It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religious Revival & A Lack of Metaphysics.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   

AfterInfinity

Because when you're in the middle, you're not winning. You're not safe. You're still in danger of being put on the bottom. We're still animals and that's how animals think. If you're not winning, you're losing. And just because you have enough brains to lie about it, doesn't make it any less true. You feel the impulse to mate, to feed, to fight, and to generally exhibit a higher order of the same behavior you see in animals. And if you're not winning, you're losing. Because even if you're in a generally stable position, others are passing you by. Others are demanding more, reaching for more. And that puts you closer and closer to the bottom just by standing still. And then the person you're sharing with decides it isn't enough. And then you've left yourself open for the most critical failure of all.

I actually used to think this way myself. I cant deny what you are saying has relevance to me however I do not feel in danger in anyway partly because I know what fear is and how to transmute it into something useful for me if needed. The other part is that I just don't care that much about what other people are up to. I know you may not understand this or may interpret this the wrong way but I don't know any other way to express it.
The bottom, the top it is the same thing from a different perceptive as I see it. If I am the so called bottom I can adapt and make it the top to me. Comparing myself to other people is a sure way to failure. You know why? Because I am not them, it is that simple to me anyway.
If I may enquire, what is the most critical failure of all?

Normal is a relativistic term.

I do not want to get into semantics here, but whatever it is it is only based on society/culture views, and society is conditioned to be controlled.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueMule

If you were to really try, you could do some independent learning and let the evidence persuade you a little bit. Then you could be on the sheep side of the sheep-goat effect for a change, and then you would be in a psychological position to experience veridical psychic experiences of your own. Then you would be able to open up to the collective unconscious. Without an open psychic link to the collective unconscious, you won't be able to come over and have tea and hookah with me in the afterlife. I would very much like that.

I cannot say no to this. This is the sort of reconciliation I personally would like to see among seemingly opposing faiths. Friendship. Kindness. Tolerance. Diversity. Despite the content of our thoughts, they are still just thoughts, and nothing outside of them changes either way.

Thanks BlueMule.

All though I don't see any personal application for psi-phenomena, I will look into it further.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Aphorism

Thanks BlueMule.

You're welcome.

All though I don't see any personal application for psi-phenomena, I will look into it further.

Then I will leave you to your Muse, along with another book recommendation and our plans for tea and hookah in the afterlife.

Authors of the Impossible: The Paranormal and the Sacred

edit on 17-1-2014 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDualityExperience

I actually used to think this way myself. I cant deny what you are saying has relevance to me however I do not feel in danger in anyway partly because I know what fear is and how to transmute it into something useful for me if needed. The other part is that I just don't care that much about what other people are up to. I know you may not understand this or may interpret this the wrong way but I don't know any other way to express it.

That is your decision. That is your right. I won't tell you you're wrong for choosing such a path because I'm not convinced it's wrong myself, nor do I really believe it should be labeled in such absolute terms. I will say that taking inspiration from fear is not necessarily resolving that fear. The two ideas are not mutually inclusive. One may lead to the other, but will not guarantee it. Fear, in my mind, is useful only insofar as it provides a sense of balance between selflessness and selfishness. Beyond that, it is a dangerous emotion to indulge and often brings more harm than good, particularly given that fear happens to stroke most often where reason and calm are most needed.

Even so, fear is just as necessary as confidence.

The bottom, the top it is the same thing from a different perceptive as I see it. If I am the so called bottom I can adapt and make it the top to me. Comparing myself to other people is a sure way to failure. You know why? Because I am not them, it is that simple to me anyway.
If I may enquire, what is the most critical failure of all?

Of course, by changing what you want. But then what's the point of wanting anything? The most critical failure is to allow the hostile faction so far inside your camp that they've had a cup of coffee with you and shaken your hand before you realize there's a knife still buried in your back. And while there is the idiom "what doesn't kill you..." there is also the thought that if they are smart, they'll make SURE it kills you.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   

AfterInfinity
reply to post by TheDualityExperience

That is your decision. That is your right. I won't tell you you're wrong for choosing such a path because I'm not convinced it's wrong myself, nor do I really believe it should be labeled in such absolute terms. I will say that taking inspiration from fear is not necessarily resolving that fear. The two ideas are not mutually inclusive. One may lead to the other, but will not guarantee it. Fear, in my mind, is useful only insofar as it provides a sense of balance between selflessness and selfishness. Beyond that, it is a dangerous emotion to indulge and often brings more harm than good, particularly given that fear happens to stroke most often where reason and calm are most needed.

Even so, fear is just as necessary as confidence.

Of course, by changing what you want. But then what's the point of wanting anything? The most critical failure is to allow the hostile faction so far inside your camp that they've had a cup of coffee with you and shaken your hand before you realize there's a knife still buried in your back. And while there is the idiom "what doesn't kill you..." there is also the thought that if they are smart, they'll make SURE it kills you.

Fear is not a "dangerous emotion"....lol Sorry I had to laugh, I mean no disrespect there.
Think of emotions like any drug. If it is abused their will be consequences.
It is too hard to explain 'how' the illusion works for me because people would seem interested in the illusion itself.
I do not "want things" that I cant create myself because in my construct or blueprint, I know what that cycle leads to and I have the ability to avoid such cycles.
If I wanted to get out and change the world from the outside in, I would likely have to polarize to some group mind and play by their rules, which is cool and all. People tend to forget their is so much life on the planet, animals and plants etc that are perfectly capable of providing comfort and feedback of thoughts.

In regards to what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. This is accurate in my experience. I speak for no one else but myself here so if everything has a 'price', say the 'holy grail' of wisdom, would you be prepared to pay for it? What do you think is worth finding out the highest wisdom you can think of?
For me, I offered my life (life for a life), which is just a metaphor for taking the biggest risk of them all and going right into the unknown, into my hearts "darkness"....Sure I could have died and I suffered much pain for a period but I never gave up on myself.

edit on 17-1-2014 by TheDualityExperience because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Aphorism

when the practice of tying a young person to a stake and burning them alive is a creatures demonstration of how fervently they believe in a they're religion, then i think that this "devotee" needs to do a lot of soul searching! i use this example becuase where i come from, the crucible is one of the plays that you get to do in high school! to be sure, i think people of "faith" do more good in the world and are more likely to be charitable and compassionate. But the really extreme difference between "taking care of your fellow humans" as a way to re-inforce your faith is pretty astonishing when held side by side with the "taking care of those folks" by removing the ability of them to breath because it's what your "creator" commands is still with us, and at times running rampant. angry monkeys. go figure !
edit on 1172014 by tencap77 because: spelling

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   

It's funny a guy in this thread had stated his anti spiritual threads get very spiritual which is usually true. And now this thread has gotten very anti everything to the point of taking the very spirit out of the thread and drawing the good it had started with.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Johnathanandheather

I suppose writing a thread bent on reconciliation between opposing views might not work while at the same time opposing different views.

I appreciate your response. I'm glad you saw at least some good in such a grey thread.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Your threads are always a refreshingly rational dose of down-to-earth honesty and perception. Thank you for your contributions.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join