It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happening now and I never even realised

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by fractal2

You could be right, he could be throwing some assumptions in there, or he could be going for a pint with his manager after work and being told this,

He was clear on this, that its not so the user can order a pint of milk.

What I found strange was that power companies refuse to invest in new power stations yet spending 33.5 billion on meters, and david cameron was across in china last month begging them to build new power stations.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

Not 2 years he said by the end of 2014 and the start of 2015.

The power companies have invested £3.5 billion.
From what I know about utilities If they dont get profit fast then the Chairman is out, they don't care about the public its profit and share prices.

I don't know how they are going to do it so quick but this guy was 100% sure of what he was saying.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

Up to a point, people will allow MPs their bit of fiddling on the side, they'll allow them to shag their secretary, they'll even allow huge multi-national corporations to wine and dine chief tax office execs, and get away with paying zero tax on multi-millions of profits made here, despite them releasing radio and TV campaigns threatening the average Man and Woman in the street with fines or worse if they're late with their tax returns...but they will not sit up and beg to be allowed to use their own property they have bought and paid for with their own money, that keeps tptb consumerist society running massive profits...it won't be swallowed.

If they think the repercussions from the Poll tax and council tax was bad, i'm guessing they ain't seen nothing yet.

Sure, we'll all see little old ladies wheeled out on the local news saying how delighted they are with the new meter and service and how much money they're saving on their bills, just as she switches on her electric fire, saying something like "Ohhh toasty"...and so on, and a lot of people will be suckered per usual...but when the reality dawns, all hell will break loose i reckon.

There's one really important and VERY obvious point here that people don't seem to have sussed yet...the PEAK period is what the energy firms claim is over used and wish to encourage people to do their energy intensive tasks during OFF-PEAK periods, right?

Well, that is going to make the OFF-PEAK become the new PEAK, as everyone and his or her dog will be obeying orders and switching to the OFF PEAK...it's bollocks, people are using much LESS energy as it is, for a start they can't afford the extortionate prices NOW, let alone when they start fiddling the readings remotely and charging half as much again! And for another manufacturing is way down, due to the economic climate...it's not about too much demand or about peak and off-peak, that's for sure.

edit on 16-1-2014 by MysterX because: added info.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
www.gov.uk...

The UK Government says that by 2020 all homes and businesses will have them. ( but can we realy trust anything they say)

But he clearly said 2014-2015 to me.

It could be just his employers wanting more out their staff by saying 2015 at the latest.

But thinking about it, if the have to install millions in everyhome and business as the link says by 2020 then they will need to be finished soon and ready to start installing

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
this is just fake.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Base Unit thats the term, I said allocation.

If a person in the uk is paying back a debt to the power company, they will switch say the heating off , and when someone checks the meter, is will say press (message waiting) you listen to the message saying that they switched it off and a number will be displayed for you to call.

When you phone they will say , you are paying back a debt and you are using x amount of unts at premium rate, we turned it off for your benefit as we did not want you to get a bill you could not pay.

If you pay £50 now by debit card we can switch the appliance back on.

Kind of like if you get your Sky Tv cut off you phone them up and say we never got your direct debit, if you pay be debit now we can turn you on again.

The big difference is this is power and heating and if you do not have a debit card with £50 on it you could freeze or die, and According to what he was saying if you are disabled and running equipment that is life saving it will make no difference.

If you say I could die, they will just tell you you should have thought of that.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by pavmas

What I found strange was that power companies refuse to invest in new power stations yet spending 33.5 billion on meters, and david cameron was across in china last month begging them to build new power stations.

Not entirely accurate...

The reality is you have some yahoos demanding...

"WE MUST PROTECt THE ENVIRONMENT!!!"...

along with all the other human haters in the world and this in turn prevents (through heavy regulation) the power companies and other energy companies from rebuilding new infrastructure designed to make things more efficient and cost-effective.

In case this fails, there are standby terrorist mercenaries on these yahoos' payroll, itching at the bit, waiting to go scuttle the latest refinery or power station or oil/natural gas rig...

Plus, these same yahoos are also drawing funding/deriving personal gain, through HEAVY STOCK OWNERSHIP in the very same power/energy companies they decry...

So, the companies are going to get their money anyway they can, with the least amount regulatory red tape hoops to jump through...

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   

taoistguy
this is just fake.

If you don't want to look it up yourself, or are too lazy to use the links provided and just want to cast doubt, just go away.

