It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What fish to eat?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   

LUXUS
reply to post by BurningSpearess

Well farmed fish has more fat around the belly because it gets less exercise being crammed in a fish pool with the other fish, also its food is exclusively pellet/powders the farmer dumps in the water. I figure that water if tested would probably be classed polluted due to all the fish urinating and swimming in their own urine plus rotting fish pellets, used to keep a fish tank and know how smelly they can get! Considering the ocean is huge I bet that water is still better even considering pollution.

Well, I haven't had to rely on farmed fish -- yet -- but when you put it in these terms...eew...I can't say I blame you. I've definitely learned something here today. I need to educate myself more re: farm fishing. I've heard others around my area here mention local farmers w/natural large ponds &/or lakes where line fishing is used but yet there is a cost...

We prefer Maine lobster, Maryland crab, N. Atlantic shrimp, salmon, & haddock as of late. From reputable markets or restaurants...

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Went to supermarket, could not find any fish that was neither farmed or not tuna on their fresh fish counter.

Bought hake fillets pre-packed with details stating trawl caught in NE Atlantic (probably by a Spanish fishing vessel flying a red ensign!).

HoHum.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Shuftystick

Cooked them tonight, seasoned flour with a pinch or two of paprika, fried in quality organic virgin olive oil, served with roasted veggies and bacon bits couscous. Mmm, yummy and scrumptious.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Shuftystick
reply to post by Shuftystick

Cooked them tonight, seasoned flour with a pinch or two of paprika, fried in quality organic virgin olive oil, served with roasted veggies and bacon bits couscous. Mmm, yummy and scrumptious.

Paprika and flour...must try that, have a liking for spicy foods so would be right up my street.

Completely turned myself off of farmed fish since I have been reading about it. On average they have 2500-3000 fish crammed in those tubs and number one cause of death is oxygen stress which simply means there are so many fish there that they cant get enough oxygen.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join