It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we designed before we learn to be an individual?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I just saw this page showing "30 Kids Who Wrote The Meanest Notes Ever. I Should Feel Bad...But I Can't Stop Laughing!"
and here is the link distractify.com...
one thing I have just noticed is the way children write, they all seem to be the same style of handwriting.

As a school child myself I can remember learning how to write by copying the teachers writing and keeping in the lines, but i find looking at all these they all seem as if they was written by the same child as if they all learned from the same teacher?
As a a dad even my child's handwriting is the same and I just can't fathom why nearly every child's handwriting is similar in pattern and shape?
I can get the quirky way they express themselves and the things they write down and the way they think, but find it weird that they seem to be using the same handwriting.

If anyone has a simple explanation for this I'd love to hear it
Cheers
Brett
edit on 15-1-2014 by brettcal82 because: Spelling haha

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Evening,

I don't think we are taught to be individuals at all.
Everything in the society around us I believe is saying we are being taught to be consumers.
We are only told we are individuals.
Cute and witty has more value to our society of sleepers than intelligence and independant thought.
Memes and Vines have replaced Awareness and Clarity.
Most people are trained to express themselves in only as many words as Twitter will allow...however few that is.
The state-run education system is in fact stunting the youth...not uplifting them.
Slaves aren't individuals and tax slaves are exactly what we are to those who "lead" us.
The last thing The State wants is "individuals"...to a corrupt state, it's the worst thing that can happen.
At least this is how I see it.

-Peace-

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Eryiedes

I understand that, but you didnt answer the main point of my post mate. maybe the title is a bit misleading to the point I was getting at with the handwriting. great answer though

edit on 15-1-2014 by brettcal82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by brettcal82

It's easier for a child to do basic handwriting, instead of cursive, this is taught as standard in Western schools. Cursive writing comes after the basics are learned. The fact that most children's handwriting starts off as letters varying in sizes and not conforming to straight lines is because they are still honing their coordination and fine motor skills.

As a child I was taught to write before school and was doing cursive writing by about age 7 which obviously progressively neatened. From about age 12 I took to writing in different handwriting styles on each page of my school books, for example cursive, slanting left, right, rounded etc.

I am ambidextrous and though I mostly write with my left hand, I find that my right hand cursive handwriting looks more traditional, as if straight from the 1800's and my left hand cursive handwriting looks more contemporary. When writing fast I sometimes write left sloping in a form of shorthand that I can understand or straight writing. Using different pens varies the writing also. I think fast so fast flowing pens like fountain pens suit my handwriting.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

makes sense thanks!!

new topics

top topics

join