folks are wont to do, I am not excusing the behavior, nor finding some way to exacerbate the grief and pain of others. What I am curious about enough to bring up is the mechanism or experience that makes someone surrender all their humanity in exchange for a bloodbath of innocents. Perhaps we will never know.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jaffo

i might believe you, I might be a man, I might go to work tomorrow, I might win the lottery.

You're good at this new speak stuff aren't you. Ever thought of being a preacher?

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   

TKDRL
reply to post by haven123

And, finally, some random insights into the shooter’s warped psyche:

Is his psyche really that "warped"? Hell, I think about a lot of that kind of stuff all the time.... Does that make me a potential mass murderer?
edit on Thu, 16 Jan 2014 19:52:22 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

no thats why i said he was heard and framed

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by jaffo

UMMM how are you not doing the same thing?? You are just listening to a different guy
edit on thFri, 17 Jan 2014 01:24:11 -0600America/Chicago120141180 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by haven123

I've wondered that he wasn't framed, so much as coerced, prodded, and assisted. There are reports that numerous "fake" terrorist plots have been planned by various agencies (see www.abovetopsecret.com... for example), where potentially volatile individuals were incited to action just so that the agency could arrive and save the day. I'm wondering whether the drill across town was supposed to be the authorities "swooping in to avert another tragedy" but Adam got his signals crossed and went to the wrong school.

Also kinda makes me wonder about the Boston Marathon--maybe the "bomb drill" was supposed to find the bombers before any damage was done, but the "dupes" they recruited turned out to be smarter than expected and successfully carried out their mission before they could be thwarted.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by jaffo

I listened to the call. He sounds like a brilliant thinker.

The International Left is really trying to get people worked up over this.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I've actually talked to John Zurzan before when he was a guest on another show long ago. Everyone duck!!! I guess this somehow means I'm the next mass shooter.

After listening to it, the message he conveys is his own insight or self-truth. Random acts of violence in today's civilization is the fault of the civilization. Not sure if I agree, but he even said the phrase "Teenage Mall Shooter"

That was a great 7 minutes. Now lets get past the "May be" part of the OP's story.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by VoidWalker

I call BS!! That's like conveniently "finding" evidence later.

Ha!

That's the nuts and bolts of conspiracy theories.

Lol

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 07:13 AM
link   

XXX777
reply to post by jaffo

I listened to the call. He sounds like a brilliant thinker.

The International Left is really trying to get people worked up over this.

Wow. Just...wow.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I heard that Adam Lanza 'May' have died the day before.

The Media is clutching at straws because the people are waking up to what Sandy Hook actually was......FAKE.

The more people wake up to the fact Sandy Hook was a False Flag the more the Government push the Media into saying as much as they can to back up their lies!

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by jaffo

Hahaha never asked for people to bend over backwards I do believe I am allowed to express myself on this site.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jaffo

So you have to get better with people disagreeing with what you have to say... If any one disagrees with what you have to say you flip out like they just told you 2+2=5....
Instead of just making a statement like breaking news or just a 3 word reply. Why don't you back up what you posted instead and add to the thread you created

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

I think whether they were being heard or felt as if they weren't is a matter of a perspective and perhaps situational. It's really as that article states, many can understand portions of what these young men felt, in writing or speaking, but an extreme majority of us would never do what these young men did. The cause for these kind of events is not simple at all where isolation and a general rage towards society is at its root. Those things are simply not enough to explain how someone can walk into an establishment and open fire. No matter how any may feel totally alone and absolutely frustrated, those things alone don't make one a mass murderer. Let's face it, these guy were nuts, plain and simple. I believe it was Michael Carneal who would swing himself from piece of furniture to piece of furniture for fear that if his feet touched the ground, the demons would get him. Luke Woodham heard voices along with several others. Andrew Wurst thought that everyone was dead and that the government simply programmed personalities in all of us using "time tablets". So significant mental instability really has to be figured in. It's that difference between us and them.

I wish I was on my computer so I could whip out a quote from one of the past shooters who talked about how others perceived him. He was intelligent and articulate enough to essentially mask what he felt was really within him from even his closest friends. Nobody knew and that's really what creates that shock wave that almost always passes through those that know them. "He was the nicest guy." They were smart enough to hide it and, often, hide it pretty darn well from youth and adult alike. They can mask what is really going on inside of their heads until it becomes too late. It's really the same reason why those long running serial killers were able to do as much damage as they did as they were smart enough to be able to hide within society.

Just because Lanza was articulate and intelligent, it does not equate to him being mentally stable. It just made him a whole hell of a lot more dangerous and more likely to actually hide the breakdown that was most definitely occurring within him until it was too late. That's the difference.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Sremmos80
reply to post by jaffo

So you have to get better with people disagreeing with what you have to say... If any one disagrees with what you have to say you flip out like they just told you 2+2=5....
Instead of just making a statement like breaking news or just a 3 word reply. Why don't you back up what you posted instead and add to the thread you created

Nope. I'm going to call lunacy lunacy and that's that.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   

stevcolx

The Media is clutching at straws because the people are waking up to what Sandy Hook actually was......FAKE.

The more people wake up to the fact Sandy Hook was a False Flag the more the Government push the Media into saying as much as they can to back up their lies!

