It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evolution and an alien origin of life?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   
So I watched 'Prometheus' again last evening and while its a disappointing film storywise, it did depict quite nicely the idea of advanced aliens ''seeding'' life on planets, kickstarting evolution and moving on. _________________________________________ Should academic circles be taking seriously the idea of advanced aliens intentionally seeding life on earth? Its plausible that life on earth was pre-programmed to adapt to various enviromments and it may explain how life evolved in the way ToE claims it did. Or should academic circles hold that hi-tech aliens belong in sci-fi movies and rigidly insist that earth-life could simply not have been the handiwork of alien genetic engineering. If so, why?
edit on 14-1-2014 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

the problem with the notion :

" life on earth could not have developed by naturalistic process - ergo : ALIENS "

immediately begs the question - origins of thie aliens ?

personally - I am ammeniable to the concept of panspernia - either naturalistic or deliberate

BUT I see no evidence of deliberate panspernia

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   

personally - I am ammeniable to the concept of panspernia - either naturalistic or deliberate

What do you imagine ''evidence'' of deliberate panspernia to be like? Humans wouldn't show up until billions of years later after life started. So the guess that life on earth was engineered/planted by aliens is as good as the guess that earth-life is indigenous or appeared by chance on a meteor from space. (but then where did that life come from?)

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   

sk0rpi0n
So I watched 'Prometheus' again last evening and while its a disappointing film storywise, it did depict quite nicely the idea of advanced aliens ''seeding'' life on planets, kickstarting evolution and moving on. _________________________________________ Should academic circles be taking seriously the idea of advanced aliens intentionally seeding life on earth? Its plausible that life on earth was pre-programmed to adapt to various enviromments and it may explain how life evolved in the way ToE claims it did. Or should academic circles hold that hi-tech aliens belong in sci-fi movies and rigidly insist that earth-life could simply not have been the handiwork of alien genetic engineering. If so, why?
edit on

Unfortunately, the hard science individuals will (as base gross matter enthusiasts measure and date) will never understand that there are higher frequency realms of conscious existance). They dont mimick the human they are human but not in a 3d format. These dimensional playgrounds are more valid than this fake movie SET we have the opportunity to romp around and with live within. The only difference is that this one is HEAVY MATTER BASED. The huge influx of other thought forms (I can go way back) most recent though Avatar, (a dream James Cameron had) Alien, Preditor; are indicators or subliminal directional thought bombs 'hey! wake up human'. All said, we have been engineered by what are called the demi-gods or the pretenders as they presented themselves as Gods (egotistical controlling power mongers). The film industry is just a reflection of life on earth; we enjoy watching ourselves, as are being watched by our creators (the clues are here right before your eyes). extra DIV

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
@ vethumanbeing.... Sorry I didn't ''get'' your post. I asked something about ToE and possible alien origins of life. I only used the movie 'Prometheus' to illustrate a point, but I wasnt talking about hollywood aliens or the film industry.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   
While it's certainly not proof of deliberate panspermia, I think ancient sanskrit texts is suggestive of either alien intervention, a more advanced ancient past, or at the least the first account of science fiction writing. That's evidence if using the definition: a thing or things helpful in forming a conclusion or judgment.
edit on 14-1-2014 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   
A show on science channel recently about the red rain that fell in India a few years ago, and Columbia last year, and other places and that has now been studied by local scientistsin those countries. The liquid, collected in buckets directly filled by the rain, has red cell like components that reproduce but have no DNA. Panspermia being a suggested source of it and the medium of space transport is comments or meteorites. Reproduction without DNA is very bizarre, but still not of interest or in the consciousness of many scientists as the mainstream scientific community is resistant to proposing or even studying unknowns that lead to such big adjustments in their major theories.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   

I think it's a theory that's no more out there than most of the other ones. I could see it now; an alien race knows that they are dying out, so to make sure they stay alive, they send out probes to neighboring galaxies or planets containing cells (I imagine that it would be easier to keep a cell alive than a physical being, right?). Or, the aliens wanted to create a race for food, slaves, or even a scientific experiment (much in the way we create new strands of diseases or breed animals).

