It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexico on the brink of civil war?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
People have to wake from their slumber, BEFORE any "civil war" occurs.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jrod

Among other things, this is one of those moments where realizing "The Government" isn't a couple million like minded automatons, working from a hive mind and single set of instructions ...is absolutely critical, IMO.

CIA has been in the middle of this since the 80's at least, when Reagan had them directly assist creating the Mexican national version of the Central Intelligence Agency with American style resources and abilities. The DEA has, largely, been on the OTHER side of this and actually fighting it. Dead agents don't get dead by being 'on-board' with those who murder them horribly....and the cartels had (past tense, it seems) a VERY VERY special place for hatred toward DEA.

Now, it's hard to say what the heck is happening..... Is every DEA Agent onboard with supporting killers and scum within the cartels? Absolutely, positively, 100% not. I dunno about CIA... I think they trade in their old mind and conscience for a newly issued one before they get their ID cards there.......

I only say all this because if we blindly say "The Government did it!" that, once more, feeds into the "Everyone is to blame so no one is to blame" B.S. we were introduced to for collective 'free pass' to officials a few years ago. It's coming to become a national value and it's a horrible thing to see .... If NO ONE is to blame for anything, because "they're all in on it"? Well..what further evils will come under that total free ride on accountability?

WHO...in CIA has done this? WHO ..in DEA has betrayed everything they swore to uphold? Which civilian leaders, specific to prosecution....allowed or ordered this? I'm a details kinda bunny..and so much of the focus now seems to seek to ignore details for one big happy America-Bash.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
This is apart of the cosmic energy balance thats been slowly changing. It reflects in society through politics and ecnomics and popular thought.

Notice how the west slowly becomes more authoritarian and economically repressed while the other side slowly becomes less of that.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

And this is why we have those fema camps.

My prediction here.

When the fighting starts and people start to flee.

The fema camps will open up and house people displaced by the fighting.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Bravo Bravo to Mexico. Finally taking action...well at least brought to my attention. The problem has been and always will be that the cartel will target your family and what's most important to you. If you can live with the consequences and sacrifice the now for a better future then it can succeed. The problem with the police is they are outgunned, they get paid much more & they don't have to worry about death to them or in the family.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   

grey580
reply to post by muse7

Mexican citizens have been fleeing this chaos for decades,

All fueled by America's ass-backwards cluster f@#$ that is prohibition.

US intakes drug cartels product faster than they produce, while making deals and providing arms to certain cartels, over others, who immediately use said arms to secure their position.

Citizenry flees the nation in droves for the relative safety the US provides.

It is a vicious self feeding cycle, managed by greedy idiot criminals, Both in the cartels and in government on both sides of the boarder.

And sadly who would of thought Mexican Citizens would stand bravely up to corruption, not just to government, but to vicious family murdering cartels...

Maybe we should pass the home of the brave title over eh?

All before we US citizens stopped the madness that is prohibition.
edit on 15-1-2014 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   

grey580
reply to post by muse7

And this is why we have those fema camps.

My prediction here.

The fema camps will open up and house people displaced by the fighting.

That is a scenario that makes sense to me.
But then there are those that deny the existence of the FEMA camps.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

Or the camps could be for the immediate family of service members.

They are in no way large enough or widespread enough to be for everyone.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

I don't think they will lose as much as you think, sure they will lose some but they are business men, they will keep their hands in the cookie jar

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Sremmos80

Don't get me wrong, there is still the "meth" trade (Breaking Bad?), and I'm not saying the cartels and shady deals will disappear completely, but it's very crippling to their operations. Then there is the U.S. government and their involvement supplying weapons etc, how much longer will that go on now? They will soon be losing an entire product line, one that obviously has been in HUGE demand. That's a pretty big blow IMO, but I guess only time will tell.
edit on 15-1-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Goddammit Mexico!!!! You're making me proud.

Well done for taking a stand and acting on your concerns.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Having some familiarity with the way things are done in Mexico, I would say that those trying to take charge of their local areas are asking for trouble. Everything in Mexico is corrupt from the top down. The poor have nothing to lose, everybody else that makes a peso does. The cartels keep Mexico afloat with the billions they bring in and the people they pay to allow them to continue business. The Mexican government will have to stop those public militias because they will be hampering the real business of Mexico and a goodly part of that is "supporting" public officials.

No one seems to understand that the drug war from this country has been allowed to fail miserably in its promise because it must be ineffective for the sake of a stable Mexico. Cut off those dollars walking across the border and Mexico sinks into genuine chaos. And the starving citizens will start walking north. And our deep-hearted prez will give them all refugee rights, plus, will ship a few hundred billions of dollars south to Mexico to prop up some form of government. --You know the drill on that score, we've done in Afghanistan and elsewhere.

