It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

time to go back to the days of war dialing boys

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Thanks for watching that YouTube video! That will be 50 cents, please. Sound unrealistic? It's actually a distinct possibility, after a Federal appeals court on Tuesday struck down an FCC ruling meant to prevent an Internet service provider -- the company you pay for online access -- from prioritizing some website traffic over others. And because that rule was wiped off the books, those ISPs are suddenly able to do just that. With service providers suddenly able to charge based on the type of content you watch or the sites you visit, it's easy to imagine a system like that of today's cable television market. Want HBO? It's an extra $5. Want our streaming video package, with YouTube, Hulu, TV.com, and more? That's $5 too.

www.foxnews.com...

yep, this isnt looking good, if my isp tries this, im dumping them.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by radiotracker350

That because they see the internet as a conduit, not the end product.

Therefore they can charge for services rendered over their conduit.

Typical greedyocracy in action.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Based on the evidence to date, they can try charging what they like, but they'll get few takers.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by radiotracker350

Wow I am glad Im not in the states, Im sure Anonymos will have something to say about that if it actually gets put into action.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Wow... I thought it was bad that online streaming services may become the TV of the computer screen-- complete with several commercials in clusters of breaks. But this?
It was only a matter of time, I guess. Now back to the grim speculation that someday, air will be marketed for money as well.

edit on 14-1-2014 by EllaMarina because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   
yea, lol, i hope theres a squishfest made by anonymous

i should take the old 56k modem out of my win 98 era pc

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 12:33 AM
link   

EllaMarina
Wow... I thought it was bad that online streaming services may become the TV of the computer screen-- complete with several commercials in clusters of breaks. But this?
It was only a matter of time, I guess. Now back to the grim speculation that someday, air will be marketed for money as well.

edit on 14-1-2014 by EllaMarina because: (no reason given)

Water already is: ala Evian.

top topics

join