One of the so called "hybrid" theories that I've heard is that at some point in the earth's formation, either an asteroid or meteorite deposited the original microbes or single-celled organisms here, and over time, they evolved into everything you see around you. I'd consider that "seeding" the planet as well.

The only problem with the theory (like so many other theories), is that there's just not a lot of proof - we already know the building blocks of life, and how when they combine something comes crawling out of the mix. But the problem remains: Where's our creators? Now then, if on a voyage to a planet like Mars they happen to find fossils (not oddly-shaped rocks that look like fossils, but actual simple creature fossils) then the theory might have some credit. So far, with the exception of a couple meteorites that appear to contain them, we're the only ones with evidence of our own evolution.

-fossilera

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by retsdeeps1

Did those scientists offer/allow the evidence to be analyzed by scientists of different countries? If they opposed it, that should speak for itself.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   

sk0rpi0n
@ vethumanbeing.... Sorry I didn't ''get'' your post. I asked something about ToE and possible alien origins of life. I only used the movie 'Prometheus' to illustrate a point, but I wasnt talking about hollywood aliens or the film industry.

Of course you wouldnt (or were not supposed to). I am detrimental to a fault (only of the abstract and non linear thinking wise sort). It surprises me anyone understands my 'jibberjabber' as someone called it. I see correlations connect dots is all. If someone connects to the same ideaform it is a miracle and causes me great joy.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Lucid Lunacy
While it's certainly not proof of deliberate panspermia, I think ancient sanskrit texts is suggestive of either alien intervention, a more advanced ancient past, or at the least the first account of science fiction writing. That's evidence if using the definition: a thing or things helpful in forming a conclusion or judgment.
edit on 14-1-2014 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

You have the same in Sumerian religion (Anunnaki) that the bible is a changed retelling off. Genesis in the bible can be seen as being a symbolic description of dna manipulation on a lesser sentient specie to create humans. The whole gold mining in South Africa with mine shaft created with laser precision is a possible theory that makes even more sense than current historical theory that seem to more try to contradict all religious scripture.

Do not matter if big bang was the true start of the universe and Genesis is the start of humanity. Still everything starts and ends with god (whatever name you create for god).

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   

vethumanbeing

sk0rpi0n

Of course you wouldnt (or were not supposed to). I am detrimental to a fault (only of the abstract and non linear thinking wise sort). It surprises me anyone understands my 'jibberjabber' as someone called it. I see correlations connect dots is all. If someone connects to the same ideaform it is a miracle and causes me great joy.

. To me you are describing the introduction to Meta-knowledge where humans are consciously seeing information previously hidden in plain sight from outside source/sources, with a sprinkle of the limitation to know outside 3D with only 3D senses and limitation of preconceived notions of "what is" (boxed limitation of being).

I have a feeling I am starting to understand a little 'jibberjabber' even if I do not consider myself fluent.

edit on 15-1-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Should academic circles be taking seriously the idea of advanced aliens intentionally seeding life on earth?

I think first it should be proven beyond a reasonable doubt that such a species of beings exist before we posit them as the causes and perpetrators of life. Until then, we are positing nothing but fantasy and fiction.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   

ignorant_ape

the problem with the notion :

" life on earth could not have developed by naturalistic process - ergo : ALIENS "

immediately begs the question - origins of thie aliens ?

Yes that is one in many religions to like Mormons. The loop is left unclosed and what came before the egg?

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
sk0rpi0n

I missed the TOE part; theory of everything you are referencing? In that environment we are duplicating in film, or the information system transfers, 0s and 1s. We are or our system is a digital one. I alluded to the film industry because Pixar studios (those now using a digital format are recreating us in the same way (and it obvious to me we are mimicking our creators). Why; because we are its byproduct expression/conduit I dont expect you to understand. Of course there are alien origins of life; those (not of matter) that use this planet to express themselves as gross matter beings. Simply said all insect specie discribe this (a living library). This is the only one existing and all of the other bioecosystems here that are in balance. A treasure trove laboratory that has never been done before (which is why the preservation of is so important).
edit on 15-1-2014 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
LittleByLittle
vethumanbeing

sk0rpi0n

skOrpiOnOf course you wouldnt (or were not supposed to). I am detrimental to a fault (only of the abstract and non linear thinking wise sort). It surprises me anyone understands my 'jibberjabber' as someone called it. I see correlations connect dots is all. If someone connects to the same ideaform it is a miracle and causes me great joy.

