It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Adam Lanza calls in radio station a year before Sandy Hook shooting and gives bizarre interview

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   

In an audiotape of a call Lanza made to an Oregon college radio station obtained by The Daily News - and vouched for by two old friends - the madman waved a giant red flag that he was about to explode almost exactly a year before the Sandy Hook massacre.
Using the name Greg and apparently taking pains to disguise his voice, Lanza weighed-in on mass murder by comparing “a teenage mall shooter” to Travis, a chimpanzee who became infamous after ripping the face off a Connecticut woman in 2009.
In doing so, Lanza provided a frightening look not seen thus far into the twisted logic and troubled mind of the 20-year-old killer.

I wonder at this point what's gained by making this kid out to be even more of a monster. First they isolated just about every autistic kid in the state by suggesting he suffered from autism, and now they are trying it seems, to isolate gay men (the article goes on to say that under his screen name "Smiggles" Adam Lanza engaged in homosexual fantasy talk) what's next?

Enough is enough is enough.. he killed a bunch of people, why we may never know, but this is bordering on almost obsessive monster painting..

link to article : NY Daily News Article
edit on 1612014 by vkey08 because: forgot link

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

Enough is enough is enough.. he killed a bunch of people, why we may never know, but this is bordering on almost obsessive monster painting..

I don't know about that. This murderer is dead so there is no way to gain insight into his motives for the killing. We can, however, look at his past activities and attempt to gain some insight...insight that could prove valuable in preventing future monsters like him from realizing their sick, twisted fantasies.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

``the madman``

Labeling.

Many still believe this was a cointel op but this label will help to sway the masses.

I for one am still not convinced.

Peace

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I dont really see how this "Greg" is Lanza, he's just talking about a gorilla taught like a child. The violent scene is not anything close to the Sandy shook shooting so I'm at a loss how there's any connection between this Greg who seems interested in primate development and Lanza. I'm not convinced they are the same people.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

I fully agree with the comparison, society is sic and oppressing but at the same time there is no escape (not really) like the chimp, humans also have the same intrinsic problem in living under increasingly stricter rules of behavior, expression and freedom, some will tend to retaliate...

edit on 16-1-2014 by Panic2k11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Ya that's what I see too. Keep dumping dirt on our scapegoat so skeptics on the fence, cause that's where you stop the expansion of the idea IMO, change their mind with this new hearsay evidence

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Show me one video clip of Lanza walking into Sandy Hook and I'll start to believe the government's story.

Until then--no proof, no dice.

Liars lie, and this corrupt government has lied way too much for anyone to blindly accept its word for ANYTHING.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

and vouched for by two old friends

And I thought he had no friends. If you believe this crap I feel sorry for you.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Char-Lee
reply to post by vkey08

and vouched for by two old friends

And I thought he had no friends. If you believe this crap I feel sorry for you.

Who said anything about believing it? What I am upset about is that, instead of finding out why he did it (as for the comment about seeing him walk in, that has been discussed elsewhere and like most schools in CT there was no recording equipment, even now most of them don't have recorders hooked up to their cameras, so please.. keep that to other threads as that's not what this is about) they are heaping more "labels" on to him, and in doing so, at least in Connecticut, stirring up the masses that think autism = mass murderer of kids and now homosexual = mass murderer of kids..

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

And one of the friends that vouched for the audio tape says, "Ya i think it is him" and "Sounds like something he would say" Not, yes that is adam.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

Total crap. Don't believe the first word.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Even IF he was the one that did the shooting, (let's make him have crazy eyes, that'll convince them) where's the all-expansive NSA help in this. They are trying to cover the backstory of Lanza, attempting to legitimize the NSA, but actually proving how useless it is beyond storing data for future convenience.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Sremmos80

And one of the friends that vouched for the audio tape says, "Ya i think it is him" and "Sounds like something he would say" Not, yes that is adam.

From the NY Daily article:

"It's him," said Kromberg. "I talked to him every day for about an hour each day from freshman to junior year, so I know his voice. He's a very soft-spoken kid, but very articulate." Kromberg said he and another classmate often made a point of talking to the extremely introverted Lanza, who he recalled would dart out of the classroom as soon as the bell rang. "As soon as he opened his mouth (in the audio clip), I knew it was him,” said Kromberg. “There's no voice distinction."

He didn't say "I think". He said "it's him". That said, it would be nice if there was more evidence that it was Lanza calling in to have more certainty in the matter as I think what he actually says in the clip is really very important if it was indeed Lanza. What they have so far looks pretty good that it is and it matches Lanza's interests in the same time period. The kid was looking at the prior school shootings with a particular intensity and the caller basically touches on a kind of "beast within" theme that has some prevalence in prior school shooters.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Sremmos80

I get so tired of it all. Why is it that I seem to be one of the few who remembers the very first interviews with Family and friends all which seem to be missing now.

Neighbors interviewed said Mom loved gardening and was social with them, they all had garden parties in the neighborhood and loved her garden, she attended regular card and board game nights. Adam went to the garden parties and "he was a really nice boy".

Aunt said his Mom was a great Mother and even the divorced Dad was involved always and together they made sure Adam was well cared for. Aunt said that divorced dad believed his ex to be a wonderful Mother. They asked did she have any problems with Adam both the neighbors and Aunt said no, no more than the usual teenage boy problems any Mother has,

(so from this to Mom is a gun nut, keeps guns in kids room and takes him to shoot all the time, on internet saying she is scared of her son!)

