It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huh? How does this make sense.....How are they even secret? What?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
So....I've recently found out about the Bilderberg group (yes, i know it's old news, but please understand, i just found out about this so I am in shock.)

I've done a lot of research and it seems like it's a real thing, and it's not even much of a conspiracy. I know that whatever happens inside the Bilderberg group meetings are secret. I'm sure they pay the media to do zero coverage on them.

My question is....how come they have an official website???? www.bilderbergmeetings.org...
They even have the key topics that were covered during the meetings.

Why did they make this site? or is this website not official? It is mindblowing for me.

p.s. i am very sorry if this has been covered before. i used the search function but I couldn't find anything.

edit on 14-1-2014 by CleanCare because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
They do not pay the media.

They OWN it...

“We are grateful to the Washington Post, the New York Times, Time Magazine and other great publications whose directors have attended our meetings and respected their promise of discretion for almost forty years… It would have been impossible for us to develop our plan for the world if we had been subject to the bright lights of publicity during those years. But, the world is now more sophisticated and prepared to march towards a world government. The supranational sovereignty of an intellectual elite and world bankers is surely preferable to the national auto determination practiced in past centuries.”

– David Rockefeller, in Baden, Germany at the June 1991 annual meeting of the Bilderberg Group.

www.crossroad.to...

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by CleanCare

I first read about the Bildeberg meetings in a Readers' Digest article many decades ago.
That is how "non-secret" they seem to have been from the beginning.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I believe a long time ago they used to hold press conferences years ago, maybe because it received a little attention. Then continued on without much attention until Alex Jones popped up.

All of a sudden they became a hot topic.

Now they are back to doing press conferences:

Watford, sunny Watford, has changed the hitherto secretive Bilderberg conference forever. In a freshly strimmed corner of the grounds of the Grove Hotel, half a mile from the most important international policy conference in the world, something remarkable happened: the mainstream press showed up. In droves.

Reuters, AP, Channel 4 News, the Times, the Telegraph, the Press Association, London Tonight. The BBC had at least three radio reporters here.

www.theguardian.com...

There is nothing nefarious about world leaders meeting up. It's because they don't disclose their proceedings that make the actions highly suspect against actual laws barring world leaders and businessmen from colluding in secret.

(Which is likely going on.)

I presume the attention is driven by opposing sides in the world of "I have more money than you."

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   
So why does the MSM ignore the Bilderberg group meetings?

Because they do what they are TOLD to do.

The truth is that the mainstream media is the biggest “gatekeeper” of all. They decide what is important and what is not important. They decide what is going to be in “the news” and what the American people are going to be talking about. They choose to totally ignore the Bilderberg Group and so most Americans will not even hear about it this year. They don’t cover anything unless they have “permission”. Remember Connie Chung and the “government list” she accidentally mentioned in an interview about they’re coverage choices? She was off the air for at least a year after that.

endoftheamericandream.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   

boncho
There is nothing nefarious about world leaders meeting up.

Did you really just SAY that?

If you don't mind, I think I'll add that to my list of unbelievable quotes seen on ATS...

Originally posted by Secularist
I trust my government to do me good when it comes to national security.

Originally posted by Screwed
I for one love our Government and everyone who runs it. I believe they know what's best for me and do not question their authority over me.

Originally posted by FirstCasualty
I really doubt the whole lot of the US government would be down with such treasonous tactics.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

If you don't mind, I think I'll add that to my list of unbelievable quotes seen on ATS...

If you don't mind, I will add you to the list of ignorants that quotes people out of context. For the record, I am not making a slight at you, simply calling you out as ignorant. Don't take it personally.

I said there is nothing nefarious about world leaders having a meeting. They happen all the time. They are publicly disclosed, have media, have official itineraries, and they are in large part disclosing the actions of our government and foreign policy. I also stated in the next sentence the reason there is something wrong with BB meetings is that they don't disclose anything from those meetings.

In Western government, business interests have to communicate through lobbying, which is nearly as secretive as builderberg meetings. But at least it's accounted for.