The UK government website the OP has provided a link to, ITSELF states this to be a fact..don't act stupid, go and check yourself.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

Doesn't matter what the website says, i was referring to the conversation the op scripts .
i already know about smartmetres.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by totallackey

The environmentalist have shouted the same thing since the late 60's, early 70's...it changes nothing, tptb go ahead as they wish regardless anyway, always have and always will.

They announced recently they were going to build umpteen new nuclear power stations...how is adding 12 or more new power stations going to reduce UK generating capacity, cause brown-outs and black-outs, and create the chaos we are to believe is on the cards, when demand is actually lower than it was back in previous decades due to the low economic conditions and manufacturing in depression?

Add to that, that the power companies buy their wholesale energy TWO YEARS in advance, we ought to have seen a reduction in our bills two years or so ago, when the wholesale prices dropped...but of course we never did.

And what of the new Arctic fields being opened up now?

15% of the world's oil reserves and 30% of the world's gas reserves is about to be exploited, yet we are still to gullibly accept that they are figuratively 'almost down to their last lorry load of gas or oil' and power cuts are going to be inevitable...it's a con, an outright con...and it's bloody outrageous.

£18.5 Billion for this meter programme (read as 'outright scam'), not to mention the costs of 12 - 15 nuclear power stations paid to France, and the other costs that would ensue, would have put 4kw - 6kw worth of solar panels and a couple of small wind turbines into every home in Britain if energy drying up was the real reason for this move...it isn't.

It's about screwing the people yet again, it's about controlling what, when and how we use our energy and our own property we need to power with it, and probably most of all, it's about spying on us.

If you have the money, now is the time to get right off the energy merry-go-round people, go self-sufficient and tell them to come and get their meter...you have no further use of it.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   

taoistguy
reply to post by MysterX

Doesn't matter what the website says, i was referring to the conversation the op scripts .

Well since you know everything about them why not tell us,

All I heard about Smart meters prior to this is that they can tell your fridge to order a pint of milk.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   

taoistguy
reply to post by MysterX

Then you know, regardless of whether his reported conversation is correct or not, its message is certainly accurate...so why would you cast doubt on the message, by picking holes in the OPs report, if you know it to be true?

The particulars of his conversation are neither here nor there, if the thing the conversation is about is happening, is it!

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by pavmas

right. so why not just say that without all that made up stuff about the unemployed? no mention of any of that on the link.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

cos it's all about context. it won't happen and there are alternatives. you don't have to have them. :\

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by taoistguy

If you're not in the UK, or even if you are, watch a TV programme called 'Benefits street'...a new 'TV series' that has sparked recent, and hot debate here in the UK about unemployed people of Britain and how the programme is slanted with an almost extreme negative bias towards them.

This is the propaganda the OP was talking about, and is probably just the start.

The information has been handed to you on a plate, go and look for yourself and validate what's being said for yourself if you don't want to take anyone else's word for it (probably the wise thing to do if you have doubts actually)

Why post here that you don't believe the OP, when you could be discovering the truth of what's being said for yourself now?

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Really...read the UK government website at the link provided. Read right to the bottom, and then come back and tell me we won't have to have them.

I do agree there are alternative though...get off the bloody grid and sharpish would be the most sensible one.

I'm curious...who is actually starring every post you make yet doesn't seem keen on posting their own opinion?

Don't be shy mystery star person, come and join in...

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
i am already versed in it all and have been for the past year due to being politically genned up both protest related and closely linked with governmntal politics.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   

An invite to post their agreement with your view...is bullying?

Riiighhht...and out of interest, just HOW closely connected to politics are you exactly?

Mods...can you look into this please?

It goes without saying...doesn't it?

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   

pavmas
reply to post by 727Sky

Hi I thought I had one installed but it was just a new meter, I dont know much about them, but how is it dearer when they are supposed to save you money.

Are they charging you by hour, or appliance by any chance.
and did you have an option to refuse it

I sent an email saying I did not want A SMART METER and even sent some of the articles about over charges and radiation that had been published about the S.M. problems; California was a good source for horror stories..

Every house in my neighborhood has one. Since we are not in the states except for a few months a year it was not worth a big knock down drag out legal fight with not much of a chance of me winning; I like to win if I start something!

After a few bills of paying to much IMO I spoke and emailed the electric provider which went through the monkey motion of justifying the charges and how much more accurate their smart meter was which in their professional opinion is why the bill was more. Total B.S. IMO but the good news is the house has sold and we are moving full time back overseas to the farm with no property taxes and low electric charges!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join