It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"It's going to be another Sandy Hook." - Man gets 41 Months in Prison For Threats.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I don't like to nit pick. But to the people that can't count here, 41 months is 3 years and 5 months.

That is a long time for making an idle threat. A threat to murder is not the same as attempted murder.

And as far as saying 'Like another Sandy Hook', well we don't know exactly what Sandy Hook was in the first place. There's still no hard evidence to say Sandy Hook was more than anything but a Drill.

I think they have gone overboard on this one! But hey what can you say? It is America after all and with Obama's NDAA executive order threat over everyone's heads and criminal agencies like the CIA and FBI killing innocents all over the place you never know what they are up to. Even the 'Thought Crime Police' are arresting people. Gone Bananas over there!

Glad I don't live in the US!!

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 04:45 AM
link   
He sounds like he needs to be locked up longer.... If he is gonna threaten strangers over the phone over a few bucks, who know's what he has, could, or will do to people he comes across in real life. Will see how much of a touch guy he is behind bars....

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

When someone makes a threat, it should be taken seriously.

If someone were to threaten me or mine, I would take any and all necessary steps to insure their safety.

A person can rant, can rave, can use foul language. But once someone's individual liberty is threatened, then it is just cause to seek redress for that.

At a recent DMV experience, I was not punished even though I stated how disgusted and disappointed I was at the level and lack of professionalism from the staff.

Because that was simply my opinion.

I did not threaten anyone, therefore, they could do nothing.

There is a line.

He crossed it.

I hope he gets help.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   

beezzer

When someone makes a threat, it should be taken seriously.

If someone were to threaten me or mine, I would take any and all necessary steps to insure their safety.

A person can rant, can rave, can use foul language. But once someone's individual liberty is threatened, then it is just cause to seek redress for that.

At a recent DMV experience, I was not punished even though I stated how disgusted and disappointed I was at the level and lack of professionalism from the staff.

Because that was simply my opinion.

I did not threaten anyone, therefore, they could do nothing.

There is a line.

He crossed it.

I hope he gets help.

He does need help, but does 3+ years in prison provide that help to him? Or is it going to put him around other angry individuals who feel they have been treated unjustly? Doesn't seem fit IMO. He chose some very regrettable words and put them together in a horrible violent expression.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by 3u40r15m

Well he is a grown man that lives day to day with other people in his life everyday i'm sure. Doesn't seem like he is killing every person that makes him mad. And I bet he has said something like this before. So i guess you can kinda see what he has done, will do, or did when he met someone that has made him angry. Or that's the way i see it

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Now I will add some interesting information to the topic.

Dearborn, Michigan has the highest Arabic population in the USA, so are they possibly profiling him as a potential terrorist due to his ethnic background?

Very good point. I'm sure that area is being monitored very closely by homeland security. His ethnic background may of played into the length of the sentence. However, putting his ethnic background aside, I think he would still be a concern based upon his death threats.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join