It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pipe bomb handed back to Edmonton passenger by airport guard

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 03:01 AM
link   
I don't know if this is the equivalent of TSA, but the guard tries to hand back a pipe bomb found at a screening.

The passenger was then let on a flight , but arrested on return trip.

What? Are Moe Curley and Larry running the airport security?

On MSN.ca

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by imd12c4funn

I honestly don't know how to react to this one.

I could say it goes to show you that not everyone with a pipe bomb intends to act with malicious intent.

Then again ... who the Hell needs a pipe bomb? These things are incredibly dangerous and anyone messing around is cruising for a Darwin award.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 03:18 AM
link   
I have been waiting for a set-up of some sort to justify TSA style goons and tactics in Canada.

Nice and tight goes the noose on North America.

Peace

edit on 16-1-2014 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 03:40 AM
link   

jude11
I have been waiting for a set-up of some sort to justify TSA style goons and tactics in Canada.

Nice and tight goes the noose on North America.

Peace

edit on 16-1-2014 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

No one is willing to actually harm someone in Canada with false flag events, they just casually pass things like this back and forth from security to suspect. Like the incident in BC where the RCMP gave a fake device to a couple and told them where to plant it, oddly enough, the article states US involvement and it was the same kind of device as in Boston.

I normally brush off the "gubbiment is plotting to kill us for new regulations" stuff (I usually suspect incompetence and opportunity), but sometimes the stories seem too stupid to believe.
edit on 16-1-2014 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Snarl

Then again ... who the Hell needs a pipe bomb? These things are incredibly dangerous and anyone messing around is cruising for a Darwin award.

If you grew up in rural areas there used to always be a few kids in every grade it seems that started out with firecrackers, then moved up to blowing holes in the farmers fields. Actually, never thought much of it as a kid. Just that my mom'd whoop me if I was ever caught doing something like that.

I honestly don't know how to react to this one.

I could say it goes to show you that not everyone with a pipe bomb intends to act with malicious intent.

Now here's the funny part. (Even though you're joking about it.) Years ago it was pretty common for people to play around with this stuff, and especially potato guns, model rockets, etc.

And really, it didn't seem malevolent. Usually a bunch of guys getting out their testosterone. And if you go further back, you hear stories about an uncle or grandfather that used to fish with dynamite, and how they "damn near almost blew their hands off this one time…."

That was before everyone became mass murderer on the edge of going postal. (Do we even say "postal" anymore?) Or before everyone was the t word.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Sometimes truth is stranger than fiction.
If this is the result of airport security after all the hype of keeping passengers safe one feel at a time
and the inability to responsibly do the job of protecting citizens, planes and cargo from terrorists,
then TSA and CATSA are the biggest fraud ever.

edit to add:
Love the stool thread btw

edit on 16-1-2014 by imd12c4funn because: edit to add:

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

If you grew up in rural areas there used to always be a few kids in every grade it seems that started out with firecrackers, then moved up to blowing holes in the farmers fields. Actually, never thought much of it as a kid. Just that my mom'd whoop me if I was ever caught doing something like that.

I agree, I was ten years old pull'n slugs out of .22 rounds so
we could stick the empty shell in a straw and toss em in the air
out in the street. Stick,n firecrackers in antholes, experiments
with fire. I remember walk'n down the street and meet'n up
with my friends and say'n. Well who's garage are we gonna try'n
burn down today?

Ok I know how it all sounds, but we got away with it.
edit on 16-1-2014 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 04:52 AM
link   

So why was there a return trip if he managed to get on the plane with the pipe bomb the first time, why did he not attempt to destroy the aircraft in flight if he was given back the device???

Edit: I see now that the boy claims he accidentally took the bomb on the trip, what a world we live in!

edit on 16-1-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 05:13 AM
link   

boncho

Mine was a brass cannon I got as a souvenir from the castle at St. Augustine. Yep ... filled that sucker up firecracker powder and BBs. Must've been a thousand grain load in a four inch pipe. Set it right next to mom's car and aimed it out towards the backyard.

Now, of course you've gotta have witnesses. So I called out to my mom and my big brother to have them watch. They opened the door a crack and peeked (of course they were between the 'cannon' and the back yard). I lit the fuse and ran down to the end of the driveway like the devil was trying to catch me.

The explosion was so powerful you couldn't really see it. Blew a hole in the car you could climb through, shattered all the windows on that side of the house, dog ran off and didn't come home for three days ... and my brother couldn't look at me without grinning for about a month.

How nobody was hurt is only attributable to luck. Funny thing was ... none of the neighbors even thought to come outside or ever asked what happened, and nobody called the cops. Those ... were the good ol' days.

Pipe bombs ... dangerous things ... not toys.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Pipebombs
Firecrackers
Roman Candles

Darwinism

All good fun

And I lived through it....those that weren't meant to, didn't

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
They gave him back his pipe bomb but confiscated his shampoo!

If I were to guess, I'd say this cat was paid to do a "test run". Had he went undetected, I'd say that maybe the real thing would've followed. I grew up in a rural area and we used to make all kinds of bombs and blow stuff all to hell, but, there ain't no person that dumb--to forget that they had a bomb when flying, especially these days. Hopefully, the government has enough sense to look at this guys life, and who he surrounds himself with. That might tell a little story. I wanna know more about this guy and what his affiliations are.
edit on 16-1-2014 by Fylgje because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I agree, I grew up in a farming community and I remember a few kids wanted to screw around with home made bombs, It was not an every day thing, more like once or twice and thats it. Back then the cool thing to do was to download the anarchist cook book off of napster or lime wire and see what you can make from it (because we lived on farms we had access to certain ingredients). Non of my generation did anything extreme we just blew up Hay bails and toys.

The sad thing is that it still continues to this day. I dont know If you guys heared about or remember that car bombing that happened in Oliver BC Canada a few months back, well that actually happened in my home town right out side my best friends house. But thats not the worst part though, it was my my other friends little brother who made the bomb and planted it under the car.

Now what did he get for building a bomb and detonating it under a car that was right beside a daycare?? He got something like six months to be served on WEEKENDS!

That is less then a slap on the wrist that is a poke on the shoulder.

Sorry I know this is a little off topic but it is releavent to the conversation as it shows that the judicial system here in canada is just horrible.

P.S the Kid was not a minor at the time of the bombing.
edit on 16-1-2014 by snypwsd because: Spelling

new topics

top topics

join