It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sun is Tired

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   
What are some of the weirdest things kids can say ? We have all heard them...

Today my daughter said something weird that made me stop and pay sudden attention to what
she said and go hmmmm ?

I even had to ask her what she meant... but of course being only 5, she did not elaborate
any further so I dropped it.

What she said : Mommy the Sun is Tired

It definately made me stop and think.

So... please share any stories you have of when a child said something that made you
go huh ? Or made you think...woah... that was weird.

I almost had the urge to say... hun...ummm you've been spending too much time on ATS,
you might need a break.
jk

leolady

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   
My kid has said some weird stuff.

When he was a toddler, he would go on about "before" when he was an "old man in France" and would often stare at his arms and legs and rub them in amazement and remark how smooth they were. He would also ask to go fishing with his "other grandpa". We would name his actual grandfathers and he would get mad and insist there was another that he always went fishing with...only there wasn't and he had never been fishing before.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Sounds like some past life regression there...

My buddy has a two year old... And im still waiting to see if he remembers anything from before he was born...

Unfortunately he doesn't quite talk yet... But theres a thread 2 plus years in the making when i get some results from this little experiment

IF i get any...

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by leolady

My sister was 2 when our grandmother died. They had a huge bond-- Grandma Nolan spent hours every day reading to her/playing with her, etc. A few days after she died, some people came to pay respects, and when a gentleman sat down in the rocking chair in the den, my sister shrieked, "Nooo... Don't sit on Grandma!!!"

Got everybody's attention, that's for sure!
edit on 1/15/2014 by new_here because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   
When my child was maybe three or four, he said from his carseat in the back as we were driving home, and the sky was ablaze with an outstanding sunset, "Look how beautiful the sky is, God painted it." I asked what he meant and he said, "God paints the sky, he paints everything."

We are not religious so this was amazing to hear.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Tell her that the sun will be taking a rest shortly. napping for about four years. Tell her it is just like us and it has to work for a living....giving people who research it something to do.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Kids are funny like that. We let it go because they're kids. But, when it happens we're a little more than awestruck. Ever notice that they clam up when you ask 'em what they meant or to elaborate?

Psychologists and psychiatrists too easily explain it away (cognizance).

I've often wondered whether these kids still have 'experiences' later in life, but have simply learned to keep their mouth shut so they don't get asked difficult questions or singled out as odd.

Hmmm ...

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 01:07 AM
link   
one night the wife and i took our son for a walk. it was a full moon, fairly big in the sky. we started back after awhile because was wearing out,so i pick him up close to the house. all of a sudden he says, " the moon looks like a big cookie, when i get big i'm going up there and take a bite!". the wife and i looked at each other , with deer in the headlights look, and started laughing. we asked him why he said that, he said it was because he got hungry from the walk.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Ooh boy thanks for the contributions everyone ! Keep em coming yall !

I went searching for more stories online this morning while having my cup of coffee before work.

Here is a cool one I read...

My wife was getting my 2yr old son up one morning. He was standing in his bed/crib. As she said good morning and walked over to him he picked up her shirt a little and crooked his head to the side. She asked him what he was doing and he said, "looking for my baby sister in your tummy." She laughed it off as a weird kid imagination thing. We found out later that at the time she was 2 weeks pregnant and it was, in fact, a girl. We are due in September. We had never really had the talk about where babies come from nor did we talk about having another child at all around him. So spooky.

& here is a website that discusses creepy things kids say...uugghhh

www.buzzfeed.com...

enjoy
leolady

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by leolady

When my daughter was about 8 months old, I was observing her sitting in the dining room on the floor, fixating on the wall for several minutes, then she "waved bye-bye" and after a few more seconds crawled away. I wondered if one of the great grandparents that had passed away had come to visit.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by leolady

When my son was 3 he said, " Dinosaurs aren't gone, they are living underground!"
Same year he pointed at the full moon and said "The skulls are coming!" ...funny

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by leolady

Maybe your daughter heard this story:

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by leolady

Maybe that wasn't the son she was talking about!
Maybe she was referring to "God the son"!

I think if I was Christ and I saw what our society
was into I might be tired and fed up as well!
It's just a thought!

edit on 18-1-2014 by nosacrificenofreedom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by leolady

I read your post and had to register. I found this this evening before coming onto ATS.

www.express.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by leolady

Nice Post LL. Yes, Kids do say the darndest things! Lol! Your Little one sounds Very Perceptual. Kids can, I believe pick up on and sense so much more than adults. We have been so dilluted with all the Trash out there that we are too overloaded with it all to be able to do what children can do easily. I do think Us adults can be the same way, if only we can figure out a way to 'Dump the Trash'. Later, Syx.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by thelondon3r

Welcome to A.T.S. Enjoy the Ride. Syx.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ladybug121

The Skulls are coming? Sounds like Grays to me... Hmmmm. Syx.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Very weird, I read this thread and literally the next thing I saw was this article on my Facebook wall. Coincidence?

Your daughter is on to something!

edit: nevermind, just realized thelondon3r posted similar article

edit on 19/1/14 by athousandlives because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by CJCrawley

I don't know...perhaps ? My kids only watch the cartoon channel at my house and I don't watch
TV so it seems unlikely that she saw something about it.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by thelondon3r

It was a tad freaky to have the news sources reporting on it right after my daughter said it.
It definitely made her saying that even weirder than it already was.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join