It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

S. Korea Says Military Drills to Go Ahead After North’s Warning

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   

“Should North Korea make a military provocation using our regular drills against contingencies as an excuse, our military will mercilessly retaliate,” Kim said.

S. Korea Says Military Drills to Go Ahead After North’s Warning

Well, things seem to be heating up again in the Korean peninsula... If you will recall, North Korea warned of a "catasphroe" if the drills were to keep going as planned. Well, looks like they're still going on as planned.

Remember, just like the UEMA says: 'Drop and Cover' if You See A Bright Flash

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by doesntmakesense

Dennis told the mini dictator that they would blink, just like MJ. This is expected from the moron son of a moron dictator with small man syndrom...

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Oh NK, this bit is getting a little stale.

This reminds me of North Korea:

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Wahooooooooooooooooooooooo

I can't wait..........a catastrophe....

I hope it's a whole one.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   
In my personal opinion... This is real rich coming from a guy who feeds family members to packs of dogs. I think that is like other real notable excesses of leaders in history for what will be noted with his name forever now.

Kim needs a serious spanking and South Korea has a nation to run, not worry about someone with delusions of grandeur up North.

All the DPRK is playing for is aid anyway. It's an annual event. (Winter time there) Drop rice and fuel oil on them and they'll be quiet for awhile. (Okay... Maybe not drop drop... lol)

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

This is real rich coming from a guy who feeds family members to packs of dogs.

That was proved to be a lie.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Char-Lee

By who?

You cant even make that stuff up.

Did Kim write you a letter saying"They lie- it wasnt dogs- it was wolves"?

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   

The #ty thing is the amount of lives that will be lost in a short period of time if something were to kick off.

The sad part is how royally steam rolled the North will be after their initial bombardment. The North has a lot of artillery presighted for this exact conflict, but the tech and fire power the south has is so many years ahead of the North it's not a fair fight.

Very sad, very scary and I'm not saying the north would not pack a deadly blow, but the south has better weapons, and unfortunately big brother merika.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

I am sincerely hoping that China will be the party to intervene if push came to shove and war truly appeared imminent and not just "media imminent".

Across North Korea's North Eastern Border is Vladivostok and home to the Russian Pacific Fleet. It's kinda like their Pearl Harbor, if not San Diego for significance and just a stones throw from DPRK territory.

Then, Beijing itself is less than 500 air miles to the West of Pyongyang with a land border shared as well. I think world powers have reason to shut down the bad fuse in the box if it looks like it'll really blow. Until then, the occasional dust ups are good for 'business', so they'll let him mess around, IMO.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Is anyone ever going to quiet this guy up. It's would normally just be a slight distraction from someone who is an embarrassment to this region but he also commits crimes. There has to be a reason other than "no resources" for no one to do anything. Something is up with that. Or does the South like the constant tension?

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

Control.They want to stay in power.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I'm with everyone else here in the sense that I just roll my eyes every time lil ' kim makes a new threat, but the conspiracy theorist in me just has to ask:

What if this is a "boy who cried wolf" thing? Hear me out here. What if they are basically just dulling everyone into a false sense of security, and then BAM... they attack? Not sure if you've ever played Homefront, but I have. Maybe I've played too much of it...

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

There is very very good reason. Kim may be a flamboyant goober to some, and perhaps he is too. His father sure wasn't. Kim inherited the last of the true, cold war and old time regimes. Even by those standards, the DPRK was viciously paranoid and unpredictable for doing things.

They're like a rabid predator. You know you probably will have to put the thing down...but you keep hoping, nature will take it's course somehow first. That's where I think the world is with it. That, and over 20 million people think Kim is literally a God or direct descendant from God, whichever way that works for Dear Leader Jr and have been allowed little to no awareness that the outside world even exists.

@ Thread

That is the place time and logic forgot about ...totally. I found one U.S. paper (Washington Post) saying Dear Uncle may not have gone to the dogs, but even it was supposition and outright said so. The biggest argument seemed to be because it was too extreme.......while even that one said it's still quite possible Uncle died by firing squad instead.

