It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The aliens we DON'T want to meet

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by the owlbear

oh indeed you are correct the point i was making with them was they would have done it regardless of their
intentions due to the illness they brought to south america.
gold or not the tribes were doomed the minute the first Spaniard set foot ashore there.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
How about a refugee species situation?
I won't chase down awesome pics and links like the OP, but there have been several sci-fi references to a scenario where sentient beings from afar travel here for survival after catastrophy befell their homeworld. Alien Nation. Superman. Brother from Another Planet. District 9? (Great movie regardless).

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by the owlbear

same apply s.

if they got here they are more advanced than us so what can we do other than provide a place to land
and resources.

if their numbers were small OUR military be it US NATO china or whoever would be falling over themselves
to steal their tech thus starting a conflict.
and again there is the issue of disease we and they will be carrying nasties that are harmless in their native
environment but if they cross over will cause havoc.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
thinking about it there is a lot to be said for H G Wells

i think the war of the worlds may well be quite close to the truth of a large scale
arrival of off worlders.

ETA prey that IF any off worlders turn up they have rules and morals with their version of the prime directive
and stay the hell away until contact can be made on a more level playing field.
edit on 15/1/14 by ShayneJUK because: to add

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

It was pretty naïve i suppose...unless of course, those who designed the plaque (was it Sagan or Clarke?) knew that those who might find it were benevolent?

A wild speculation, but there have been rumours that they were possibly among those 'in the know' as far as ET life goes..it's a possibility they had reason not to be too worried.

Besides..any sufficiently advanced race, able to travel the stars using physics and technology we have yet to discover, would already see our planetary emmisions...so the plaque was probably fairly insignificant as a signpost anyway.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by data5091

Couldn't agree more with your post.

Being that we are now aware of the astoundingly huge numbers of exo-planetary systems, the chances for infinite variety in the types of life out there, both sentient and otherwise are increasing almost daily.

I wouldn't be surprised if there are species that are entirely machine based, and not necessarily hardware based either. Imagine nanotech..say a thousand years from now.

Bodies or physical forms would probably not be used or needed...machines so microscopic the might seem to us as forms of pure, ethereal energy, able to instantly manifest into anything at will.

I'd imagine such a species, if curious about us, would present themselves as something we could recognise as a physical entity.

These could be the greys, the reptilians and the nordics all by themselves!

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Actually it more of the other way around. They should be very afraid of us. Think the movie Avatar. We always, ALWAYS have one thing on the agenda and it's $$$$$$.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by frugal

If they can GET here...no point in trying to be careful. I think a lot of folks arent getting that. Their impression of contact and "disclosure" is all "kum-ba-ya" arms around each other "We welcome you in PEACE!".

With obvious superior EVERYTHING...we'd be in trouble. But, I dont think we've got anything they want that they cant get elsewhere on zillions of other places in all the universes.

They wont want our minerals from this small planet, dont want to eat us, or make us...or need us for that matter... to be slaves.

I think its BEYOND us "being careful". With all or 50 some years of radio transmissions...its already too late for us to "be careful". They know where we are.

Theyve always known, and because they are already here as well.
edit on 09-22-2013 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   

HawkeyeNation
Actually it more of the other way around. They should be very afraid of us. Think the movie Avatar. We always, ALWAYS have one thing on the agenda and it's $$$$$$.

So...Disney's Pocohantas with fancy 3d and some stupid thing called unobtanium means that sentient beings should be afraid of us?
The Chinese should be afraid since Cameron compared his turd movie to "The Godfather" and claims to want to film three more. Just think of all of the cheap Chinese junk to tie into this will be made with no environmental concern. But hey Happy meal toys!!!

May the Alien overlords deliver us!

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

It was Sagan. His son is one of the voices on the record.
Clarke was an Englishman. No need for that in a NASA project. Just Nazis.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Regarding the point about alien refugees brings to mind the book "Footfall" where earth is invaded by aliens that look like baby elephants. While not much more technologically superior they did hold the high ground in space and dropped asteroids on us as well as other kinetic weapons.

FWIW they we're looking for a new home and ours fit the bill.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
All of the possible cultures that you mention could very well be representations of Earth's various cultures and communities.

Who will be the first nation to send out a manned ship to the nearest star and eventually make contact? It could be a communist country, a Christian one, a Muslim one or atheist, or some new amalgamation of cultures that we haven't thought up yet.

I think WE are the biggest threat to peaceful alien contact whenever and wherever that may be. We are unpredictable, error prone and inherently selfish; also, the group/country to make first contact would see it as a badge of honour, to be able to proclaim their first alien convert?

A communist Alien perhaps?

Personally, I think Earthlings (us), will develop star ships an initiate alien contact before it comes here. And the possibility of a conflict would be a risk that we would create, rather than the alien.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Somehow it would not matter which ET actually stopped by to say Hello, Take, Invade.

We would shot it down first, then ask questions later. We would start the war, period. Gotta have that Ship for part's and the first to have the parts would be on top of the game.

