It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What about a Conspiracy Calendar?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 03:21 AM
link   
This is a no-brainer. Each day one of the mods will open a new thread for each of the 365 days of the year. The ATS users will post replies to that thread with various historical trivia and conspiracy related material. When the project is one year old, ATS will have created a seriously formidable database of modern history. Think for a minute about what that means.

When you visit ATS on the front page I propose there should be a "Conspiracy Calendar" and if it was January 8 or 9 there would be highlighted the conspiracy related topics and important dates such as:

January 8 is Elvis Presley's birthday (1935).
January 9 is Richard Nixon's birthday (1913).
January 9 is the day NASA announced the Apollo 11 crew to the media (1969).
January 9 is the day Surveyor VII soft landed on the moon (1968).

You know, various trivia, not opinions, just dates, times, locations, events, etc.

I am aware of the recent forum proposals for a history forum, for utopias forum, for think tank forums and for other things. I really think a Conspiracy Calendar would satisfy a lot of those folks and get a lot more people interested in the personal journey of re-discovering/re-engaging history which should be encouraged.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 03:44 AM
link   
You may also need twelve extra threads for just the month. The exact date is not always known.

Perhaps another way of doing it would be would be to have each post in a pre-ordained format where the date and year are given and then a brief outline of the event. This could be linked to any threads on the subject.

Interesting notion but then you can just put a date into wiki and get much the same thing.

P

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Great idea!

100 years ago, much of Europe was a happy place after decades of relative peace. The overall mood was that war was stupid and wasteful. France and Russia were good friends, the British Empire ruled the waves and America was only just now making an impact on the global scene.

Little did they know that WWI, the Great War as it came to be known, was only a few months down the road.

I was thinking of doing a thread about the people, events and conspiracies leading up to it.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by SayonaraJupiter

I'd be happy to pose for the February edition. I'm OK with full-frontal nudity, too.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 05:55 AM
link   

That's a briliant idea. I love it!

Foxtrot, I think I can safely speak for everyone when I say we'd all love to see that.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by beansidhe

Maybe I should pick a month that's not so cold. Could be embarrassing.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   
If a calendar was made, we would be able to see the data mapped together and perhaps
be able to see patterns emerging and forming. From this we would learn things that otherwise
would be lost in the fray.

It would be interesting to see !

This is exactly what the NSA is doing with all that data collection... your suggesting it be done here
just on a much smaller scale.

Do you think such a thing would go over well ? Of course the suggestion is not intended for
the wrong reasons... just pointing this out.

:-)
leolady

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by leolady

That's what I was going to say before I got sidetracked thinking about Foxtrot's er 'area'.

And with patterns, comes ..predictions. I think it would be a fascinating initiative, not least to make some sense of the vast amounts of information ATS must have.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   

pheonix358
You may also need twelve extra threads for just the month. The exact date is not always known.

Perhaps another way of doing it would be would be to have each post in a pre-ordained format where the date and year are given and then a brief outline of the event. This could be linked to any threads on the subject.

Interesting notion but then you can just put a date into wiki and get much the same thing.

P

All good points..

Perhaps there is some way to avoid having 365+12 threads. Maybe by mechanizing the process.

In furtherance of that idea:
Provide the ATS user with a web form with 3 data fields. First field is the date, second field is the event description, last field is for tags like #RichardNixon or #HowardRHughes or #Watergate, etc. A computer in the background will simply select the dates and post them to the front page of ATS as "Today's Conspiracy Calendar" or something titled like that.

There is a lot to be desired from Wikipedia's implementation of the daily calendars. They are not really conspiracy-minded over there and miss a lot things. Wikipedia also has it's own host of problems from vandalization of wiki pages to what are called "editing wars". Just some things to think about (and we want to avoid those pitfalls).

All the information here on ATS is literally *buried* underneath the forums and threads format. We have to do something to unlock that potential, that doesn't cost a lot of money, that is easy to use and find things, that works on user participation, etc.

(Oh heck with it, we need an ATS wikipedia sister-site!!)

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Thats a really excellent idea!!! You gotta yes vote from me!

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   

35Foxtrot

I'd be happy to pose for the February edition. I'm OK with full-frontal nudity, too.

*gulp*

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
You've got my vote as well.
How about extending it out into the year ahead so that we could see upcoming financial deadlines, important ceremonies, comet passes and such?
One thing NOT to be included are the monthly doom dates and prophecies, with exception to noteable historical characters.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Brilliant idea!

I'd definitely vote YES for something like this. Might have to do some brainstorming on how it would work, but I could see it being pretty nifty if done.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 01:06 AM
link   

telemetry
Brilliant idea!

I'd definitely vote YES for something like this. Might have to do some brainstorming on how it would work, but I could see it being pretty nifty if done.

I'll give you a pitch and you give me a pitch. In your own words... don't plan it out... just write it out. Like this:

When I log in I wanna see a conspiracy calendar on MyATS page. It could show a week or a month at a time. In that conspiracy calendar I can click on a date and I'll get a rich index page for that calendar date.