The bottom line is that right now, the drug users in this country are keeping Mexico afloat via their dollars going south to the cartels. Remove those billions of dollars and Mexico falls. Then we, the US taxpayers, would have to pick up the pieces of our neighbor. Believe me, I like going to Mexico and the ordinary Mexican people that I've met, but their own system at present depends heavily upon that drug money flowing south, and the Mexican government will not want any citizens taking it upon themselves to bring law and order to even their smallest communities because that popular uprising could spread. it did once, and it could happen again.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000
reply to post by jrod

Among other things, this is one of those moments where realizing "The Government" isn't a couple million like minded automatons, working from a hive mind and single set of instructions ...is absolutely critical, IMO.

CIA has been in the middle of this since the 80's at least, when Reagan had them directly assist creating the Mexican national version of the Central Intelligence Agency with American style resources and abilities. The DEA has, largely, been on the OTHER side of this and actually fighting it. Dead agents don't get dead by being 'on-board' with those who murder them horribly....and the cartels had (past tense, it seems) a VERY VERY special place for hatred toward DEA.

Now, it's hard to say what the heck is happening..... Is every DEA Agent onboard with supporting killers and scum within the cartels? Absolutely, positively, 100% not. I dunno about CIA... I think they trade in their old mind and conscience for a newly issued one before they get their ID cards there.......

With most arms of the US government, one hand truly does not know what the other is doing. There are many DEA agents who signed up to fight the good fight. I'm not exactly sure how one becomes a CIA agent, but they all can not be bad either. Sometimes the ABC agencies get caught in each others crossfire.

DEA agents being killed, sometimes brutally was and is often the result of them going deep undercover and betraying those who they built trust with. They signed up to fight for what they taught was right, but I doubt most of them were fully aware of the consequences when they volunteer to go deep under cover.

I think the downfall of many conspiracy theorist is they give the government way too much credit. There are much more powerful corporations and groups than the US government, no doubt about it.

Some very crazy things are happening in Mexico and it has been in the works for a very long time. I do not think those pulling the strings counted on the Mexican people to take up arms.

I support the Mexicans for having the cojones to stand up for their country.
edit on 15-1-2014 by jrod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   

grey580
reply to post by muse7

It's been a slow train coming, but it's getting here. I'm not the only one who saw this coming and encouraged it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

People won't flee. They will fight. There's only so much sh*t people will take.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Personally, I find this to be both scary, and amazing. Scary in the sense that it is so close to home. I guess I fear the cartel's will run this way, with the protection of our government of course. They are already here, but in smaller numbers, albeit very powerful. We do not need the "big boy's" here as well, dutifully protected by the alphabet agencies.

Amazing in the sense that the citizen's of Mexico are standing up and doing something for themselves, when their government obviously has been corrupted by money from the cartel's, just the same as our government has. CIA, DEA, and any other agencies that come to mind, do not act without some form of oversight or cooperation from our elected officials.

Amazing, in my mind, in that we can learn and maybe even help our southern friends. Imagine if we American's started tying up the wheels of congress and the government as a whole, by using civil disobedience and non-violent resistance to pressure our government to stay out of Mexico's business,
our alphabet agencies from their involvement with the cartel's in Mexico and elsewhere, and force Congress to provide REAL oversight of these rogue agencies. If they fail to cooperate with Congress, defund their activities. If Congress fails to cooperate, vote them all out, and start over.

Clogging up the phones and emails of congress, everybody who owes taxes asking for extensions at tax time, and other ideas that impede the government from functioning easily are a start. There are others here who could come up with much better ideas than I, and I would love to hear those suggestions.

Now I'll go back to my beer, and maybe another one or two.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   

727Sky
When you have corrupt police, military, and government officials on the take from the cartels who turn a blind eye to the suffering of the local people what are they supposed to do; bend over and take it?

Uh,
Sorry,
I was trying to figure out if it was Mexico or the US that you were talking about.

I got it now.
Carry on.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   
This is an encouraging turn of events......I heard about the Mormons at war with the cartels....(theres a bunch in Mexico)
But have been awaiting the moment that the people of Mexico took up arms......
Now i have hopes the example will be emulated in America...................

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   

jrod
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

There has been a lot of speculation that the drug war and being helped by the US. Things really started to heat up when the US started backing a certain cartel. There has been a lot of speculation that a certain powerful cartel is getting armed by the CIA/DEA, so essentially the Mexican people are also fighting covert US operatives.

War brings profits, so do drugs. By keeping certain drugs illegal the street value skyrockets. I think there is a vested interest by certain very powerful entities to keep the drug war alive. It is a messed up situation that essentially funnels tax payer money, sales from weapons, and sales from drugs to a few elite interests.

According to the business insider, the DEA has sided with the Sinaloa cartel.

www.businessinsider.com...

They also banned Monsanto gmo corn.

truthfarmer.com...

If they start banning rothschild-banks, I'm illegally immigrating there.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I don't see how this is a good thing.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Nephalim
I don't see how this is a good thing.

How could it not be. Should the people continue to be robbed of opportunity, exposed to horrific crimes and oppression? It's unfortunate that the good people's blood will also be spilled but that is what happens in revolutions. It's called sacrificing for the good of the people. Something many Americans have forgotten all about. And there are MILLIONS of people around the world that wish they were doing the very same thing as those upstanding citizens.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join