It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newtown shooter may have called radio show year before attack, newspaper says

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Sandy Hook Elementary School shooter Adam Lanza may have called a radio show nearly a year before his rampage, drawing parallels between a Connecticut chimpanzee that mauled a woman in 2009 and a "teenage mall shooter or something like that," according to a report published Thursday in the New York Daily News.

Newtown shooter may have called radio show year before attack, newspaper says

Perhaps this will offer a glimpse into why he did what he did and silence those who say he didn't do it.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
they heard him and framed him.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jaffo

I call BS!! That's like conveniently "finding" evidence later. Nope nope nope nope! That's where the government messes up. They mess up by trying to over do there stories. I call BS

This is a sensitive subject and I am sorry I do believe children did die that day just not the way media and our government has told us. The best way to look at it is that God has some amazing little angels and the evil that rules this world will someday regret what they did to them.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by haven123

Or he didn't die because he didn't do it and hes just helping the gov?

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   

VoidWalker
reply to post by jaffo

I call BS!! That's like conveniently "finding" evidence later. Nope nope nope nope! That's where the government messes up. They mess up by trying to over do there stories. I call BS

This is a sensitive subject and I am sorry I do believe children did die that day just not the way media and our government has told us. The best way to look at it is that God has some amazing little angels and the evil that rules this world will someday regret what they did to them.

BREAKING NEWS: "Guy on the internet 'calls BS.' Reality bends over backwards to suit his point of view."

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   

VoidWalker

Or he didn't die because he didn't do it and hes just helping the gov?

Why would he do that and why would they allow hi to live if they framed him? Doesn't make sense.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jaffo

"Newtown shooter may have called radio show year before attack, newspaper says"

The word "may" is not very decisive, especially when it is a newspaper sensationalizing a story for headlines.

The Bible "may" be real.

Aliens "may" exist"

Pink unicorns "may" give me rides to work every day, we just never know...

Do yo catch my drift yet?

Sorry OP this isn't going to silence anyone.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Corruption Exposed
reply to post by jaffo

"Newtown shooter may have called radio show year before attack, newspaper says"

The word "may" is not very decisive, especially when it is a newspaper sensationalizing a story for headlines.

The Bible "may" be real.

Aliens "may" exist"

Pink unicorns "may" give me rides to work every day, we just never know...

Do yo catch my drift yet?

Sorry OP this isn't going to silence anyone.

Clearly you have made up your mind and will not let facts stand on the way. Nor will you entertain any possibility that you might be wrong.
"The newspaper identified the caller as Lanza, based on Internet postings and confirmation by two of the late shooter's friends. CNN cannot confirm that the voice is Lanza's, but if it is his, it could provide previously unknown insight into the mind of the 20-year-old, who killed 26 people at the Newtown, Connecticut, school before killing himself as police closed in."

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   
If anyone wants to read and find out quite convincingly that it is indeed Adam lanza here is the original source of these claims
sandyhooklighthouse.wordpress.com...

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jaffo

Corruption Exposed isn't wrong though. They're not formulating an opinion on what the impact of the story is if its true. Merely that making a judgement on information like this is preemptive since the newspaper hasn't verified.

May…

"The newspaper identified the caller as Lanza, based on Internet postings and confirmation by two of the late shooter's friends. CNN cannot confirm that the voice is Lanza's, but if it is his, it could provide previously unknown insight into the mind of the 20-year-old, who killed 26 people at the Newtown, Connecticut, school before killing himself as police closed in."

Could….

Might of, possibly, we think that, likelihood of… etc. Are all double speak words in the world of news.

A responsible news outlet would either wait until it is verified, or say, "The ____police?____ are investigating this angle, but no conclusions have been made and nothing verified." Without adding in anything else.

This is how broken telephone begins...

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jaffo

Heads up

Already posted

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   

CagliostroTheGreat
reply to post by jaffo

Heads up

Already posted

My bad. Thanks!

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jaffo

Took a little digging but I found the full radio segment. soundcloud.com...

If it does turn out to be confirmed that that was Lanza that called in, then wow. It makes me wonder if he was projecting himself and his own situation on what he perceived about Travis the chimpanzee. It's really hard to say but at times, listening to him speak really tipped me towards thinking that he was indeed projecting. It does seem to be fairly consistent with some prior school shooters who basically stated that they felt like they had a beast locked up within them. Very interesting.

Anyways, thanks for the head's up, Jaffo. Was really interesting. Would be good if they could definitively confirm that it was Lanza calling in or not.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   

WhiteAlice
reply to post by jaffo

Took a little digging but I found the full radio segment. soundcloud.com...

If it does turn out to be confirmed that that was Lanza that called in, then wow. It makes me wonder if he was projecting himself and his own situation on what he perceived about Travis the chimpanzee. It's really hard to say but at times, listening to him speak really tipped me towards thinking that he was indeed projecting. It does seem to be fairly consistent with some prior school shooters who basically stated that they felt like they had a beast locked up within them. Very interesting.

Anyways, thanks for the head's up, Jaffo. Was really interesting. Would be good if they could definitively confirm that it was Lanza calling in or not.

You got it. Figured people should focus on reality around here once in a while, lol. (Relax guys, I keed I keed...)

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I am anxious to hear if they can definitively assign the voice to Lanza.

He sounds articulate and relatively thoughtful, the kind of speaker who can present their ideas and feelings effectively. If this were true, under what circumstances does a person so capable of self-expression get so darkly motivated to carry out mass murder?

Either way, the tragedy remains underpinning this possible clue; rendering it difficult to explore without appearing cold and unsympathetic.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

read the link i posted they pretty much prove its him,

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

After the last spate of school shootings, there was a whole lot of discussion there being an underlying issue of isolation and rage amongst many of them such as this one: www.sengifted.org... Just because one can be very articulate and well spoken doesn't necessarily mean that they are actually being heard. That's my best guess and I think that's what Cross was getting at in her article. A person can talk all day and still not be heard and that seems to have been a consistent issue with many other past shooters. A lot of them were intelligent and articulate kids.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
James Holmes was a caller on Opie & Anthony, theyd pull pranks on him making him repeat everything pretending his cell phone was losing reception (typical O&A prank) they were surprised he'd call in after they would berate and Anthony the racist one of the duo him and comedian Jim Norton repeatedly called him a faggot.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   

And, finally, some random insights into the shooter’s warped psyche:

Is his psyche really that "warped"? Hell, I think about a lot of that kind of stuff all the time.... Does that make me a potential mass murderer?
edit on Thu, 16 Jan 2014 19:52:22 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I'm not surprised we are seeing this more and more since the deinstitutionalization that took place in the eighties or prior. I grew up in a small town where there was a state hospital for people who couldn't function in society and back then the "shootings" that we here about today weren't commonplace. The laws changed and put people into predominantly four bed group homes, but many people fell in between the cracks, then add to that the HMO's that started dictating who can get care, and insurance that didn't want to cover mental health issues and care and you get this rampant insanity that we are seeing now. It's always about the money... never the people. I think that if many of these shooters were in the proper care, and possibly, probably in an institution than society would be better off.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join