It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wisconsin GOP Reject God's Suggestion We Rest on 7th Day

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Well now slaves to companies eh?

Speaking from experience some people just traded one master for another,

Being slaves to the union.

The union first.

The union only.

Individual rights mean nothing, and if you don't have seniority your nothing at all.

And companies pay people.

You have to pay unions just for the 'priviledge' of having a job.

And there is no God but unions.
edit on 14-1-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   

JohnnyCanuck
reply to post by FyreByrd

I am consistently astounded by people who work to keep those screwing them in power! Weekends are not a luxury!!

And niether are they a right. What's wrong with getting monday and wedsnesday off?

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   

neo96
Well now slaves to companies eh?

Speaking from experience some people just traded one master for another,

Being slaves to the union.

The union first.

The union only.

Individual rights mean nothing, and if you don't have seniority your nothing at all.

And companies pay people.

You have to pay unions just for the 'priviledge' of having a job.

And there is no God but unions.
edit on 14-1-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

Union worker here, and this pretty much sums it up.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Thank you. Cheeseheads, really?

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Hmm - I seem to recall a right to 'free assembly'.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by FyreByrd

Cheeseheads...yes really.

And I didn't see any one refusing during the protests the right to assemble. They clogged the Capital, made threats against legislators and their families and yet still were beaten by the voters. There is a lot more to Wisconsin than Milwaukee.

BTW, Wisconsin's unemployment rate is down 1.1% since Walker took office and it also has a surplus now, rather than a deficit. Oh...And lower property taxes as well.

Actual research shows this...not some partisan blog.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   
People bitch about the hours being cut, now they bitch about them being increased, rolls eyes . What makes Wisconsin so special? Other states aren't having issues with employees working on Sundays. I wasn't aware that Wisconsin business was closed down on Sundays. I imagine the border states appreciate the extra money.

Adding: why are people so concerned by the 'resting' on Sunday violation when crime in Wisconsin is sky high? Might they be concerned about the stealing and robbery instead?
edit on 15-1-2014 by StoutBroux because: Adding comment

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I worked as a sub-contractor that required me to work 7 days a week, with 1 day off in a 30 day period (no pay that day I take off).

I can tell you that it sucked. I was constantly exhausted, was not able to spend time with my family, and my eagerness to do work dropped dramatically. But I was desperate at the time for a job, so I really had no choice. I did this for 2 years before I couldn't stand it anymore.

Having just 1 day off a week would have made the job a lot more tolerable.

Child labor laws came about for a multitude of reasons, one of which was to get children out of factories and into schools. They were also enacted to keep children from being taken advantage of and performing unsafe jobs, jobs which often resulted in children being killed or mutilated.

Do I have an issue with teenagers wanting to work part time jobs? No.

Do I have issues with 10 year olds working a factory line? Hell yes. Those kids need to be in school, or home schooled at the very least.

Do we really want to return to a society that forces children to grow up and work as adults when they haven't even finished grade school? Do we really want to deny our children a chance to actually BE kids?

Mowing lawns is one thing. Making little kids work in a sweat shop is entirely different.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join