It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

David Icke - This clown is why I am hesitant to adhere to conspiracy theories! No end of stupidity.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by projectbane

Love him or hate him, David is controversial enough to always be in the mix somehow.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   

edit on 15-1-2014 by th3dudeabides because: duplicate

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   

angelchemuel
reply to post by Taggart

Did you get banned from the forum for not 'towing the party line' so to speak Taggart?
Just curious.
Rainbows
Jane

No, I believe it was on some conspiracy Facebook page.
I don't mind crazies as long as they are willing to debate rather than tell me how it is.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by uncommitted

Of course Savile was a member of the 'UK elite'! The Queen/Prince Phillip instructed him to try and sort out the problems between Charles and Diana. Why him? Straight from the horses mouth in 'Diana Her True Story' by Andrew Morton (and of course Diana herself).

I adore Icke, I'm of the opinion that the truth is often stranger than fiction.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   

paradisepurple

Of course Savile was a member of the 'UK elite'! The Queen/Prince Phillip instructed him to try and sort out the problems between Charles and Diana. Why him? Straight from the horses mouth in 'Diana Her True Story' by Andrew Morton (and of course Diana herself).

I adore Icke, I'm of the opinion that the truth is often stranger than fiction.

Well, there you go. You are entitled to your opinion of course, adoring anyone who wore a purple shell suit and thinks the Queen (and therefore Prince Charles - I can't remember Diana mentioning that in the book) being a reptilian is kind of a lifestyle choice.

You are of course though implying guilt through association as I mentioned before. It's well known that man knew the Royal Family. It's another stretch to imply they knew of his vile acts, but of course many will say that it was obvious he did and quite a few (stoked up by Icke) will say they were also complicit.

Your view of who is classed as 'elite' is interesting though - does anyone who has some connection with someone you feel is NWO a member of the 'elite' then? Or only the ones Icke tells you are?

ETA: This is all going a little off thread, apologies, but if this is the only thing people can raise as evidence Icke breaks the facts before anyone, it's not going very far, is it?
edit on 15-1-2014 by uncommitted because: ETA as per above

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Taggart

OK, thank you.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Note my use of 'UK Elite' in inverted commas as I was just quoting a term used by a previous poster. Not for me to decide who is the UK elite. But JS was obviously extremely close to the Royal family to be used in this manner.... And again, I ask, why? Why him? Not that I expected Charles & Diana to head to Relate of course... But Jimmy Savile as a marriage counsellor? Come on...

You say you can't remember Diana mentioning that in the book? I don't follow, what exactly don't you remember?

And I'm actually not saying this as 'proof' of anything to do with Icke's claims...As much as I enjoy reading his books I don't know what to believe... I just thought it relevant that I point out the 'proof' that you wanted regarding JS being a member of the 'UK Elite'.

I gather you were trying to be funny/sarcastic when you mention someone should be discredited because for one thing their choice of style is a shellsuit... Sorry but you failed...
edit on 15-1-2014 by paradisepurple because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Icke has been sticking to what he believes regarding our world, the true nature of it, the manipulation of the banking system, political ,media and military for over 30 years, numerous books ect , his talk presentations are selling out and the number of people attending his talks is growing.. I tell you what i would put my trust and life in his hands over any two faced corrupted lying cheating dubious politician,merchant banker, religious nutter ,(ALL), or military source any day of the week, why , because if you look deep enough at his writings and talks that span over 30 years there is a primary and collective resonate with what is and has been happening to not only our perception of reality and what we determine real but the OCCULT significance of it..Anyone with a understanding of the occult cannot fail to perceive that Icke and his primary research are in fact emanating from a primary source that is manipulating all walks of the political, banking, media, governmental and military and public systems and that this source is an occult one and so are its intelligence's who manipulate from the unseen.. Easy to ridicule and attack any thing purely from a basic ignorant generalization of any subject matter.. How many are aware or have experienced the occult practices , how many ridiculing Icke and his believes are basing this on a level of a similar 30 year investigation , research ect , of the entire subject matter he has researched???indeed how many would have stuck at it for over 30 years and waded through years of ridicule and character assassination attacks, not one....

This world has been and still is hell, this physical existence and the experiences it offers is nothing more than a vibratory illusion and that illusion has been successfully manipulated by those in far more occult knowledge, other dimensions, other realms of awareness, parallel universes , these are no longer the ammunition of those that attack Icke in fact based on recent utterings from those engaged in quantum mechanics ect , extra dimensions ect may very well be real and what matter of intelligence's may manifest therein.. science and indeed most if not all on here do not know all there is to know about our universe or others and those claiming they do are the ones who are mad... Icke has my attention and has for over 30 years why , for his passion and sincerity is priceless ,and his relentless in the face of the world has my admiration...

