It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guitar Players: Have You Tuned to A432hz?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Just recently I've become aware of the A440/A432 conspiracy, the Nazis, Goebbels, natural planetary/cosmic harmonics and all that good stuff, and I'm experimenting.

I normally tune my guitar to D standard, so I'm using D288 for the low 'E', and I'm having more trouble with the low E bottoming out. I play kinda loud. I'm thinking of bumping up from .13 gauge strings to .14 to increase the tension and mitigate that bottoming out.

If you're a guitar player and have any experience with tuning to A432, what are your thoughts, not only on the instrument and music in general, but the whole A440/A432 story?

I'm going to try A432 not because I think it's a good thing in some way, I really don't know yet, but I don't think it could hurt, especially if it turns out there's some truth to it.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Mon1k3r

So drop D is this enlightening key? Seems too low... Most metal and heavy stuff is in drop D. I just stick to regular old E.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
The difference between 432 Hz and 440 Hz. Hear it, understand it.

To better understand the power of sound frequency, watch the amazing video below.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   

ItCameFromOuterSpace
reply to post by Mon1k3r

So drop D is this enlightening key? Seems too low... Most metal and heavy stuff is in drop D. I just stick to regular old E.

For the last 2 years I've played exclusively acoustic. My vocal range revolves around D better than E, so I use it.

But not drop D, D standard.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Mon1k3r

Are there any examples of bands who play in this tuning?

I play by ear, and never paid attention in music theory class..

I'd like to experiment in using this tuning, though.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I have a guitar tuner/scales chart/metronome/etc., app on my iPhone called GuitarToolkit. I just checked and I can change the global settings for the tuner.

Some of the tuning preset labels are pretty interesting:

(in Hz)

392.0: French Baroque (Lowest setting)
396.0: Solfeggio (Fear)
415.0: Baroque
417.0: Solfeggio (Change)
422.0: Classical
433.0: Philharmonic
435.0: Diapason (Normal)
439.0: New Philharmonic
440.0: Standard
442.0: Concert
445.0: Concert (Brighter)
452.5: Old Philharmonic
457.0: US Military
466.0: Renaissance
528.0: DNA Repair (Highest setting)
edit on 14-1-2014 by ScientiaFortisDefendit because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-1-2014 by ScientiaFortisDefendit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
EVH and a lot of other bands tune a half-step down. It would be interesting to hear that tuning, adjusted to 432.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   

ItCameFromOuterSpace

Are there any examples of bands who play in this tuning?

I actually did a cursory google search before I posted this for bands who used A432 exclusively, and the first page of results returned nothing useful.

I would imagine that if the premise that A440 somehow has us all amped up and that fact is working in the favor of the dicks, then record companies, who may or may not be controlled by Luciferians with murder on their minds would not allow A432 to be recorded. Or something like that...

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ScientiaFortisDefendit

HA! DNA repair! I like that.

So I guess there would be no preset for A440, since that would be the default, but there isn't a preset for A432 either.

And it lists 435hz as 'normal', but does that list have anything to do with actual instrument intonation?

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Mon1k3r

Rock On! \m/

I am a bass player, I have been playing in A432hz for about 6 months now and I have no need to go back to Standard (A440hz). I have noticed a big change in my mood when I play, How I play, I have even noticed that I have been pushing my self more and more in all walks of life. Im in the process of starting up an new band we are going to all be tuning to 432hz even the drums.

Personally I have not noticed any really change in tension of the strings on my bass but I play with boomers.

My guitarist on the other hand has had to switch to a thicker gauge string and he had to re-setup his axe because of the floydrose.

Depending on your music, Boomers do a great job. We play a wide range of genres and they sound great even at 432hz.

What kind of music do you play? Do you have a band?

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ItCameFromOuterSpace

Drop D is not even close to 432hz tuning.

In drop D you are just tuning the E string down to D.
In 432hz, you tune your A string to 432hz then you tune the rest of the strings to the A as if you would for Standard tuning.

It is closer to tuning down half a step then it is to Drop D tuning.
As long as you have no floyd rose and no springs holding the tension of your bridge then you can tune to 432hz in no time!

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Mon1k3r
reply to post by ScientiaFortisDefendit

HA! DNA repair! I like that.

So I guess there would be no preset for A440, since that would be the default, but there isn't a preset for A432 either.

And it lists 435hz as 'normal', but does that list have anything to do with actual instrument intonation?

Yes, there is - all of the frequencies between the lowest setting and the highest setting are there in .5Hz steps. I only included the ones that were labeled

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Mon1k3r

If you want to play in this tuning and your tuner does not have a setting for 432hz then go download an app called "Tone Generator" or something similar. then type in 432hz and BAM tune your A to it then tune your other strings to your A and your set.

Every true "# the establishment" rocker should be playing in this tuning.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

snypwsd
reply to post by ItCameFromOuterSpace

In 432hz, you tune your A string to 432hz then you tune the rest of the strings to the A as if you would for Standard tuning.

It is closer to tuning down half a step then it is to Drop D tuning.
As long as you have no floyd rose and no springs holding the tension of your bridge then you can tune to 432hz in no time!

I gotcha. I read that it is the same as tuning everything down a half step flat. Is that right?
I play bass as well and would like to try this.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Never used alternate tunings before. This thread my be just the inspiration I needed to try it out.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   

snypwsd

When I tune to D standard, not drop D, I tune the low E string (D) to 288hz. That is the relative frequency of D2 in A432 tuning.
My A432 is now a fretted note, 5th string, 2nd fret.

I'm still using A432 relative frequencies, I just tune my guitar to D standard.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I've tried it...I didn't feel like 432 is better, it's just a tad lower.
Just like tuning a half step down, slightly bigger strings will help to keep the same clarity.

I just switched to a 8 string guitar, just getting the low E to sound perfectly clear, I got a .76 gauge string...
so getting to 432 hz would mean I would need an even bigger set to get a decent sound which doesn't even fit in the nut.

Anyway, I've tuned to 432 a couple times, I just find it quite annoying that I barely can't play along any recordings out there.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Mon1k3r

Related but unrelated. My kid plays drop d and that's all he knows. Plays that crappy death metal shiz and thinks he knows how to play guitar. Drives me nuts cause I can't even jam with him because he took out all the springs in the back and can't bring it up an octave without warping then neck. Ask him to play an E chord and he doesn't even know what it is. Standard E is the way it should be. In my humble opinion.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Mon1k3r

I am trying to figure out why 432 is good for people and 440 is bad for people. I get that 432 is natural and is in line with the solar system and water according to the video, but it doesn't explain why 440 is bad, can anyone chime in on this one?

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   

DocScurlock
reply to post by Mon1k3r

I am trying to figure out why 432 is good for people and 440 is bad for people. I get that 432 is natural and is in line with the solar system and water according to the video, but it doesn't explain why 440 is bad, can anyone chime in on this one?

I'll bite...

The is no reason to believe that one tuning is better than another. It comes down to personal preference and what sounds better to you the individual. I have a hard time agreeing with any of this conspiracy. A few post's above will show that music has been tuned differently since music has been played.

I can't believe that EVERYONE will find A432 better than any other tuning. Why lump us all together when clearly we are all individual's with different resonances and preferences? It makes sense when you're trying to sell something to the ignorant.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join