It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexico on the brink of civil war?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   

StoutBroux

Nephalim
I don't see how this is a good thing.

How could it not be. Should the people continue to be robbed of opportunity, exposed to horrific crimes and oppression? It's unfortunate that the good people's blood will also be spilled but that is what happens in revolutions. It's called sacrificing for the good of the people. Something many Americans have forgotten all about. And there are MILLIONS of people around the world that wish they were doing the very same thing as those upstanding citizens.

Are you from Mexico? Have family there or, maybe even mexican blood? any of that? Wait, lets open it up more, do you live in a border state even?
edit on 16-1-2014 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 12:38 AM
link   
The situation down there keeps getting worse and worse it seems.

Just the other day, the Government got into a firefight with some of the vigilantes.

Mexico forces clash with vigilantes fighting cartel

NUEVA ITALIA, Mexico — The Mexican military and vigilantes clashed early Tuesday as soldiers tried to disarm groups who say they are fighting a local crime cartel.

Apparently, the government opened fire on civilians.

A spokesman for the vigilantes said the military opened fire on civilians and killed four people, including an 11-year-old girl. But the Attorney General’s Office said it could not confirm any casualties.

“They opened fire on civilians. How it that justified?” Beltran told MVS radio.

Here's a video from yesterday that apparently was filmed while the vigilantes fight with one of the cartels and also arrest some of the police/government forces.

ETA - When I said "the situation keeps getting worse and worse", this is what I mean. Here's a video near the border from a few years ago. The guy is filming a firefight between the government and a cartel (from a safe distance). Nothing seems to stop the fighting. This has been going on for over 7 years now.

edit on 16-1-2014 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 04:45 AM
link   

muse7

In these newly occupied towns the citizen militia have disarmed and detained local police, claiming that both police and government forces are corrupt

Everyone should read and understand this line.

The sooner everyone realises the power is in our hands the sooner we can rid the world of the scum that has us by the nutsack

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Its sad people support paramilitary, how do you think they will finance their campaign? bullets aint free, they will start dealing with drugs too, and soon the freedom fighters will be just one cartel more, this happened in Colombia too, the AUC formed to fight the FARC and ELN with great popular support, after some time they were more ruthless drug dealers than the FARC

AUC
edit on 16-1-2014 by Indigent because: redundancy

-----------

So they capture police officer and deem them corrupt, is that something to celebrate?

They will capture civilians too, brand them cartel supporters and execute them.

Are you people really proud of this?
edit on 16-1-2014 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Man I want in on this....how liberating....Any Mexican villages looking to recruit..im in....id love to see them take back their cities and my offer is serious....id be there in a heartbeat to help. I think if they start winning many of the politicians wont be as scared to stand up to evil as well. There are alot of good people there that are just understandably scared. PM if you need help haha im in!

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigent

At what point do you say enough is enough? Look at America even....I believe we have enough right to attempt to overthrow the government by what the NSA has done alone....Of course I dont want to see that. Id love to avoid violence and the fact is...Americans voted for this # so I dont have as much sympathy here. We can only hope some oversight is put in place...if we even trust it.

I worked with several people from Mexico awhile back and the stories they had were very sad. They miss their country..many would rather be back there but their options are better here financially. Mexico is a great and beautiful country that is way more rotten and corrupt than anything i've seen here.

And of course....with anything like this..there will be revolutionaries that are just as bad if not worse, but for them to make a stand..after years of corruption and absolutely nothing being done....how empowering, it is worth the risk.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by cosmicexplorer

I wonder how many countries with paramilitary/guerrilla are truly better than what they were before the discontent started. many African countries are a good example.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Indigent
reply to post by cosmicexplorer

I wonder how many countries with paramilitary/guerrilla are truly better than what they were before the discontent started. many African countries are a good example.

You are absolutely right there....but I think Mexico has more infrastructure to transition more efficiently after. Also this seems to be one town fighting back...there are a few stories here and there of towns gathering their citizens and fighting back. This is people like you and me who have finally had enough. Imagine living in a town like this ran by a gang? I think it is very brave what they are doing. We can only hope the intentions of the community are good, because I dont see how it can get any worse.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Has anyone who actually lives in Mexico posted in this thread?