If you believe that world leaders should not be able to have meetings at all then I presume you expect us to live in clans?
edit on 14-1-2014 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by CleanCare

As the other poster said: They OWN the media, the companies that make your computers, tvs, stereos etc...etc...etc....and the International stations, news organizations, companies that distribute or block whatever is on...or off...of their agendas.

You'll find many things in your daily life deep down in one after another...somewhere along the line they either own it, control it or publish it. Or not.

They arent secret at all. Everyone either has heard or read about them. Its just what they discuss is secret. Not them.

edit on 09-22-2013 by mysterioustranger because: spell

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Hide in plain sight.

The world leaders are making decisions in our best interests for the betterment of our children or kids as they would call them.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Important people from all over the world attend.

For those of you who have not been a conspiracy theorist since the 70's,
and didn't experience the 40 years of ridicule and abuse heaped on us
when ever we mentioned the Bilderberg group, do a disservice to the
truth by saying things like "hidden in plain sight."

Sure, they are not hiding now... in the post internet era ... they can't.

But, allow me to share some of what their track record is.

... continued ...

Mike Grouchy

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   
The Bilderberg group, in their 1973 meeting planned to increase oil prices by %400.

Agenda

May 11-13, 1973 – Saltsjobaden, Sweden

I. The possibilities of the development of a European energy policy, and the consequences of European-North American
relations.

II. Conflicting expectations concerning the European Security Conference.

public inteligence . net / Bilderberg Participants list 1973

Here is what history tells us
    In 1973 gas was 0.36 cents a gallon in the U.S.
    In 1975 gas reaches 0.57 cents
    In 1979 gas reaches 0.90 cents

And anyone alive in 1979 in the U.S. remembers what happened next.

Two hour gas lines across the country,
all blamed on President Carter.

wikipedia / 1979 energy crisis

Mike Grouchy

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by mikegrouchy

Does any of top members of the OPEC participate in the Bilderberg group ? I think that since many of them have since the 70s had issues with the US that you can't establish a direct line for the increase in oil prices of the 70s to the Bilderberg group. Now if you link the oil prices to monetary devaluation and energy taxation then you may have something there...

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   
In those days if one said anything about the Bilderberg group
they were shamed for being "politically naïve" and "everyone knows it's Carters' fault."

Which is funny, really, because President Carter was actually busy meeting
with Middle Eastern Countries to try and broker real peace. The first such
effort in the history of the U.S.

I don't know how he would have had the time.
To do all that, and engineer an energy crisis.

At this point, in the 70's I would have been called a "Carter lover" and dismissed out of hand.

But Carter started to make real progress.

Until the Iranian Hostage crisis totally derailed him.

wikipedia / Iranian Hostage Crisis 1979
Started November 4th, 1979

In modern parlance, any further attempt to discuss the Bilderberg group was considered "off topic",
if not down right delusional, as obviously nobody was in control of the world. And people
would go back to talking about "those damn rag heads."

One of Carters major Partners in brokering Middle East peace,
was assassinated at the end of Carters term in 1981.
wikipedia / Anwar Sadat
.. by members of his own military.

Mike Grouchy
edit on 14-1-2014 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   
The painful thing back then was getting someone, anyone
to admit that The Bilderberg Group even existed.

Now that people know that they do, the collective amnesia
of the masses makes their previous machinations seem irrelevant.

This picture is the first time anyone had seen an Egyptian and an Israeli shake hands in the media. President Carter, hosting the event at Camp David, represents America. Optimistic, and genuinely interested in peace for all.

Almost forty years later... I ask you.
What do we have.
Do we have Peace in the Middle east OR do we only have expensive gas?

Mike Grouchy
edit on 14-1-2014 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   
By 1981 many of us, less susceptible to TV than our parents as any kind of authority, turned away from the mainstream and embraced the underground. Things like Dungeons & Dragons, the band Rush, and Blue Öyster Cult. One friend went to Hollywood and became a producer (wikipedia / movie / Chain Reaction). I became an advocate of the future of computer games, and the possibility of bringing unlimited numbers together in a shared virtual experience. One friend became a Muslim, and taught about how easy it would be to hijack a plane and crash it into an oil refinery.

But at that moment in 1981... This video captures the feel and the moment.
We all felt like war torn veterans of a psychic war, that all the adults were blind too.

