It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Breathtaking Photos Of The Northern Lights, Taken On A Scottish Island

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Wow.. just gorgeous!
Absolutely breathtaking.. thanks so much for sharing these.
I too hope to make it to Scotland someday, or at the very least, far enough North to see the 'lights'. Wouldn't it be grand if we could all just pick up and go? Ahhh

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by fluff007

I actually had to stop and stare at that first pic for a minute . I've seen northern lights a little bit in Michigan nothing to crazy , and I've seen plenty of northern light pics but man these are literally breathtaking thank you op much appreciated .

I think of all the amazing worlds we create in games and movies yet every once in a while pics like these come along and remind me that ours is just as beautiful.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by CitizenJack

Lol games got nothing on a good light show..

I felt a bit like that when I first opened the link..! I was like man HOW did I miss them...!!! Pretty sure we were covered in cloud when theses were ongoing..

Me and neighbour have joked about building a massive fan to blow away the clouds. Pipe dream...

Colin has some talent with a camera...! I have a crappy camera at the moment but am saving up for a kick ass one. I would so love to be able to capture photos like this... One day...!
edit on 17-1-2014 by fluff007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   

I love the Northern Lights. They are so beautiful....

My son kept trying to impress upon me that if I got on the internet I could read literally any book, and learn about literally any topic I could imagine. I resisted the computer/internet technology at first, but one time I was bored, (we had to have internet for my son's schooling...) so one night I decided I would see what all the hubub was about...

The first thing I ever looked up on the internet and saw as if I was standing there.... was the Northern Lights... They will always amaze me...

edit on 17-1-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

The first time I ever saw them was on Hogmanay (New Years Eve) in Aberdeen. I thought the drink had gone to my eyes!!

Gorgeous photos, fluff, really beautiful.

S&F

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing!!!
I have a folder that I save all the amazingly awesome photos of the sky and all it's wonders I find on the net.
Now I have a few more additions!

Living up here in Canada, every once in a while I catch a glimpse of the beautiful aura borealis. Even living in the city of Calgary, which I reside, this one time at my buddy's house we're out smoking in the back yard, and it must have been a solar storm or something, cuz we watched just a sliver of green slither across the night sky..
It was awesome.
edit on 17-1-2014 by SalientSkivvy because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-1-2014 by SalientSkivvy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Awesome! I have never seen this before, but would be willing to pay much and travel far to see them even once.
Is that something that happens often there? is it something that one can predict beforehand?

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Astounding, what a wonderful planet we have been blessed with.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
WOW!

Thanks for the new animated background pics

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Those are absolutely gorgeous photos!

Thank you so much!!
xx

edit on 17-1-2014 by sugarmonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Beautiful pictures.
Thanks for sharing them with us all!

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Hey fluff instead of building a super villain fan, which would cost a ton and probably violate several zoning laws you could try to rig one of these up. It could get you above the clouds and and your camera doesnt have to be super amazing. I added the two black lines to imply the camera is pointed at a 45 degree tilt to observe the sky instead of straight down like this was set up for.

www.paulillsley.com...

Since I live out in the country I would probably use two fishing poles for my tether retrieval system.

Heck there are even plans on how to get a camera in space floating around.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor...

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Bluesma
Awesome! I have never seen this before, but would be willing to pay much and travel far to see them even once.
Is that something that happens often there? is it something that one can predict beforehand?

I know in Alaska they have tours for seeing the Northern Lights and yes, they can be predicted beforehand..

A timelapse of the Aurora Borealis, Northern Lights, over Eureka, Alaska on March 16, 2013. Taken with a Canon 5D Mark III and 24mm f/1.4 and 70-200 f/2.8 lenses. Compiled from 3800 images, with exposures between 2 seconds and 30 seconds.

Totally awesome!

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 03:27 AM
link   
That looks awesome fluff!

I have been dogsledding at North Cape for some time and have been watching northern light a lot, but those pictures are incredible!

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Stunning!

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Thanks for sharing. Absolutely awesome!!

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Breathtaking photos. You can see more photos (from Iceland) on this facebook page www.facebook.com...

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Seeing the Northern Lights is on my bucket list. Unfortunately, getting to see them is out of my hands and is just a 'luck of the draw' kind of thing. If I was healthy, I'd be booking an Alaskan or Norwegian cruise to the arctic in the Fall so I could see them. But since I'm stuck at home ... I just have to hope to be able to see them someday ....

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join