See, this right here is what I am talking about. NO ONE is "waking up to the idea that this was FAKE." That's not happening. Because it wasn't. And you have ZERO proof at all that it was. And yes, it is disrespectful to the victims and people who was there for you to get online and act this way, quite frankly. Go to that town and tell the people there that they were all in on a hoax. We'll see how that goes...

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jaffo

There were a few that called the Century Theater shooting fake as well but a whole lot more that felt that Sandy Hook didn't really happen. I sometimes wonder if it is because what occurred at Sandy Hook was so repugnant and horrific that people really just cannot or do not want to accept that it did, in fact, happen. How many children have been murdered throughout history for one reason or another? If you have one individual that is capable of killing children because of a sexual deviance, then how hard is it to believe that another individual could be capable of killing multiple children at once? We are not talking about "normal" people here but perhaps the most broken within society that one can possibly get.

However, when one is confronted with that audio clip of what is possibly Lanza, it's really easy to reject the possibility that this articulate kid who seemed to hold a deep compassion for a chimpanzee was a complete monster. If one doesn't want to or cannot acknowledge the extreme possibility of such a monster existing, such a clip could be used to fuel arguments that he didn't exist. However, I'd ask, as an atheist no less, what is most frequently said about the Devil? That he is a silver tongued and convincing liar? I'm not saying that Lanza was THE devil for that doesn't exist in my book but he sure fits the description of being silver tongued, convincing and monstrous. To imagine that extreme of human possibility is terrifying so I can really understand why people would have a compulsion to reject such a possibility in its entirely.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   

jaffo

stevcolx

See, this right here is what I am talking about. NO ONE is "waking up to the idea that this was FAKE." That's not happening. Because it wasn't. And you have ZERO proof at all that it was. And yes, it is disrespectful to the victims and people who was there for you to get online and act this way, quite frankly. Go to that town and tell the people there that they were all in on a hoax. We'll see how that goes...

Plenty of people are "waking up" to the fact that there is more then meets the eye when it comes to sandy hook. Fake is a strong word, but you one upped it by saying "NO ONE" which is actually harder to believe then sandy hook being "fake". As there are several people on this thread alone that don't agree with what you have to say... But all you can see as lunacy as you stated to me before.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   

WhiteAlice
reply to post by jaffo

There were a few that called the Century Theater shooting fake as well but a whole lot more that felt that Sandy Hook didn't really happen. I sometimes wonder if it is because what occurred at Sandy Hook was so repugnant and horrific that people really just cannot or do not want to accept that it did, in fact, happen. How many children have been murdered throughout history for one reason or another? If you have one individual that is capable of killing children because of a sexual deviance, then how hard is it to believe that another individual could be capable of killing multiple children at once? We are not talking about "normal" people here but perhaps the most broken within society that one can possibly get.

However, when one is confronted with that audio clip of what is possibly Lanza, it's really easy to reject the possibility that this articulate kid who seemed to hold a deep compassion for a chimpanzee was a complete monster. If one doesn't want to or cannot acknowledge the extreme possibility of such a monster existing, such a clip could be used to fuel arguments that he didn't exist. However, I'd ask, as an atheist no less, what is most frequently said about the Devil? That he is a silver tongued and convincing liar? I'm not saying that Lanza was THE devil for that doesn't exist in my book but he sure fits the description of being silver tongued, convincing and monstrous. To imagine that extreme of human possibility is terrifying so I can really understand why people would have a compulsion to reject such a possibility in its entirely.

You can't be falling over your words and be making a massive effort to speak clearly to be considered having a silver tongue. And if you are coming to that conclusion based on the audio clip, which is not proved to be Adam. How can you then apply those characteristics to him? Also the devil would be a charismatic social butterfly as well, since he has the gift of the gab and can talk to who ever he wants, when ever he wants. Which I haven't heard adam posed the ability to do.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
At the risk of falling on deaf ears, we must not fear to scrutinize the denial of the event.

My predecessors, my contemporaries, and those who work with me generally, are exceedingly protective of the hurt that the Sandy Hook massacre inflicted. There is a valid and rational reason for that; I would hardly imagine it needs much elaboration.

Unlike many; my assignment of blame over the inconsistencies of the tragedy falls squarely on the 'professional' media class.

It was they who threw journalism out the window and began a mad media feeding frenzy, where people just listen to them babble, show the same clips of poorly informed bystanders over and over, and repeated the same blathering irrelevancies via their 'experts,' who knew no more about the event than any other reasonably-informed citizen. They "crafted" presentations used 'stock' photos which were unsuitable for comparisons... they created narrative that kept the answers to important questions from being aired until prime time when their diva broadcasters could have their people create soundtracks and info-graphics that looked "cool."

The net result was the furious clamoring for truth from people who were never going to give it to us; and that truth would not have generated hundreds of hours of for-profit new coverage.

Yup..., I blame the professional information peddlers. Same as I blame them for the moronic notion of the 'political correctness' meme; which is almost entirely their own creation (them and the ... well let's call them the CFR.)

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Sremmos80

I don't remember "charismatic social butterfly" being under the description of Devil--just charismatic. Charisma displays itself a variety of ways and not just how one looks. I think you're also confusing the idea that Lanza was like a devil with the idea of an actual devil, itself. I don't believe that THE devil exists (I am, after all, an atheist and stated as such); however, I am fully capable of acknowledging that there are "devils" among us in the sense of deceptive and articulate monsters. Ted Bundy would be another example of one.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join