Friends from the tech club "he was friendly we liked him, but he always had to be real neat, wore his shirts tucked in and a pocket protector a real geek".
(then they show in in a fake photo going to school in pajamas)

Sister-inlaws and ex's usually do not say good things about you.

Nancy's sister-in-law, Marsha Lanza, told AP her nephew had been raised by kind, nurturing parents, who would not have hesitated to seek counselling for their son if he needed it.

She was close to Lanza's mother whom she described as a "good mother and kind-hearted". Marsha Lanza said her husband saw Adam as recently as June and recalled nothing out of the ordinary about him.

www.theguardian.com...

There is so much more I could write a book!

I reject the crazed person pictures

edit on 16-1-2014 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   
It's pretty creepy in that everything about it sounds like I would imagine Adam Lanza to be: very concise, soft-spoken, a bit nervous, complete lack of accent with perfect annunciation. Lanza supposedly often discussed primate and human behavior and as you can tell from the video he makes a compelling argument a la Walden/Rousseau for a return to a more natural state. Somewhere in the final report I did read he had written a paper about the Federal reserve and went on a tangent about the gold standard which the professor made oblique reference to conspiracy theorists/anarchists/extreme libertarianism.

His moral tale of the chimp attack fits the narrative of later events almost to a T.
Seems too perfect, too ready made for consumption.
I wonder how anything about Adam could have been kept secret during the last year yet we have this along with some grainy video of a kid supposedly "DDR guy" aka Adam Lanza dancing his skinny butt off (yet he hates loud noise and light and likes shooting).
We should be seeing more verification that Adam was a real person in 3, 2, 1, ..
It's about time to shoot down the fake Adam theory believers, we shall see.
Just my suspicions fwiw.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   

WhiteAlice

Sremmos80

From the NY Daily article:

"It's him," said Kromberg. "I talked to him every day for about an hour each day from freshman to junior year, so I know his voice. He's a very soft-spoken kid, but very articulate." Kromberg said he and another classmate often made a point of talking to the extremely introverted Lanza, who he recalled would dart out of the classroom as soon as the bell rang. "As soon as he opened his mouth (in the audio clip), I knew it was him,” said Kromberg. “There's no voice distinction."

He didn't say "I think". He said "it's him". That said, it would be nice if there was more evidence that it was Lanza calling in to have more certainty in the matter as I think what he actually says in the clip is really very important if it was indeed Lanza. What they have so far looks pretty good that it is and it matches Lanza's interests in the same time period. The kid was looking at the prior school shootings with a particular intensity and the caller basically touches on a kind of "beast within" theme that has some prevalence in prior school shooters.

So you quoted one of two people.... Can you read the next statement by the other friend below the one you posted, much appreciated.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   

According to the article via the second friend:

Another of Lanza’s former high school classmates, who last spoke to the killer back in late 2010, said after hearing the recording that it sounded like Lanza was trying to disguise his voice. “Yes, I think it’s him,” said the friend, who asked not to be identified. “It does sound like something he would say. But he is talking funny.”

And interestingly enough, the individual on the board using a known online alias of Lanza according to the investigation report acknowledged these things:

But Smiggles, touching on same point his friend made to The News, also critiqued his “failed attempt at having a normal voice.” “I at least sounded less incoherent than usual,” he wrote. “I normally speak much softer and swifter, with less articulation, less inflection, and more mumbling.”

Even the second friend suggested that it sounded like his former friend was trying to disguise his voice and "Smiggles", a known online alias of Lanza's, confirms that he was trying to speak more normally than his usual. Pretty strong inference there.

So the score is one friend clearly confirming and the second friend partially confirming with a suggestion that Lanza was modifying his voice and actually matches what "Smiggles" said (strong inference).

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   

WhiteAlice

According to the article via the second friend:

Another of Lanza’s former high school classmates, who last spoke to the killer back in late 2010, said after hearing the recording that it sounded like Lanza was trying to disguise his voice. “Yes, I think it’s him,” said the friend, who asked not to be identified. “It does sound like something he would say. But he is talking funny.”

And interestingly enough, the individual on the board using a known online alias of Lanza according to the investigation report acknowledged these things:

But Smiggles, touching on same point his friend made to The News, also critiqued his “failed attempt at having a normal voice.” “I at least sounded less incoherent than usual,” he wrote. “I normally speak much softer and swifter, with less articulation, less inflection, and more mumbling.”

Even the second friend suggested that it sounded like his former friend was trying to disguise his voice and "Smiggles", a known online alias of Lanza's, confirms that he was trying to speak more normally than his usual. Pretty strong inference there.

So the score is one friend clearly confirming and the second friend partially confirming with a suggestion that Lanza was modifying his voice and actually matches what "Smiggles" said (strong inference).

Were these test bind tests? Did they know before hand that they could be listening to "Adam" voice? Were they told that they were listening to what could be adam trying to disguise his voice? Score could be 2 kids being coached into saying yes, but only one feel for it. If he doesn't say "yes that is him" then it is a no when it comes to the seriousness of the matter IMO

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   

I'm sure, now that the information has come forward, that they could use other ways to confirm the likelihood of the caller actually being Lanza. heck, they could use phone records and a warrant to see if the caller to the radio show matched a phone associated with Lanza. We'll have to see on that one but my guess is that it's going to get confirmed. Lanza was reported as having a keen interest in chimpanzees back in November so that could be another tick towards the caller actually being Lanza:

As for what they talked about, the acquaintance said the topics ranged from current events to "chimpanzee society and how they interacted."

www.npr.org...

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Then i believe GW Bush claimed about 9/11 to then if this was Adam show me actual proof of it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join