It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Adamski's "Scout Ship" identified

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Urantia1111
reply to post by torsion

Um, just because somebody spotted something in a hardware store that resembles the Adamski craft doesn't mean it was hoaxed. No nail. No coffin.

No, the fact that it's obviously a model suspended in front of the camera means it was hoaxed. That somebody spotted an identical item in the hardware store just helps identify said object.

Here's one hovering above the ground. Note how it illuminates the road.

edit on 15-1-2014 by draknoir2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

It has been suggested that Adamski was not merely a hoaxer, but that he was in turn being hoaxed and used by Allen Dulles, CIA.

It's an interesting theory that does have some backing evidence. If that were true, maybe the "Friendship" folk were taken for a similar ride?

Here is another idea. What if the aliens themselves set up these 50s contactees knowing that they would be discredited? Then the propaganda is out: Contact with aliens is nuts. Now, having sufficiently discredited the very notion of contact, they can commence properly with their abduction program, starting with Barney and Betty Hill. So the 50s contactee phenomena was a piece of theater organized by the aliens themselves to prepare the way for what was to happen in the 60s with the real business of abduction?

I say this because people like T. Good argues that there is still some credibility in the Adamski story. Lou Zinstaag, for example, knew Adamski and T. Good and she always said that Adamski was the real thing. But she eventually abandoned him when things became a bit out of hand. Likewise with Meier - his is also a complex story and his fake ufo pictures are of a much lower quality than some of the more convincing ones.

One thing I am certain of is that these aliens are masters of deception; arch manipulators of the human psyche. Setting up Adamski and the Friendship people would be child's play for them, especially when they have mental control over their victims.

I am coming to see more and more of how this whole ufo business is a huge mind game played by the aliens. They never talk straight, they always use a highly sophisticated language of propaganda, theater and mental conditioning. Setting up Adamski etc. is exactly the kind of thing they would do to control how humans perceive them.
edit on 15-1-2014 by EnPassant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by EnPassant

Interesting, EnPassant. Worth mulling over. It might also be of note the mysttic background of Adamski.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Concerning the Frindship case. I am struck by the sincerity of people like Gaspere de Lama and Stefano Breccia. They seem to truly believe in their story. I suspect that they were dealing not with a colony of aliens proper, but with a colony of hybrids. What was the purpose of the whole saga? Was it an experiment in interacting with humans? Suppose you have a head honcho alien talking to a bunch of hybrids. Listen to what he says-

"This program, as you have already been told, will have 'Friendship' as its central theme. The time is coming when you hybrids will have to interact convincingly with the human world. You will have to live in this world and to learn its ways. To do this you must enter the various programs that have been developed to help you to learn.

You need to learn human ways and the best way to do this is to interact with them in a real way. You need to learn about their emotions, their unpredictable ways, their culture, their habits. You need to gain their trust, their loyalty, their love and their friendship. To this end we have initiated this program. You have all been hand picked for this learning experience and you have all, thanks to our breeding program, been psychically enhanced. You have the advantage and the power to insinuate yourselves into human society in a limited way and to gain experience of the human world. Fare well!"

... or words to that effect.

Ok, I don't really know if the Friendship case is real but if it is it is most likely hybrid centered.

All too often people forget that these aliens are sentient beings and are actively involved with the evolution of our consciousness of them. They use the language of myth and religion, symbolism and theatre, to control what we think of them. We should never underestimate their ability to manipulate how we perceive them.

One only has to look at how the Nazi propaganda machine worked. They used a highly religious and theatrical format; The torchlit marches, the elaborate rallies, the huge banners with swasticas on them, the Norse gods, the religious fervor of Hitler's speeches, the set pieces and so on.

The Nazis used this high language of theatre and religion so seduce a whole nation. This is the language the aliens are using with humanity. UFOs in the sky are pure theater. They promote the idea that they are gods. They are here to save humanity just as Hitler would save the German nation and create the Third Reich. The aliens will save us and usher in a new world - with them as our redeemers - yes indeed, Adamski's mysticism is typical of a lot of people who contact aliens.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   

torsion
Really?

source
Good find torsion. Either that's a match or else the alien ship designers bought a gas lantern from the Sears catalog to use as a model to design their space ships.
Even then it's still a match, though one might ask why the space ship needs a slot for the lantern handle?
I guess Joel Carpenter is still trying to find the other components like the part attached to the top and the ping-pong balls or whatever they are glued to the bottom, etc.

It's also interesting to see the resemblance in old sci-fi shows. Doesn't this flying saucer from the 1967-1968 TV show "The Invaders" look like Adamski's lantern model?