I know in the past the US media made it look like Mexico was in a war zone fighting the cartels(which we now know at least one is armed by the US) when in reality the violence was isolated in a few cities. I do think the violence is getting worse and more widespread, hence the citizens taking up arms and forming militias.

It will be interesting to hear from someone who is currently in Mexico.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I'm sure the U.S. government will see the time is right to switch from supporting the cartels to selling arms to the rebelling people.

Hopefully, as others have said, they succeed in both liberating themselves AND in not becoming their own new tyranny.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   

UnmitigatedDisaster
I'm sure the U.S. government will see the time is right to switch from supporting the cartels to selling arms to the rebelling people.

Hopefully, as others have said, they succeed in both liberating themselves AND in not becoming their own new tyranny.

I think whoever is in the business of selling arms will sell to both sides, and are likely already doing that.

Given the current US administration's track record, I foresee using this as a reason to demonize the 2nd Amendment.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by WonderBoi

I asked if anyone actually LIVES in Mexico, and i get my question removed for thread drifting? Well, let me tell you why i asked. It's because i ACTUALLY LIVE HERE! You're all WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY OFF, regarding what's going on, HERE, in Mexico; where i've been living, for the past 16 years of my life!

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by freakjive

Ummm...WOW...I cant wait to see that happening here in the States...We could take back all of our communities from the corrupt local and Fed criminals...place them all in lockdown...it sure was nice of them to build all of them Fema-camp/prisons so we could house them while they await the gallows.........

.........I mean trial.

From the top down or the bottom up.......does it really make a difference???

YouSir

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by WonderBoi

Could you possibly clarify what's going on in Mexico then? It would be great to have this topic added to by someone who lives there.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Silicis n Volvo

Ummm....ONLY...if you affirm the..."Right to Keep and Bear Arms"...and affirm it with more than commentary...

It sure looks like these people are accepting their responsibility and..........BEING...the change.

Bravo...

YouSir

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Mexican American here and have a home in Mexicali, BC but only there on weekends that being said I can tell you that there will not be a revolution to the likes of what is being commented here. Another point is that they are not vigilantes but rather vigilant armed people, perhaps on the brink of taking an offensive but until now they have been only vigilant. The difference is one who engages in offensive maneuvering and the other is only acting in self-defense more or less. It was the federal government who allowed this to happen in a rather ill conceive strategy that is now backfiring. Also Mexico is a big country, a third the size in terms of population to the U.S., so this is a small group relatively speaking but I can understand how it is misinterpreted as some kind of bigger movement. There is another thread that talks about the recent confirmation of the DEA involvement with the Sinaloa cartel and this is all connected. First a revolution will not happen because the country is actually very stable and this kind of violence and confrontations are limited to the areas where the last remaining cartels or cartels spin-offs are fighting federal forces. A single cartel is emerging and consolidating power and more than likely supporting groups like the one Michoacán. The remaining cartels are fighting a U.S and Mexico supported Sinaloa Cartel and they are engaging in crimes like extortion, kidnaping just about anything to bring in revenue since the Sinaloa Cartel is taking over all the routes to the U.S which is where the money is at. The federal government let off the gas with the new administration and now they are paying the price with this PR nightmare during a time that the future actually looks bright for Mexico.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Since the drug cartels have been around for years uncontrolled then the below is probably true

In these newly occupied towns the citizen militia have disarmed and detained local police, claiming that both police and government forces are corrupt and in league with the cartels.

Go watch the Charles bronsen death wish series its story of a man push too far by criminals and becomes a vigilante. So the good people of Mexico have had enough and become vigilantes. The cartels are not afraid of cops but they will be terrified of vigilantes.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
So long as the is an illegal demand there will always be criminal cartels. I doubt these guys would be any better than the other. Nice to see how the AK's crop up! I have heard more than once that more parts kits existed in Mexico than the US but who knows if that is true or not.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   
This isn't Aghanistan where did these Mexicans suddenly find massive caches of weapons?

<< 1  2    4 >>

join