It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How did someone post a thread in a locked forum?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I just noticed that this thread was posted yesterday. How was it possible when the forum is locked?

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

Well, that is a bit odd. From the dates, it looks like several were made on 1/15, but it's stated as being closed through 1/17. Some system glitch, I suspect.

From a personal standpoint, it's probably a good idea, since it was bad enough that I simply stopped bothering to post in there.
edit on 16-1-2014 by LadyGreenEyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

ATS has placed "religious forums" on hiatus. Maybe this question does warrant an explanation.

While we can view the thread, it seems posting to it in response isn't open...

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 02:07 AM
link   
It's supposed to be reopened again friday night according to the hiatus page thingie that pops up when you try to reply.

Oh and to answer your question, it was posted in another forum, but then moved there later I think. I think I saw it in social issues.
edit on Thu, 16 Jan 2014 02:08:35 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

That's correct. The only way a new thread would appear in said forums was if it was moved there from another forum.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 03:07 AM
link   
That must be a bummer to write a whole essay then be slapped with a hiatus message why your post is rejected.

Hopefully this 'hiatus' thing appears before the reply is started.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

The last reply in the thread says "What does this have to do with New World Order?"
That tells you, my dear Watson, where it was originally posted.
Did the poster no good, because now further reples are impossible pro tem.

edit on 16-1-2014 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by gardener

Yes the message appears when someone clicks on "reply" or "new thread", so that does stop them wasting work.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   

ownbestenemy
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

ATS has placed "religious forums" on hiatus. Maybe this question does warrant an explanation.

While we can view the thread, it seems posting to it in response isn't open...

Yeah, I saw that. Sometimes, a "time out" is needed!

TKDRL
It's supposed to be reopened again friday night according to the hiatus page thingie that pops up when you try to reply.

Oh and to answer your question, it was posted in another forum, but then moved there later I think. I think I saw it in social issues.
edit on Thu, 16 Jan 2014 02:08:35 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

Ah, of course! That makes sense. I wasn't on for a while, due to a computer issue. Didn't even think about it being moved, but that has to be the explanation.

Well, hopefully after this break, people posting there can remember to play nicely!

top topics

join