It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate report: Attacks on U.S. compounds in Benghazi could have been prevented

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
This appeared in the Washington Post 3 hours ago - "The bipartisan report lays out more than a dozen findings regarding the assaults on Sept. 11 and 12, 2012, on a diplomatic compound and a CIA annex in the Libyan city of Benghazi. It says the State Department failed to increase security at its diplomatic mission despite warnings and faults intelligence agencies for not sharing information about the existence of the CIA outpost with the U.S. military."

How many attacks will happen and how many more will have to die because the "Attack could have been prevented".

I do NOT believe in intelligence failure on this magnitude, just as i do not believe that the first WTC centre and 9/11 were intelligence failures either. They want the world to believe that this kind of incompetence is REALLY allowed to happen.??
If its the truth, and im saying IF, and they didn't listen to the warnings - then why the hell do these people even have a job.

Why not just close down the intelligence networks and put the billions they waste every year BACK into the system, because they dont stop the attacks anyway !!

It's always the same, "X" didn't tell "Y" that "Q" was going to try and kill everyone in the embassy because "X" doesnt like to share his intel, because the last time "X" shared his intel with "Y", "Y" flipped "X"'s terrorist, got a promotion and a new car....
When the FU*K are these bastards going to understand they're playing with peoples lives.

edit on PM3Wed20141972 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   

andy1972
Why not just close down the intelligence networks and put the billions they waste every year BACK into the system, because they dont stop the attacks anyway !!

It's always the same, "X" didn't tell "Y" that "Q" was going to try and kill everyone in the embassy because "X" doesnt like to share his intel, because the last time "X" shared his intel with "Y", "Y" flipped "X"'s terrorist, got a promotion and a new car....
When the FU*K are these bastards going to understand they're playing with peoples lives.

edit on PM3Wed20141972 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

From my experience, governments do know, governments do share the intel and governments are the biggest terrorists. They do know know they are playing with people's lives and they don't care because it involves the "bigger" picture in which they are embroiled through greed, extortion or agenda with the money power. I have heard it before, collateral damage, acceptable losses, etc. when there is a target on a plane or a shipment that shouldn't get to where it's going. One hundred, two hundred or more people die in a fiery crash while dropping for 5 minutes through the air in absolute terror, this is what governments do to remain in power, they use fear and then denounce the operation as being caused by someone else. They play the Hegelian Dialectic and Delphi Technique as instrumental vehicles to manipulate social and political change in order to shift ever increasing amounts of power and control in their own direction and away from the people they are supposed to represent, for the benefit of their handlers.

What a lot of people do not understand is that the PTB's agendas work on multiple generational time lines. You are programmed to look within the period of your life, get to that retirement so you can stop but force you to maintain the system so that your retirement will provide a life for you until you die. These wankers look forward, 100, 200 or more years and indoctrinate their spawn to follow the same plan. If it isn't accomplished in their lifetime, it doesn't matter as long as their prodigy accomplishes the goal somewhere down the line.

People will always die, but it would be nice if they all died naturally without the intervention of poisons in our pharmaceuticals, food supply, fuel and of course through the misadventures of war that only feeds the rich and kills everyone else. Nothing will change until people take a stand, and actually stand.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 1/15.2014 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/15.2014 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Hip hip hooray. Captain Hindsight to the rescue.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Yes chances are it could have been prevented. But seeing how they cut the budget for security the funding just wasn't there.

Joe Biden says Paul Ryan cut embassy security by $300 million

Both parties share the blame in this the Republicans control the House Appropriations Committee who came up with the idea to cut the funding and Democrats because Obama signed it.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
We knew that within a week after it happened. I don't know why this had to be dragged through the coals over and over to get congress to say that it could have been prevented. They asked for more security there and nobody sent it. Duh, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand that they need to have more security in those places where terrorists are around. Instead congress allows a few dozen more upper management positions for the Homeland Security agency who is burning up all the money now.

S&F for giving me something to bitch about.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Paul Ryan..A single US Congressman..second guessed the day to day immediate decision making of staffing and security at a specific State Department Compound in Libya?

As I've clearly understood this from reading the volume of original papers and cables between Benghazi, Tripoli and Washington....it was very much request by request on the handling and logic for refusals. Repeated refusals. They were told the local militia security would be perfectly sufficient.

Among those men is the one the dead staffer texted out having recognized from their security detail as being a part of the attack itself.

Somehow, I don't think that local cost cutting measure panned out so well for the people that got cut. A few Marines may have done wonders ....given how much a couple CIA contractors managed to do without support, later that night.
edit on 15-1-2014 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1972

I think you title is a little .... less than eye catching.

It should read:

That Lying B...H Hillary Clinton is caught AGAIN!!!!!!

"What does it matter" she screamed at congress. remember.....

Americans died, it was a terroist attack and SHE COULD HAVE PREVENTED THE DEATHS

That is what matters MRS Clinton. Take you and your lying husband and go FAR FAR Away!

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Paul Ryan..A single US Congressman..second guessed the day to day immediate decision making of staffing and security at a specific State Department Compound in Libya?

No the person that denied the request for more security was Charlene Lamb.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Who... did not have the authority to make that decision, correct?

the only one who could do that-Lame Butt was too busy golfing or basketballing. Or partying it up that night back up stairs.

I am waiting for the picture of Lame Butt and all of his hemroids sitting around the Situtation room looking at another screen in a FAKED photo op----- like they did with the OBL killing. Remember.

I still laugh at the folks on here that try to destroy that one. (especially when I show them the proof-which I have in one of my threads somewhere if any takers want to dance on that issue? Anyone.... I'll wait.
edit on 1/15/2014 by anon72 because: To add content

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Still waiting.....

I am surprised this thread died so quickly.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Actually, ultimate day to day authority for decisions on an outpost like Benghazi were with Hillary Clinton as Secy State. The attack was at Obama's level....but the record shows attacks on all kinds of things around the city of Benghazi and other nations getting their staffs out of the area while shutting down facilities had been going on for months. Literally months.... This was a failure within the very system and over a length of time. It ended the night of the over-run and destruction ..It definitely didn't start there.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   

buster2010
Yes chances are it could have been prevented. But seeing how they cut the budget for security the funding just wasn't there.

Joe Biden says Paul Ryan cut embassy security by $300 million

Both parties share the blame in this the Republicans control the House Appropriations Committee who came up with the idea to cut the funding and Democrats because Obama signed it.

Maybe, Yes, Just Maybe you should Read your own links.

Cuts from Ryan’s proposed budget

The Obama administration’s Office of Management and Budget has run the numbers in the Ryan budget and argues that it will cut non-defense discretionary spending as a whole by 19 percent between 2013 and 2014. A 19 percent cut to a $2.64 billion line item works out to just over $500 million -- even more than the number Biden cited.

Leaving aside whether this percentage is accurate, using it in this context is problematic. First, it’s not an immediate cut -- according to OMB, the 19 percent cut would happen in the second year of Ryan’s budget, with the first year representing a 5 percent cut.

Joe Biden say's Paul Ryan Cut Embassy Security Budget
FAIL!
Another Obama Administration Lie, But that shouldn't Surprise anyone, They haven't Told The Truth in 6 years, Why expect any of them to now!
It's always some one else's fault.

edit on 16-1-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-1-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

top topics

join