Littlebylittle
. To me you are describing the introduction to Meta-knowledge where humans are consciously seeing information previously hidden in plain sight from outside source/sources, with a sprinkle of the limitation to know outside 3D with only 3D senses and limitation of preconceived notions of "what is" (boxed limitation of being). I have a feeling I am starting to understand a little 'jibberjabber' even if I do not consider myself fluent.

Meta-knowledge (physics) is exactly what Im trying to explain; the hidden is in plain sight. I would imagine someone now would say be plain speaking, it doesnt work that way as would be trying to introduce a 'belief' system upon anothers. It is not about belief is more a universal truth (or individual gnosis). This instruction is one of nudging a conscious being (we have this information wired in our DNA just do not know it or told about) to better any questions or conclusions regarding why we are here, who we are exactly and the purpose of the 'life' experience. Thankyou my friend for your patience and understanding.
edit on 15-1-2014 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Richard Dawkins and I think a few other prominent scientists are open to the idea of alien seeding. Indeed, I think science is pointing towards the notion that the chemicals, even perhaps basic biology of life on Earth could very well have been 'seeded' through natural meteorite bombardment where the seeding is not intentional.

Also, what's interesting for anyone that's ever read a Kim Stanley Robinson Book about Mars, is that the seeding process is completed by Earth (I know an old concept now), but its scientifically possible, so I would imagine how our understanding of seeding technology could improve over hundreds, perhaps thousands, or even hundreds of thousands of years.

I don't think it is crazy to posit the possibility of a future earth sending out seeding ships which create life. The purpose of which is to create suitable biospheres where we could live without suits should we choose. If mechanically done, we could feasibly seed many more worlds than we would ever have use for.

As for the question of life, of course it just pushes it back the question a species further..

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I've kind of come around to the notion that life has always been zipping around the universe, and always will, due mostly in part to "holes" in spacetime -- not black holes or wormholes, but rather places "in-between" stuff in space where there is nothing -- that are big enough to allow creatures of various sizes (mostly bacteria) to be flung to essentially any point in time and space at any moment. Imagine spacetime like a sponge, full of holes. Some little bacteria falls into a hole and instantly ends up someplace 13 billion years or so ago. It's also why space continues to expand. Because we keep observing it get older.

I think it's necessary for the universe to be observed to exist -- a tree falling in the forest and collapsing the quantum wave function and all that -- so it makes sense that life exists or has existed pretty much always.

Now, you might ask, where did the first bacteria come from that got sucked back in time to start the universe? And, if so, you don't understand how time works.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Words

I think first it should be proven beyond a reasonable doubt that such a species of beings exist before we posit them

A trillion planets multiplied by 200+ billion galaxies makes for the strong likelihood of many other advanced lifeforms existing in the Universe. According to Drakes Equation it projects 1000 - 100million advanced civilizations in our own galaxy. Regardless, their existence isn't really in question. It's more about proximity to us and motive for visiting our planet.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Lucid Lunacy
reply to post by Words

I think first it should be proven beyond a reasonable doubt that such a species of beings exist before we posit them

A trillion planets multiplied by 200+ billion galaxies makes for the strong likelihood of many other advanced lifeforms existing in the Universe. According to Drakes Equation it projects 1000 - 100million advanced civilizations in our own galaxy. Regardless, their existence isn't really in question. It's more about proximity to us and motive for visiting our planet.

From external view I can think of earth like this:

Earth is like we see a jungle or an uncivilized country fighting among themselves over material gain. Quarantined and a no fly zone until further notice. When the planet becomes open for visits you will be informed. Until then we advise you to keep your distance from the system. We are monitoring their advances.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join