Mike Grouchy

You see me now a veteran of a thousand psychic wars
I've been living on the edge so long
Where the winds of limbo roar
And I'm young enough to look at
And far too old to see
All the scars are on the inside
I'm not sure if there's anything left of me

Don't let these shakes go on
It's time we had a break from it
It's time we had some leave
We've been living in the flames
We've been eating up our brains
Oh, please don't let theses shakes go on

You ask me why I'm weary, why I can't speak to you
You blame me for my silence
Say it's time I changed and grew
But the war's still going on dear
And there's no end that I know
And I can't say if we're ever...
I can't say if we're ever gonna to be free

It's time we had some leave
We've been living in the flames
We've been eating out our brains
Oh, please don't let theses shakes go on

You see me now a veteran of a thousand psychic wars
My energy's spent at last
And my armor is destroyed
I have used up all my weapons and I'm helpless and bereaved
Wounds are all I'm made of
Did I hear you say that this is victory?

Send me to the rear
Where the tides of madness swell
And been sliding into hell
Oh, please don't let shakes go on

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   
The bilderbergers aren't secret at all, nor do they try to hide their existance.

Heck, you can get transcripts from some of their meetings.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Panic2k11
reply to post by mikegrouchy

Does any of top members of the OPEC participate in the Bilderberg group ? I think that since many of them have since the 70s had issues with the US that you can't establish a direct line for the increase in oil prices of the 70s to the Bilderberg group. Now if you link the oil prices to monetary devaluation and energy taxation then you may have something there...

In my estimation
pinning this on OPEC,
in the end,
will wind up being nothing more than
anti-Muslim . . .
which is Islamiphobic.

The opposite result of what Anwar Sadat was trying to do.

Besides, I see two types of justice in what is being suggested here.
The justice of the blame game. Or the Justice of the original vision.
Does the reader want to know who to blame, or who is worth working with?

We all know the blame game,
where someone suffering from arterial bleeding is ignored because it's more important to catch the guilty person.

/sarcasm
Who cares that the victim bleeds to death,
as long as we caught that no-good-er.
/end sarcasm

Justice is giving the future to the vision that counts,
not meeting out forty lashes to everyone who may have been in the room.

I sometimes wonder if the American public is too easily swept up by Hunts, pursuits, and captures of the accused.
At the cost of forgetting their own history of open Courts, and being able to face one's accusers.

Mike Grouchy

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 01:16 AM
link   

captaintyinknots
The bilderbergers aren't secret at all, nor do they try to hide their existance.

Heck, you can get transcripts from some of their meetings.

And the year they went online (2010),
I seem to remember a ton of news articles talking about taking control of the Internet.

wayback machine / bilderberg.org

Net neutrality had just been defeated,
but many articles were talking about the inevitability of some form of State Control.

The previous two years had seen the passing of the first State cyberbullying law,
giving police authority based on internet activity,
and had seen the first federal attempt at the projection of Police Powers based purely on internet activity
with the introduction of ...

Megan Meier Cyberbullying Prevention Act, was a bill introduced to the House of Representatives on April 2, 2009

The reader may remember the tragic story,
she was told that she should "kill herself" by some anonymous troll.
Everyone was swept up in the certainty that holding someone responsible
was the right thing to do.

Myself, call me paranoid, but I am not surprised in the least that the Bilderbergs suddenly came-into-public-existence
a heartbeat after police authority against internet trolls was publicly accepted.

The Bilderbergers sure seem charmed
in how often their enemies find themselves
surrounded by angry villagers armed with pitch forks and flaming brands.

Mike Grouchy
edit on 15-1-2014 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Murgatroid

boncho
There is nothing nefarious about world leaders meeting up.

Originally posted by Secularist
I trust my government to do me good when it comes to national security.

Originally posted by Screwed
I for one love our Government and everyone who runs it. I believe they know what's best for me and do not question their authority over me.

Originally posted by FirstCasualty
I really doubt the whole lot of the US government would be down with such treasonous tactics.

I don't know if I should have tears of laughter or tears of sorrow seeing these quotes. WOW

new topics

top topics

join