"Seek not to judge the unknown from anything you already know or take to be true.. rather seek out that unknown from your own experiences and intuition based on occult understandings and practices for therein lies the key to Ickes primary messages...

edit on 15/07/2010 by K-PAX-PROT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Besides the NWO slant, I don't see anything particularly conspiratorial about his talks. As for the Reptilians, it seems Icke is trying to explain the nature and origin of demons, and we know how much speculation is attached to those things. Calling them extraterrestrials is a bit sci-fi for my taste, but at least he clarified that they're formless and not reptilian by nature. I sort of wish he'd chosen a different name for them. Then he wouldn't look like he's going on about literal lizard men.

edit on 15-1-2014 by EllaMarina because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   

I feel like I have to defend the guy because I've evidently listened to him more than you have and therefore can share some insight into where he is pulling these things from.

I must admit - I strongly agree with a few things Icke has said; regarding how the body interacts with the universe, the current global situation (to an extent) and some other little things. He IS actually clued up to these things, so he has some element of rationality about him.

I don't agree with his moon/Saturn theories at all, but he did point me to some interesting facts I probably would've not found out about. The Reptilian thing is a different story, because I see clearly where he got the 'concept' of an Inter-dimensional entity from, but the addition of the 'reptilian' description has completely jeopardised his hope of having a large percentage of people listen to him. If he had simply claimed it was angels/demons etc he would probably get a lot less stick.

But for the sake of your sanity regarding this (why does it bother you so much?), let me explain how he arrived at this conclusion. Firstly, that fortune teller story is nonsense. Icke has said numerous times himself that his real 'journey' started when he took Ayahuasca; so lets take a deeper look at that.

Ayahuasca is an ancient 'substance' (actually a brew that allows oral digestion of the active ingredient of Ayahuasca - which I can't discuss on here...) that was employed by witch doctors and shamans alike. It is the most powerful hallucinogenic known to man. Rick Straussman's (Harvard Prof. Of Psychology) book; 'The Spirit Molecule', was based around his conducting of the ONLY official study ever done on a certain shamanic substance, and a significantly large (over 60%-70% I believe) proportion of the subjects reported contact with either 'cosmic' like serpents or straight up Reptillian humanoids, and these same people were often VERY dismissive of Straussman's proposal of these 'entities' being purely created via psychological effects. Infact, Straussman himself eventually changed his opinion to that of believing these 'entities' were very much real and that we simply are out of our 'depth' with the understanding we have of 'them'.

Interestingly, Straussman also found a large overlap in symptoms/descriptions of his subjects and people who experienced a 'UFO abduction', especially with people reporting 'reptilian entities'. This is one of the factors that actually helped divide the UFO community into 2 - with some believing the abductions were 'real', physical events, and others believing they were 'spiritual' attacks by an unknown source. A third and less common interpretation is the mix of the two - these 'entities' are a physical race that evolved significantly before us and have reached a stage of development where they can become invisible to us (whether it be via multidimensional travel/manipulation of the fundamental, cloaking, the genetic altering of life etc).

A personal note I can add here is that a good friend of mine has taken this substance, and experienced 'waking-up' in what he describes as a 'transparent cube' and was greeted by a few mantis-headed (in general shape/eyes) entities that he says seemed 'surprised' to 'see' him. One of them took him to a 'massive screen like machine' and told him to look at it. My friend says he felt like he had an information overload at that point and can't remember anything else. Make of it what you will. I know his story is true at least because I was there when he 'woke up' back in our world. This lasted 5 mins of physical time, in which my friend was not conscious of this world. His body did thrash around at a few points however, and he shouted '#! #!' while grabbing his head. That whole 'encounter' spooked me to be honest, and when we read the Spirit Molecule after we were absolutely shocked.

So, Icke took a substance that's known for making man appear to 'perceive' intelligent, consistent humanoid entities operating from within their own 'space', and was subsequently 'told' he has a journey to do, or a mission to accomplish.

It is possible he drew the Reptilian factor from the Ayahuasca stories/official study, or he could have also based it on ancient beliefs, as reptilian/cosmic serpent references and worship are plentiful in the ancient world. There have been ancient accounts of reptilian shapeshifters as well, so it is not the unique product of Icke's imagination alone. There's also Credo Mutwa, the Zulu nation's story keeper, that Icke did an extensive interview with; in which Mutwa claims his people's most sacred belief is that in our distant past we were disturbed by an ALIEN Reptilian humanoid presence - which manipulated us and gave us the genetics for things such as language. Things like this have probably reinforced Icke's alien from Draco claims (he hasn't always been consistent in claiming that the Reptilians are from Draco and even aliens).

