It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ABC News in LA on "High alert for major seismic activity today"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Can't start a new topic yet, so I'll post this here...

A friend of a friend works for ABC News in Los Angeles. He said that today ABC is on "high alert for major seismic activity today." It's apparently a big deal to get a call from him, because he is usually very tight-lipped about the security sensitive stories the World News is privy to.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by zackgreinke23

interesting...will keep an eye on this...has this person passed other info to his friend in the past that happened ( even though you said it was a rare occurance)
edit on 16-1-2014 by research100 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   

research100

interesting...will keep an eye on this...has he ever told you stuff ion the past that happened?

He's notoriously kept quiet on big events in the past that he's known about in advance, thanks to his position with ABC News.

This fact is what has my Los Angeles friend concerned at the moment.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
To the OP .....

This is your first post. How about you start an 'introduction' thread for us?
Introductions Forum. That way, we can get to know you.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

True, true.

I will have to look at some EQ threads to see if anything is going on with the seismos on the west coast.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   
It is my understanding that small daily earthquakes in L.A. are part of their everyday normal...as happens in a lot of other areas across the U.S. too.

Here is a current link to the earthquake activity in L.A. : earthquaketrack.com...

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
To the OP....

Nahhh...don't introduce yourself....I never did

It's all good....and an interesting post, too. But, just wait, there'll be folks claiming that you're lying...or your friend is an idiot..or something...people here LOVE to tear others down.

Kind of funny considering this is a "Deny IGNORANCE" board

Folks around here seem to think NOBODY knows ANYBODY who works in various fields....

Enjoy your stay!!!!

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   

caladonea
It is my understanding that small daily earthquakes in L.A. are part of their everyday normal...as happens in a lot of other areas across the U.S. too.

Here is a current link to the earthquake activity in L.A. : earthquaketrack.com...

You would be correct. Furthermore, geologists do not have any way of predicting seismic activity with any reasonable accuracy. I've looked at the USGS and it looks like a pretty typical LA afternoon seismically.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Bogus stuff and should be hoaxed.

If there is a way to predict primary fault events, start with the source material.

On par with " I had a dream last night...."

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   

There is an ongoing thread here Quake Watch 2014
Join the discussion and you can get your 20 posts.
Welcome to ATS

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   

caladonea

I'm skeptical of this myself, but what has my friend nervous is that this guy has never called in the past about breaking news stories. Very random that today of all days he calls with a warning.

Also, what I don't understand is why ABC News would be on "high alert". Like you said, there are daily quakes in that area. What's gotten ABC News so spooked?

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Neysa

There is an ongoing thread here Quake Watch 2014
Join the discussion and you can get your 20 posts.
Welcome to ATS

Thanks for the link, I'll move there.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   

InverseLookingGlass

Bogus stuff and should be hoaxed.

If there is a way to predict primary fault events, start with the source material.

On par with " I had a dream last night...."

Hey OP....HERE WE GO!!!

See, I said it wouldn't take wrong!

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Interesting, thanks. An old friend of mine used to date a producer for one of the major news networks. They definitely hear about things that never make it on to the news for one reason or another.

I'm not sure how accurately anyone can predict a major seismic event, though within a short window I can imagine there might be seismic indications. Hope nothing really bad happens...

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Maybe this is why they are all hot and bothered about earthquakes ..
Tomorrow is the 20 year anniversary of the Northridge earthquake.

ABC Local Los Angeles

LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- This week marks nearly 20 years since the Northridge earthquake struck Southern California and left destruction in its wake. Earthquake experts worry an even bigger quake could hit at anytime. Officials are trying to get the city of Los Angeles prepared for future earthquakes.

At 4:31 a.m. Jan. 17, 1994, Southern California shook violently. The earthquake killed 57 people, injured more than 5,000 and caused more than $20 billion in property damage.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   

So maybe he is misinterpreted, and they are on high alert for an upcoming historical piece about earthquakes?

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Yep, that would be my guess. Nothing generates views more than a little fear though it appears that they are more busy with reporting the far more serious and real story about the fire in Glendora. There were a couple minor quakes in LA but they were only around 3.2 according to USGS. No big deal but enough to be felt; however, the articles about the minor quakes are really keen on citing the anniversary of the Northridge Quake.
edit on 16/1/14 by WhiteAlice because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
It would appear that the OP (author) is now in the Quake Watch 2014 thread, but I found what he posted there interesting -

Heard from my friend again, who heard back from his friend at ABC News, and GET THIS:

We asked about the live cam on the ABC New site and he said that they took the live cam offline and they're running old footage in it's place. ABC News seems very convinced that something big is happening today and they're doing their best to not let the word get out too quick...

Link to thread
edit on 16-1-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Yeah it is definitely earthquake weather. Also, a lot of people are on edge because of the anniversary of the Northridge quake.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   

zeroBelief

To the OP....

Nahhh...don't introduce yourself....I never did

It's all good....and an interesting post, too. But, just wait, there'll be folks claiming that you're lying...or your friend is an idiot..or something...people here LOVE to tear others down.

Kind of funny considering this is a "Deny IGNORANCE" board

Folks around here seem to think NOBODY knows ANYBODY who works in various fields....

Enjoy your stay!!!!

To be honest poster like you kinda bother me. You bash the board and the members while posting on the same sight. Kinda ironic if you ask me.

And I have a good question for ya how many times have posters like this been right. A new member with a wild claim coming from a friend.........How many times buddy.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join