What's on the index page? It would be designed as a collection of automated search results of ATS threads and our hand written calendar entries (the ones we will create), all combined in one page.

If I logged in on January 8th I could see that it was Elvis Presley's birthday. If I logged in on January 9th I would see that it was Richard Nixon's birthday. I could click on either of those names and dig deeper to find another index page dedicated to each of those personas, which will be designed in the same manner as the calendar pages, by using a combination of automated search results and hand written entries. A sub-basement, if you will, of filing cabinets bursting with occult information, each dedicated to certain subjects, it should be navigable like wikipedia is, open to editing like wikipedia is and there should be a strong presence of moderation, and there is that on wikipedia, too.

TL;DR Reject the Forum/Thread format, burn it to ashes, and re-create ATS as a combination of Wikipedia&Yahoo&google&Gawker&reddit.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 01:49 AM
link   

SayonaraJupiter
I'll give you a pitch and you give me a pitch. In your own words... don't plan it out... just write it out. Like this:

When I log in I wanna see a conspiracy calendar on MyATS page. It could show a week or a month at a time. In that conspiracy calendar I can click on a date and I'll get a rich index page for that calendar date.

The Conspiracy Calendar is a great concept, and I'll throw or pitch a ball to you.... I'd ask ya,:
Do you think that there are there too many forums here to makes sense of?
Based off wiki or reddit... solid concept, but the implementation is a big factor methinks....
how to make it work?

I ask.

I know no code,
So Keep It Simple...
Regards,
Temp

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by telemetry

I'd ask ya,:
Do you think that there are there too many forums here to makes sense of?
Based off wiki or reddit... solid concept, but the implementation is a big factor methinks....
how to make it work?

ATS has it's own vibrations and cycles, ATS has superstars, celebrities and nobodies who post prolifically and then *poof* out of existence.... Recently there has been an influx of new ideas for threads and ideas related to user participation. I think that's all good. However, I also think that the Forum/Thread paradigm needs to be re-examined.

ATS Users are looking for a "home base" where they can participate and contribute. I'm afraid the Forum/Thread paradigm may be on it's way out. It's had a long, long lifespan since the early days of usenet. That's why ATS should look at this idea more seriously, in terms of the delivering a revolution of information.

The moderators and owners may want to look at a total transformation in the modes of interaction it has with the user base here at ATs. In order to fulfill the mission to "Deny Ignorance" there has to be a revolution in the mode of thinking about information... because Alex Jones says we are in InfoWars... the objective should be to make information as easy to get as a drive thru hamburger.

I don't know. It's just late night brainstorming.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 02:44 AM
link   
I've been brainstorming over a couple of beers tonite... so yeah

And in that time, I'd say there is "much too much" with regards to the basics....
I know I'm not the only one when I say that ATS should get back to it's roots.
Ya know.

Yep, I'd like to work on that idea brother, as there is much to explore out there.
And I'd raise a vote on this, and feedback would be appreciated.
Whether you or for or against the idea.

Thoughts>?

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by telemetry

Thoughts>?

Yes. All thoughts appreciated.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 03:24 AM
link   

beansidhe
reply to post by leolady

That's what I was going to say before I got sidetracked thinking about Foxtrot's er 'area'.

And with patterns, comes ..predictions. I think it would be a fascinating initiative, not least to make some sense of the vast amounts of information ATS must have.

That's what I'm thinking as well.

Patterns are the best way we currently have of making predictions.

I think the thread would get cluttered up though. Makes it hard to read through.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Now, you see happened? We had several good members offering good proposals for new good forums on ATS and look what happened..... Nothing has changed!

Why has nothing changed? Because we have everything we need here already!

If you wanna debate within a flexible set of rules, you become a fighter and go start a debate thread.
If you wanna do research, you become a scholar and you start a research thread so other people might join you (or not) , probably, but it's not guaranteed so whatever.
If you wanna be a writer, you go get your title at the writer's forum and start posting your content.

The membership of ATS is ever-changing. Sometimes it is difficult to find the other niche members who are interested in the same niche subjects that YOU are also interested in. I can see how that must be frustrating but it doesn't really require the creation of all new forums.

It takes a lot of effort to find those people on ATS who have the same interests as us because there is so much noise on ATS. I've been here 3 years and I have been using a Nixon avatar almost the whole time.... it's just my small step to bring Nixon Awareness to ATS, but it's a giant leap for mankind when you realize how Nixon came to power and which reveals the influence of Howard Hughes in American politics. (I've been posting # on Nixon and Hughes for about 3 years now and really there is no interest on ATS so I just post for the hell of it.)

So, in the end, creating new forums is not the answer.... YOU are the answer. Do YOU bring content or do YOU just comment on content??? What kind of user do YOU want to be??

top topics

<<   2 >>

join