It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese theme park will give visitors the experience of what it was like to go down in the Titanic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Chinese theme park will give visitors the experience of what it was like to go down in the Titanic..

Seriously? How insensitive is that. Wonder if they are going to follow it up with the 2004 Indian Ocean Tsunami park?

What kind of messed up person comes up with this to try to make a buck? Scaring people to death and making a ride out of a terrible accident. Seriously wondering about the thought process behind this one...

Source

Lovers of Titanic will be able to experience the magic, grandeur --and fear of what it must have been like on the "unsinkable ship" as it was going down.

Scheduled to open in 2016 in China, the true-to-size recreation will be the centerpiece of a theme park in Sichuan – a landlocked province, over 900 miles from the nearest ocean, reports the Telegraph. The project is estimated at $165 million.

The attraction will allow hundreds of visitors to experience the feeling of an actual shipwreck through a unique simulation. Su Shaojun, chief executive of the Seven Star Energy Investment group that is funding the project, says the new Titanic museum will offer visitors a unique experience.

“When the ship hits the iceberg, it will shake, it will tumble," Shaojun told a press conference on Sunday. "We will let people experience water coming in by using sound and light effects. They will think, 'The water will drown me, I must escape with my life.'"

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
But the movie was ok?

I think this sounds awesome.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Vasa Croe

What kind of messed up person comes up with this to try to make a buck? Scaring people to death and making a ride out of a terrible accident. Seriously wondering about the thought process behind this one...

A capitalist.

Second.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I want to know how it feels to be nuked. Better yet how does it feel to be killed by random gunfire? Maybe they will open a 'theme park' where you can be raped and tortured.

(MY ABOVE SARCASIM IS INCLUDED AT NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE.)

I agree with you op this is sick and insensitive. Anything to make a buck.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by justreleased

The nuke idea is actually good btw...

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I watched the Titanic movie once .... and it was hard to get through. Instead of following the stupid plot of people falling madly in love over a 2 day period and all the shooting and crap .... all I could think about were the people who died such a horrid death. Death by drowning. All those children. All those parents knowing they were doomed and they couldn't do anything to save their children from the painful drowning death. i couldn't believe Hollywood made a 'romance action flick' out of it.

I certainly wouldn't want to go to an amusement park based on the Titanic. That's freak'n sick.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

It sort of makes me want to open my own theme park. I'll call it Nan-King Super Fun Land.

Nan-King

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I suppose that culturally, this is more of an entertainment than it is a tragedy for them. Titanic was not a ship loaded down with Chinese people, after all.

I guess someone in the US needs to make an amusement park attraction where we can experience what it was like to die in the boiler and ammunition aboard a merchant ship evacuating Chinese troops in 1948 that killed 6,000.

Maybe they'd get the point, then.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

This gets your jimmies to their maximum rustle? Seriously? Yet, we make a movie about it and rake in big bucks and that's OK...

Also, how dumb do you have to be to say things like "lets make a Nanking theme park"? The Titanic was an accident. The iceberg didn't rape the passengers now did it? How about we make a Holocaust ride? See how stupid that is?

I for one would love to experience it, I've been captivated with the Titanic and the stories of those on board since I was a child in the 80's.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Auricom

There's a traveling museum exhibit that does a pretty good job of that. They give you a ticket with a passenger's name on it (actual passenger). You travel through the exhibit which is organized chronologically so you see artifacts and get the story from start to finish of the voyage including a room toward the very end where you feel the air temperature of the night and can put your hands on a wall that is chilled to the actual temperature of the ocean you would have gone into.

At the very end, you can do something with your ticket to get what is known about your passenger, including what class you traveled and whether or not you survived.

www.lexingtoncenter.com...

This is where it's at now.

I suppose it's in the idea that this is about vicariously enjoying it while a lot of people died in reality.

As for the movie, it blurred the lines somewhat being a historical fiction. The story was fiction, but the background was history.
edit on 14-1-2014 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Auricom

This gets your jimmies to their maximum rustle? Seriously? Yet, we make a movie about it and rake in big bucks and that's OK...

Also, how dumb do you have to be to say things like "lets make a Nanking theme park"? The Titanic was an accident. The iceberg didn't rape the passengers now did it? How about we make a Holocaust ride? See how stupid that is?

I for one would love to experience it, I've been captivated with the Titanic and the stories of those on board since I was a child in the 80's.

If you're going to rant, then at least call out the right individual.

As a sidenote, it is also a disgrace to make money by whoring out the misery of victims. Be it the Titanic moive, Saving Private Ryan, or the most recent example, Wolf of Wall Street.

But I'm sorry if my version of satire offended your delicate sensibilities. At least you don't have to worry about me profiting off of it though.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Not for me, thanks.

Makes me think of being water-boarded in a bath full of ice cubes.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   

justreleased
I want to know how it feels to be nuked. Better yet how does it feel to be killed by random gunfire? Maybe they will open a 'theme park' where you can be raped and tortured.

(MY ABOVE SARCASIM IS INCLUDED AT NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE.)

I agree with you op this is sick and insensitive. Anything to make a buck.

There already is a theme park like that, its called the US. As a citizen i feel raped every day by our governement, and every day we can watch Obama and company murder our constitution. Not quit the same as what you imagined but similar from a non-physical POV.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Alrighty then. First you're flung into freezing ocean water, and then you either drown or freeze to death slowly. For a few bucks extra, you can be struck with flying debris or hit the back propellers on your way down.

Yup. I'd pay for that experience.

new topics

top topics

join