What a mess it would be. No matter Who stopped by! Just think if God did actually come in a ship to save us. We would have shot it down first anyways! Dame the Luck!

Peace

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Thecakeisalie

It can ALL* be associated with long ago set in play processes that include what is labeled here as species and maturity of a species. Over periods the experience of "feeling" alone and being encountered-remind that that is not so and it may have been processes associated with potential encounters both benevolent and malevolent in their past. Somewhat like how things work.

It seems odd if all the considered by humans GOD(s)Angels-Demons/ET-ALIENS/ID-UD information is 100% inaccurate.
But if only a small percentage is TRUTH glimpses into objective reality, then its logical to consider that some of the CREATOR Creation family may wish not to interact in ways others may feel comfortable.

The enlighten process many seek...
@ times 1 wonders does it cause metaphysical & physical interactions not considered by some. Would many be so deep into seeking it if they knew there would be encounters with energies that may be perceived to be malevolent from immediate interaction, why seeking benevolent energies and data also? Would they seek if their Spirit was not prepared or strong enough to WILL balance of their existence after encounters?

FEAR process elimination may be needed to help prevent fear from unprotecting enlightened self field for may cause attractions unwanted that can or may affect the physical body and existence within. Going into deep meditative modes traveling encountering and bringing back unexpected energies -if not experienced on how not to-
(weird example but Nightmare on Elm street dream warriors astral group encounter astral energy that can manipulate reality and follows them out the ethereal into the physical)

OT again the process may be how things kind of work to encourage a species development advancement as it matures if it matures.
The Energy group or species develops advances eventually from encounters with more advanced and then interacts with less aware Energies/Species and keeps the cycle going teaching.

Mankind interacts w/some animals of EA*RTH, studies -test -consumes or Protects if endangered some species and some teaching even goes on with intelligent pets and advanced studying of intelligent animal perception of human information.

Interactions may be malevolent or benevolent perceived depending on interactions and outcomes of those being encountered
some w/ man man w/ animals-more aware w/ aware aware w/ less aware.

infoseeker26754
What a mess it would be. No matter Who stopped by! Just think if God did actually come in a ship to save us. We would have shot it down first anyways! Dame the Luck!

Peace

Hopefully THE would transmit a calming like frequency ray that calms the EA*RTH masses almost to a deep thinking stop and allows man time to see intentions of THE telepathically but in clear mental vision like daydream experienced by all of interest then after ray stopped mans actions afterwards would be clear as would THE...

NAMASTE*******

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   
This is Earth current mindset.
Earth Civilization

its true!

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Bassago
Regarding the point about alien refugees brings to mind the book "Footfall" where earth is invaded by aliens that look like baby elephants. While not much more technologically superior they did hold the high ground in space and dropped asteroids on us as well as other kinetic weapons.

FWIW they we're looking for a new home and ours fit the bill.

I feel the need to read this book. I have not heard of it till now. It reminds me of a dream I once had that was about "invasion" and warlike. SHTF and I lead people to this building/auditorium and one of the "ships" attached to the doorway. They entered, and came searching for me but I couldn't see what they looked like...just felt their presence. I went with, and they took me to this one...who reminded me of an elephant. it didn't have a trunk per se but it also had some type of clothing on. I felt it was presented to me this way so that I would not be so afraid??? So that my mind could process it...they were here to help.

I will have to read this now...synchronicity at work!

Thanks!

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   
If they started preaching this as truth, could you imagine they money they could justify spendying to protect us from these evil races? Move aside Al Queda... we have a more serious enemy.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   

I believe that the first contact will not be with a machine although surely a maching will be involved in the process.
First contact will be made rather via telepathic powers. Well, proven first contact because I think that contact has been made before, but we are of little interest to these beings because of our small intellect compared to theirs.
I also believe that we will achieve this contact with the help of a machine that will enhance our telepathic powers therefor catching their curiosity by our sudden evolution in that domain.
Think of how we would react if a colonie of ants would somehow figure out a way to communicate with us by using some sort of energy that would alter machines when placed next to an ant colony. We would be at first very intrigued but would soon lose interest with the colony, because they would be of no use for us except entertainment purposes and sheer curiosity.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   

I think the "Protoss" would be one of those Species wouldn't want to meet. The best way I can describe the Protoss is that they are the mix of brute strength and wit, they are the Vikings/Samurai in space. Some live for battle, while other can be somewhat more diplomatic. Out of all the three races in the Starcraft universe, they are the most technology advanced of all races, but their down fall is they cost a lot of resources to make.

Also, much of the Starcraft, if not all races were engineered from a so called ancient species, called the "Xel Naga". The protoss had much contact with them and were viewed as Gods by them, however, they ended up turning on their creators, and wiped out a good portion them. The only thing that came close to destroying the protoss, is the Zerg, which is another Xel Naga creation.

However, the help of Terrans, they ended up repelling the Zerg on their planet "Auir".
edit on 16-1-2014 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

O yea, I forgot to say they were also religious in some weird backward universe way.
edit on 16-1-2014 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   

The aliens we DON'T want to meet

Hello, my name is Staroth...have we met?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join