Can ANY logic be found in these claims? Possibly.

Some scientists have postulated that a certain type of dinosaur, the Troodon, could've possibly continued to evolve into an intelligent, and perhaps humanoid life form. Other scientists have suggested reptilian life forms DNA should occur more frequently than mammals and hence throughout the universe intelligent reptilian life is more plausible than human-like creatures. If the Troodon did evolve into an intelligent life form somehow, it would've had a good 70 million years of lead time on us.

In this thought experiment - is it completely implausible to suggest that these entities then could've reached a technological level beyond what we can even currently comprehend possible (along with mastering everything we do know is possible) and in that effect have become Gods in regards to us. In that case, almost anything becomes possible - and this idea of entities which cannot be seen or give off 'false forms' and have interacted with humans for a long time becomes possible. Of course, it is a stretch still, and there is no truly solid, smokin' gun evidence - but it is possible.

Then factor in that many ancient cultures spoke of entities that came from 'heaven' down to Earth and interacted with us, some Reptillian and some not, but there is this general theme of either 'Gods'/sky-beings/bringers of knowledge or something of that sort.

The ancient Gnostics, with their main body of text dating from around 100 BC, spoke of an inorganic force that formed with the universe - that they call the Archons. The original archon took the form of a serpent/dragon, and believed he was the one true God of the universe. The Archons are spoken of as entities that exist outside our world and can 'go through the veil', either 'possessing a human' or manifesting physically in their perception. This is practically a large element of Icke's 'reptilian theory'.

This same concept is generally repeated with the Angels and Demons of Christianity. The devil's story, or should I say the story of Samjaza, is a very distinct story in the original collection of texts. The Book of Enoch tells it in great detail; Samjaza and 200-300 'angels' came down to Earth, raped the women of the Earth and this resulted in the 'Demi-Gods', who were sometimes giants and lived amazing life spans. However, 'God' perceived this as corruption of his human creation, and sent a flood to restart the human population - leading to the story of Noah. In the book of Enoch angels/demons are referred to 'watchers' instead, and are described in a sense closer to the Archons.

Interestingly, the story of Noah originates from our first record of a 'story' - the Epic of Gilgamesh - dating to about 2800 BC but probably originates from earlier Sumerian beliefs. In Tablet XI Gilgamesh (who is a part God king of the post-flood era according to the Sumerians) is told a grand secret; some time ago, there was a city full of Gods, and their minds drove them to wish to cause a great flood that shall destroy humanity. One of the Gods, went against the rest and warned a human and instructed him on how to preserve the human race. According to the Sumerians, these guys (or 'kingships descended from Heaven' as they claimed) openly ruled us for about 200,000 years.

In the Quran, it claims that God created an entity before us called the Jinn; who were made from 'smokeless fire' but had free will. They could see us but we can't see them, and they can possess us or take a form in our heads - much like the archons and watchers.

Coincidently, follow this pattern through and we've still got the same story going on today. Millions upon millions of people have claimed to been abducted or 'spiritually invaded' by advanced entities. We still have people claiming to have been contacted by Reptilians from the 'sky'. We still have people experiencing reptilian entities on substances that have only recently been 're-discovered' by the modern world.

I think Icke literally took all of these factors, and was simply mind blown - all following an experience on Ayahuasca. I think from that point on he's actually taken any theory with a slight connection to this general mythos and implemented it as truth - which is his ultimate downfall. But he is knowledgable in certain areas, and honestly he's trying to fight the good fight. He has made a nice sum off this but remember mate, when he first came out with this stuff it was really unimaginable # - and I highly doubt he just 'took a risk' in hopes in conning people into making him money. The guy was nationally mocked for like a decade lol.

If he had kept his theory minimal, and focused on the more core components of his ideas he would've faced a lot less mockery. Because he has tried to pin down details onto everything he has ended up tripping himself up several times and its a shame - because he's onto something with a few of his 'concepts'.

Peace

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   

The sad thing about Icke is, he makes a lot of sense on a lot of subjects... then he gets to the reptile crap and all the credibility goes up in smoke.
edit on 15-1-2014 by Mveins0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I've never bought any of Icke's books or given him money. Now that being said, I have been exposed to many of his talks that can be found on YouTube. I was first exposes to him in 2008. I know, rather late in the game, but I didn't move into conspiracy research until then, after I left the military.