That's interesting what the Gut posted about Adamski possibly being a CIA operative. If the CIA built the model for Adamski to film I wonder if they had any influence over how the model for "The Invaders" came about.
edit on 15-1-2014 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
it sure does!!!!! Great show. I miss The Invaders.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
So flying saucers of the 50s were gasoline powered?

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   

EnPassant
...All too often people forget that these aliens are sentient beings and are actively involved with the evolution of our consciousness of them. They use the language of myth and religion, symbolism and theatre, to control what we think of them. We should never underestimate their ability to manipulate how we perceive them.

One only has to look at how the Nazi propaganda machine worked. They used a highly religious and theatrical format; The torchlit marches, the elaborate rallies, the huge banners with swasticas on them, the Norse gods, the religious fervor of Hitler's speeches, the set pieces and so on.

The Nazis used this high language of theatre and religion so seduce a whole nation. This is the language the aliens are using with humanity. UFOs in the sky are pure theater. They promote the idea that they are gods. They are here to save humanity just as Hitler would save the German nation and create the Third Reich. The aliens will save us and usher in a new world - with them as our redeemers - yes indeed, Adamski's mysticism is typical of a lot of people who contact aliens.

I'm not ready to start believing "hybrids" are an actuality. However, I do like the excerpted quote above and the food-for-thought ideas presented. Very nice, EnPassant.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Hmmmm there are rumors that alot of alien abduction cases are actually MKULTRA experiments

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   

torsion
Really?

Not that I don't think Adamski wasn't hoaxing, but that's not really a match. Close, though. And it suggests that the saucer might have been some kind of top for a lantern or water heater, or whatever. But realistically, it is not a match.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Remember this guy? Cedric Allingham, 1954 a year after Adamski's book I think, on the cover is the lamp/UFO and Adamski's alien 'drawing'. Allingham died shortly after in a sanatorium.

This is Cedric for those that may not know,

edit on 15-1-2014 by smurfy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   

The GUT
The following vid delves into the so-called 'Friendship Case' ...

Whew... that video was a sleeper...
i did connect two things though...

the group encounter with the Earthmen Italians and the Aliens that flew those domed saucers from underground bases is that their ~cause~ was Friendship,,,,
the USA 'Mercury' space program had one space flight named "Friendship7"....

i wonder is that is coincidence or Synchronicity... in that the Americans were purposely announcing their own Friendship motivation to those Italy based Aliens...(i forgot their pseudonym 'Fruir? Fhuir which has similar words in Arabic. Egyptian, Greek, Sanskrit and other languages...)

i give it a 6+ out of 10

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
The only logical answer is that Sears obviously modeled their lamp after the UFO.

Sorry try again you disinfo agents.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
"realistically" it's not a match but it will be a match if you add three ping-pong balls and a little glue.

I am pretty sure that he did some "mods" to the thing to create the final UFO...and that's how it looks like.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by torsion

Fantastic find...I love this type of scrutiny...thanks OP

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Blue Shift

torsion
Really?

Not that I don't think Adamski wasn't hoaxing, but that's not really a match.
Close, though. And it suggests that the saucer might have been some kind of top for a lantern or water heater, or whatever. But realistically, it is not a match.

Yes it is, the whole thing was humbug. Desmond Leslie, (co-writer...writer? with Adamski) and Patrick Moore were chummys. Cedric Allingham's ( AKA Patrick Moore) book came out of that, although Leslie did not write Patrick Moore's/Allingham's book, some one else did that, or at least made it readable. Patrick Moore/Allingham, or someone used Adamski's 'saucer' and 'alien' on the book cover.

As a disconnected footnote, Leslie is the guy that punched Bernard Levin live on TWTWTW.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   

NoRulesAllowed
"realistically" it's not a match but it will be a match if you add three ping-pong balls and a little glue.

I am pretty sure that he did some "mods" to the thing to create the final UFO...and that's how it looks like.

Again, the precision ain't that good, notice how one ball hangs a lot lower...ahem, than the other two, (of course you have to allow for them being aliens) I suppose.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   

torsion

micpsi
...that the resemblance was merely a coincidence -

Really?

source

It gets even better when you compare the famed Haunebu schematics which were clearly based off of Adamski's hoax photo's...

Two birds with one stone OP, goes to show what a house of cards many of the more fantastical claims in UFOlogy are built on.

Nice find

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by draknoir2

The match is very close. It is a pity because I always thought it was one of the coolest looking ufos! But does the fact that he faked things mean he faked everything? Adamski claimed he had contact with aliens on a psychic level before his physical encounters so maybe the fakery was just a way of trying to substantiate otherwise real things? I still have not thrown in the towel with him.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Many Thanks.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join