It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man charged with dragging bleeding puppy on L.A. street

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   
This is just sickening and unbelievable that a person can do this, to the point where the puppy had to undergo surgery to repair lacerations from being dragged down the street

A 28-year-old man allegedly seen on video dragging a puppy on a leash has been charged with two counts of felony animal cruelty, Los Angeles police said Wednesday.

Video images and witness statements show that Dossey James repeatedly dragged the bleeding puppy on the street and a sidewalk because the animal refused to walk, according to the Los Angeles Police Department.

Department officials said people increasingly are using smart phones to record acts of animal cruelty.

"This valuable evidence has contributed greatly to the identification of suspects and criminal charges of animal cruelty being filed," LAPD officials said in a statement.

Members of the department's Animal Cruelty Task Force arrested James on Jan 3. in South Los Angeles.

www.latimes.com...

The puppy is expected to make a full recovery....hopefully they'll find a better home for him

Need to keep an eye on people like Mr.James around kids if he thinks that this kind of training is acceptable
If he doesn't hesitate to do this to a dog, can't imagine he would change his ways towards a young child needing dicipline

edit on 15-1-2014 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Role reversal is clearly in order here.

Despicable!!

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by gardener

Just realized I forgot to post the pic
Thanks....

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by gardener

I can't believe some people. I really just can't.

I can not fathom the inconsideration for another life regardless of it's species.

I know I am not the greatest when it comes to insects, but this is a *snip* puppy. It's not only a creature who can not tell you no, it's a baby creature that couldn't try to stop you if it wanted to.

This ruined my day.
edit on 1/16/2014 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Poor puppy!

I am a dog woman and that makes me sad.

This makes me as sad as hearing stories of parents hitting babies and toddlers.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Sorry. Which one is the animal ?

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I don't get why people would rather see a human dragged than a puppy. This really isn't that big of a deal. Ever been to a puppy mill??
edit on 16-1-2014 by 3u40r15m because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   
So casual and disgusting.

It would be nice if he were attached to a leash with a very big and fast dog in the lead. I hope one day when he is old and can no longer walk well or fast, he gets his.

Cannot stand cruel people.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Where are the trigger happy cops when you need them?

In the interests of preserving the "family friendly" comments that the ATS T&C requires, I will refrain from any further dialogue here.

BUT, he is a piece of ship.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by 3u40r15m

This really isn't that big of a deal. Ever been to a puppy mill??

Because puppy mills are bad it renders this benign?? O_o

How about both are bad…

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Stories like this just hurt me especially that I have animals of my own. My girlfriend also showed me earlier of a dog that got a chainsaw to it's face because he knocked over it's owners beer. I never understood how some humans just don't have compassion for animals especially when wounded.

[edit]

Found it.

[Snip]

I just posted the link since I bet some ( like myself ) have a hard time seeing it...
edit on 16-1-2014 by MystiqueAgent because: (no reason given)

edit on 16/1/14 by JAK because: Image removed. T&C's 15a)

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

The lack of empathy this man has is very sad and speaks of a sickness either in the man, or possibly the larger community.

I can fathom how someone gets to that point though. When people are so emasculated by authority (law, media, schools, parents... etc), and have had no empathy ever shown towards them, people can become cruel to the defenceless as a way of mitigating some of their own internal pain, and displaying what tiny bit of power they can on a seemingly inexorable world... basically, "I’m in pain, so I'll cause pain where possible."

This is a result of many interrelated tiny and unfortunate events in this man’s life that has led him to such an abject state.

However, punishment how we use it in most societies across the world only perpetuates this poor man's mindset.

Rather than us empathising and helping him to learn what he did was wrong and in turn teach him to empathise with his victim, we will punish him, just as he is punishing the puppy.

Chances are the punishment is nothing new for this man (where do you think he learnt it from), and will just enforce an already broken mind.

Also, don't discount this man... when given the opportunity, people who have reached the lowest can reach the highest, and who knows, maybe his visceral understanding of abject dejectedness and cruelty may one day lead him to true and deep empathetic understanding of society, and he may yet be a force for good in the world around him.

It sounds idealistic, but quite simply if we keep kicking people when they’re down; they will never manage to get up...

... our society itself may never manage to get back up again if we don't start taking a different approach.

It is an awful picture, but good can arise in the worst seeming places.

Cheers

edit on 16-1-2014 by puzzlesphere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

There will be no hole in protective custody deep enough for this twerp.
If they put him in prison it's a death sentence for his ass.

Stick a fork in his neck. He's done.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 02:00 AM
link   

MystiqueAgent
Stories like this just hurt me especially that I have animals of my own. My girlfriend also showed me earlier of a dog that got a chainsaw to it's face because he knocked over it's owners beer. I never understood how some humans just don't have compassion for animals especially when wounded.

You know what's weird? I have more compassion for animals then I do humans. I doubt I'd be able to hurt a dog or cat, but I could easily hurt a person who did so. I have no idea why either.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Why rationalize this guy’s brutal, muderous behavior? Regardless of his past life experiences, what he was doing is still unforgiveable. He was commiting a slow, painful and deliberate act of murder on a defenseless creature. I can be empathetic to another’s plight, and saddened by their misfortunes, but it does have it’s limit. And in this case, my limit was reached. The most sympathy I can muster for this violation of human morality is that they send this dude to therapy sesssions while he’s serving his well deserved time behind bars, which I hope is considerable. Even then, I doubt it would help; some people are simply beyond help.

It hurts me to see people showing such cruelty to defenseless animals, and this one really sickens me. What a bummer...

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 02:23 AM
link   
this guy needs to be sent to nth Korea and undergo death by 120 starving dogs

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnySasaki

You know what's weird? I have more compassion for animals then I do humans. I doubt I'd be able to hurt a dog or cat, but I could easily hurt a person who did so. I have no idea why either.

I hope you don't mind if I take a whack at that one for ya ?
In a word, I'd say, innocence. I have the same feelings you describe
and it's the same with lil kids and babies. Seeing, or even hearing,
of them being hurt, by a grown human being, brings out the most
evil rage I've ever felt. I feel like I've been lucky not to be around
something like this, when it was go'in on. I'd get put away. No doubt.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 06:55 AM
link   

randyvs
reply to post by JohnnySasaki

I hope you don't mind if I take a whack at that one for ya ?
In a word, I'd say, innocence. I have the same feelings you describe
and it's the same with lil kids and babies. Seeing, or even hearing,
of them being hurt, by a grown human being, brings out the most
evil rage I've ever felt. I feel like I've been lucky not to be around
something like this, when it was go'in on. I'd get put away. No doubt.

Yeah, I guess that about sums it up. Plus, very few people I meet I actually like anyway. I think this describes it best:

Although it usually only happens when they start talking, lol. I guess if cats and dogs could talk, I might feel differently.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

I would have hitched that $OB up behind my 4X4 and dragged his sorry a$$ on the freeway until I ran out of gas!

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   
What I want to say about this person I can't say within the rules.
edit on 1/16/2014 by Spruce because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join