I find him entertaining and I like him. I don't necessarily prescribe to or agree with all his theories, but that is neither here nor there, as I do find him worthy of my contemplation.

As to reptilians - I've a story as to why I give it a bit more attention. Back in high school and the first few years after, 1993-1998 I was very heavily entrenchened in occult research, study and practice with my best friend. During this time - well' I've had my fair share of paranormal expierences - often times witnessed by more than one person. My best friend Dave was a bit dark. So his private time and endeavors began to deter from my own more anal careful plodding and searching. I just wanted to know, Dave well he wanted to BE. So his brother and sister and mother soon begin to complain to me that Dave is inviting something dak and unnatural into the home. His younger brother was 8 years old and was terrified, claiming his bed shaking at night, hissing and growls heard. His sister ad mother were also complaining of their covers being tugged off when the sleep, feeling like something was whispering in their ear.

I was overwhelmed and tasked to find out what the heck was going on with Dave. Now my best friend liked the Angels/fallen and otherwise and had some passing interest in Sumerian mythology and OTO. Some interest in Satanism and the Necrnomicon. Well Dave had decided upon contacting, communing with and well anyways with Liltu/Lilith. When he described her/it - it was very reptilian/snake like in what he was describing was visiting him and by extension the whole household! I actually wrote what he said in my journals, I was so awe-struck, what he described was visiting him.

David said 'She is so beautiful, all seduction and forbidden desires. Her skin is like ebony, and smooth and her whole body is elongated. She doesn't look anything like us, they don't look anything like us. They look like, reptiles that formed into human like shape. But she says we were actually made to be more like them. That we are the second...not the first. Her eyes and teeth are like a cat. Mesmerizing until she smiles then she looks completely feral, dangerous.'

So when I came across Icke, and his interest in these takes of reptile/snake like beings - I could identify. I have a personal friend with claims as to seeing them. It's harder to discount and scuff at the concept... when you know someone who claims to have seen them personally.

CdT

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   

I watched one of Icke's 6 hour presentations on video. Through the entire presentation he made perfect sense and showed a lot of passion, well, up to about 5hrs and 45 minutes. That's when he started his rant about our "reptilian" overlords and quite seriously, I couldn't stop laughing. Even now as I joke I refer to the queen as E-lizard-breath not because I think she's reptilian, rather because I think she's a slimy manipulating subhuman. Anyway, that last fifteen minutes of his presentation lost him all credibility in my mind. His presentations on the banking and political systems were excellent, but lizards from Zone Q in the third sideways dimension of a multiverse who can change shape and size at will (contravenes conservation of mass/energy) is a tad ridiculous. I still keep his books on hand though, in the joke and hoax section, just in case I need a good laugh.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   

paradisepurple

Note my use of 'UK Elite' in inverted commas as I was just quoting a term used by a previous poster. Not for me to decide who is the UK elite. But JS was obviously extremely close to the Royal family to be used in this manner.... And again, I ask, why? Why him? Not that I expected Charles & Diana to head to Relate of course... But Jimmy Savile as a marriage counsellor? Come on...

You say you can't remember Diana mentioning that in the book? I don't follow, what exactly don't you remember?

And I'm actually not saying this as 'proof' of anything to do with Icke's claims...As much as I enjoy reading his books I don't know what to believe... I just thought it relevant that I point out the 'proof' that you wanted regarding JS being a member of the 'UK Elite'.

I gather you were trying to be funny/sarcastic when you mention someone should be discredited because for one thing their choice of style is a shellsuit... Sorry but you failed...

I meant I can't recall Diana saying Charles was a reptilian - if you believe everything Icke says, don't you think she would have mentioned that? And yes, that is meant jokingly as I think Icke is a charlatan, but if you want to buy his books, hey, go for it, it's your money.

As proof of JS being a member of the UK elite, you say yourself that you are adopting a buzzword used by a previous poster so I'm not sure what you mean by 'proof'.

This is of course going further off topic so I promise no more comments on this aspect.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
When I read all the comments about Icke being in it for the money, I despair.

David Icke worked as a sports presenter, and held roughly the same status as Gary Liniker does today.

Gary is thought to be paid around £1.5 million a year from the BBC, working one day a week!

His wages have also been slashed recently in the latest round of cuts, and he may have earned twice that a couple of years ago.

Add to that TV appearances, TV ads, celeb circuit, you should easily be looking at £5 million a year.