Only no average firing squad would do for Kim to dispatch a family member. Even The Washington Post had to concede some DPRK sources noted Anti-Aircraft guns being used. I'd laugh if it wasn't real....

Kim needs Dr. Phil, not Dennis Rodman.
edit on 16-1-2014 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Dianec
Is anyone ever going to quiet this guy up. It's would normally just be a slight distraction from someone who is an embarrassment to this region but he also commits crimes. There has to be a reason other than "no resources" for no one to do anything. Something is up with that. Or does the South like the constant tension?

It's not quite that simple. For one, China is allied with NK. They are bound by treaty to come to their defense. While it's easy to say that the rest of the world would overlook China not sticking to their alliances, how would China's allies react knowing an ally won't hold to it's agreement if it's against the popular opinion of the world?

Next, what crimes has he committed? Last I checked he's head of state of a sovereign nation. He can set the laws however he wants, and he set them up so that he commits no crimes on NK soil. That means it has to be an international crime. International crime is a funny thing, in order to prosecute someone for it, both countries must agree to put the person on trial and an extradition needs to take place to bring the person to the country hosting the court. The only country NK has an extradition treaty with is China (I think) and he has done nothing to make putting him on trial there an issue.

So this brings us back to the first point. The only way to do something about him is to declare war. Regime change is not a legitimate case for war to any country other than the US, and neither is human rights as both are entirely subjective rather than quantifiable. Even if a good claim for war could be established there's the China issue to deal with.

The only solution for NK is for China to eventually do something. Whether that's creating a political opportunity where they can break their alliance or China being forced to invade out of self defense, they're the ones that have to create an opening.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 03:30 AM
link   

It's sadly interesting how many people reply with such things as "go ahead, do it" kind of attitudes. "I dare ya". Who cares about all the lives lost, all the people maimed, all the infrastructure destroyed, how far it could spread to other countries nearby...... I guess its easier to say since we have never faced any war like that here in the U.S. in our lifetimes. We didn't grow up in the Balkans or Middle East or Southwest Asia, or any of the other war torn areas. We haven't seen too many people blown apart or starving or lose loved ones, children, homes, towns and cities.... How callous we can be, insulated as we have been so fortunate to be.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

Here you all go. The Dog eat Man story was what passes for satire in China.
Deny ignorance.

www.independent.co.uk...
edit on 16-1-2014 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
South Korea needs to just sit back and keep doing what they do. This is one of those cases where EVERYbody wants to end lil'Kim's reign, but nobody wants to be the bad guy. He is young and hot headed and he will slip up and make a bad call, do something stupid then everyone will swoop in like a bat outta hell and end it. After that South Korea will own the whole peninsula and all will be well.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Hmmm This again.

It's time not to post this...Wait until
their kicking # out of each other.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Common Good

Char-Lee

By who?

You cant even make that stuff up.

Did Kim write you a letter saying"They lie- it wasnt dogs- it was wolves"?

CNN said it was a lie on the morning news and they said how they knew but I can't remember, they actually laughed that it had been spread around as truth.

Maybe this was it

The story originated in a Hong Kong newspaper called Wen Wei Po, which oddly makes the claim without citing a source. With a couple of high-quality exceptions, Hong Kong media have a reputation for sensationalist and tabloidy stories that do not always turn out to be true. But, even by Hong Kong standards, Wen Wei Po is considered an unusually unreliable outlet.

www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   

jaxnmarko

It's sadly interesting how many people reply with such things as "go ahead, do it" kind of attitudes. "I dare ya". Who cares about all the lives lost, all the people maimed, all the infrastructure destroyed, how far it could spread to other countries nearby...... I guess its easier to say since we have never faced any war like that here in the U.S. in our lifetimes. We didn't grow up in the Balkans or Middle East or Southwest Asia, or any of the other war torn areas. We haven't seen too many people blown apart or starving or lose loved ones, children, homes, towns and cities.... How callous we can be, insulated as we have been so fortunate to be.

Our US soldiers based in So k would be in the thick of it

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join