Hands up all those saying he's in it for the money that would give all that up to become a social outcast with zero income.

That is precisely what Icke did in the 80s.

Right, or wrong, this guy means it.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   

UK Elite, TPTB, whatever you want to call those who rule from behind the curtains.. With the sheer level of intelligence & security surrounding the Royal family you honestly think that they had no idea what JS was really like? Yeah right...

IF Icke is right about reptilians then given Diana's ancestry she was more than likely reptilian herself or at least partly so... Haha I can just imagine if she had come out with that in her book

Personally I don't see why the reptilian issue is, well, such an issue... I don't think it's entirely impossible. But then, I'm as crazy as a box of frogs, as Mr Icke may be, who knows... He's a damn good read though, a lot of his research is impeccable and surely no-one can deny that he certainly gives people something to chew on... Plus he actually makes sense a lot of the time, which is more than I can say for most 'official' history.

edit on 15-1-2014 by paradisepurple because: Sp.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   

uncommitted

paradisepurple

I meant I can't recall Diana saying Charles was a reptilian - if you believe everything Icke says, don't you think she would have mentioned that? And yes, that is meant jokingly as I think Icke is a charlatan, but if you want to buy his books, hey, go for it, it's your money.

As proof of JS being a member of the UK elite, you say yourself that you are adopting a buzzword used by a previous poster so I'm not sure what you mean by 'proof'.

This is of course going further off topic so I promise no more comments on this aspect.

Diana did apparently say 'they're not human' to one of her friends about the royal family.

As for Sir Jimmy Savile,

He was in some very interesting places in WW1 when he was around 20,
-according to himself met the royals through Lord Mountbatten.
- Mountbatten was in charge of movements relating to the Special operations executive.
- Special operations executive agents were spies trained for all kinds of covert missions on the continent.
- Savile bought a house near where these agents trained and was friends for years with an ex SOE trainer.
- The BBC had their own branch of Mi5 , which never caught onto Savile
- Thatcher who spent Christmases with Savile , was not alerted by intelligence
-The royal family, who have extensive security checks for any old bog cleaner at the palace, were not alerted by intelligence.
-Prince Charles sent Savile a birthday card that read 'no - one will ever know what you did for this country'.

Yes he was probably Mi5 or something similar and left alone so he could do whatever his job was, which seemed to involve neing pretty pally with the elite. What services or blackmail he provided is debatable.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by paradisepurple

The reptilian theory isn't any more or less ridiculous than people believing in a bloke who walked on water who's dad lives in heaven. I don't find the possibility of extra dimensional reptilians so crazy either. I think Icke genuinely believes it, so is not a charlatan.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   

DrHammondStoat

uncommitted

paradisepurple

Diana did apparently say 'they're not human' to one of her friends about the royal family.

As for Sir Jimmy Savile,

He was in some very interesting places in WW1 when he was around 20,
-according to himself met the royals through Lord Mountbatten.
- Mountbatten was in charge of movements relating to the Special operations executive.
- Special operations executive agents were spies trained for all kinds of covert missions on the continent.
- Savile bought a house near where these agents trained and was friends for years with an ex SOE trainer.
- The BBC had their own branch of Mi5 , which never caught onto Savile
- Thatcher who spent Christmases with Savile , was not alerted by intelligence
-The royal family, who have extensive security checks for any old bog cleaner at the palace, were not alerted by intelligence.
-Prince Charles sent Savile a birthday card that read 'no - one will ever know what you did for this country'.

Yes he was probably Mi5 or something similar and left alone so he could do whatever his job was, which seemed to involve neing pretty pally with the elite. What services or blackmail he provided is debatable.

I didn't know most of that! Damn you I was going to have an early night, now I foresee a few hours with Google...! Thanks for the info

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Macdon
I believe Icke is telling it like it is. As time goes on, he is proven to be correct, rather than incorrect. Who would have thought the UK ruling elite would be involved in paedophilia as Icke mentioned in The Biggest Secret in the late 90s?

As for the universe made of sound. This search gives about 129 million hits www.google.com.au...=universe+is+made+of+sound

Reptilians? Yeah sure, why not? Separate cultures have been referring to reptilians/aliens/demons/interdimensional entities for millennia and they're a huge part of Christianity where they're known as demons.

OP have you even read any of Icke's books or is this just another hit piece?

Well i did a little research, and I have found that sound CAN travel in space if given the right circumstances as it need something to vibrate off.

I will look into this subject a lot more.

I just can not blindly accept the replies without ANY form of proof!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join